PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Springfield Range Officer?

ns3v3n
08-04-2011, 8:02 AM
Well as the title states, anyone handled one of these in person??? I"m thinking about getting one and just want to see what you guys think??? I currently have a Loaded black stainless target. How does the RO compared to the loaded besides all the loaded features like magwell, ambi safety. I read that the fit of the slide is better than the loaded model. I've used the search function and got little info, Any thoughts??? Thanks in advance.

bwiese
08-04-2011, 9:43 AM
I don't believe these are on the Roster of Approved Handguns.

If you want one, you'll have to get it via a CA FFL who transfers such guns via Roster-exempt single-shot pistol status.

ns3v3n
08-04-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't believe these are on the Roster of Approved Handguns.

If you want one, you'll have to get it via a CA FFL who transfers such guns via Roster-exempt single-shot pistol status.

That's correct, single shot exemption is easy to come by nowadays. Just want more info on the pistol before I do that. Thanks.

mackey
08-04-2011, 1:31 PM
I'd be interested to know as well as I'm considering the same or going with a kimber tle

mrkam
08-04-2011, 2:10 PM
I believe I saw one for sale in the Private Firearm Sales Marketplace. Maybe try messaging whoever is selling it and ask him about it.

ns3v3n
08-04-2011, 2:21 PM
I believe I saw one for sale in the Private Firearm Sales Marketplace. Maybe try messaging whoever is selling it and ask him about it.

good idea, i'll do that and see if i can get any info. Thanks.

BillPear
08-04-2011, 2:57 PM
In MY opinion I dont see the need to single shot a RO especially if you have a loaded already I'd put a couple of more bucks and the single shot price towards a full TRP.

Again just my opinion, YMMV:cool:

Shrubmaster
08-04-2011, 3:02 PM
In MY opinion I dont see the need to single shot a RO especially if you have a loaded already I'd put a couple of more bucks and the single shot price towards a full TRP.

Again just my opinion, YMMV:cool:

+1, an RO is a dumbed down plain jane TRP, might as well go for the real deal.