PDA

View Full Version : Bypassing the California Bullet Button out of State, with the Phase 5 Tactical MRT

good DOPE
08-04-2011, 4:41 PM
Hey everyone.... Just getting back to this great state of California from my summer travels from Oregon to texas and wanted to share a product that made my trip a whole lot easier!.. The Phase 5 Tactical (MRT) magazine release tool...

Site link.. http://www.phase5tactical.com/products/
listed under the "California Market" section

Without having to reinstall my factory magazine release button to enjoy my
recreational shooting activities (so I don't have to use a tool to release!) and following a friend of mine's advice on picking up the MRT from Phase 5.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/kyleplatinum/my_mrt_on_rifle.jpg

Totally effortless and great product for out of state travels!
Just wanted to spread the word... to all Calgunners.

Stay safe.... Happy shooting

glock_this
08-04-2011, 4:49 PM
The Wonder Wrench can do similar

But I just use FreeLock... even easier to use as it is part of the BB and is installed at all times, just untwist when in a free state and viola and twist back in while in CA

good DOPE
08-04-2011, 4:55 PM
The Wonder Wrench can do similar

But I just use FreeLock... even easier to use as it is part of the BB and is installed at all times, just untwist when in a free state and viola and twist back in while in CA

Yes, a couple of my buddys use the "freeLock" and they like it... it's just not for me, Ive seen some strip out from the turn tool... I wouldn't want to run into that problem while Im shooting.
There is just no issues or problems that could go wrong with the MRT, just pop in and pull out!

glock_this
08-04-2011, 5:03 PM
There is just no issues or problems that could go wrong with the MRT, just pop in and pull out!

Sure there are, it is a magnet and has just as much of a "chance" of getting tugged by clothing or gear and getting pulled out or just falling out as the freelock has of stripping. Both work, but 1 is not anymore immune to issues than the other. I think the freelock wins a bit more though since it is always there in place, just needs a few screws to go either way, and is attached by threads so more secure. IMHO.

And BTW, I have 3-4 Phase 5 products and like their products, but the magnetic release is not their original idea.

good DOPE
08-04-2011, 5:14 PM
Sure there are, it is a magnet and has just as much of a "chance" of getting tugged by clothing or gear and getting pulled out or just falling out as the freelock has of stripping. Both work, but 1 is not anymore immune to issues than the other. I think the freelock wins a bit more though since it is always there in place, just needs a few screws to go either way, and is attached by threads so more secure. IMHO.

And BTW, I have 3-4 Phase 5 products and like their products, but the magnetic release is not their original idea.

Very true!.. I could drop or lose the MRT just like I could drop or lose the Freelock turn tool.
They both seem like great products, I'm just sharing my personal experience with the MRT.. (it's the only one I have tried).

Thanks for the info!
Stay safe.

ElvenSoul
08-04-2011, 5:15 PM
You know there is the featureless build option?

mikemaccham
08-28-2011, 4:11 PM
This is my new favorite section of Calguns. Awesome tool! Does it lock in place? How would you stop it from getting lost, because it looks like it would fall out, and with my luck that would happen in the brush.

Deadon
08-28-2011, 6:33 PM
I got one but have yet to use it. Ill try it on my new build as it wont fit my other BB's. Cant wait to try it though. Cool idea for sure.

Bobby Ricigliano
08-29-2011, 3:21 PM
You know there is the featureless build option?

+1 For featureless builds. I have no use for bullet buttons. PS no offense to the OP but magnetic bullet buttons are not a new idea. They are a potential liability as well if you forget to remove it where it isn't allowed. They are easy to knock off and lose too.

LBDamned
08-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Bullet Button Convertible beats all of these. And Darin Prince guaranteed has the best customer service and backs his products 110%.

know of any place local (OC) that has these?...

Sugacookie
08-30-2011, 3:22 PM
+`1

This is my new favorite section of Calguns. Awesome tool! Does it lock in place? How would you stop it from getting lost, because it looks like it would fall out, and with my luck that would happen in the brush.