PDA

View Full Version : Century M1 Garand

maxicon
01-12-2007, 8:46 AM
I originally put some of this info in the FS thread, then decided it was inappropriate there, so here's a new one.

Century made an M1 Garand clone for a while, back around 2000, using their own receivers. You could buy them at Big 5 for $539 on sale, which must have been pretty tempting to those unfamiliar with CMP.

You can find out more on them in Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=century%20garand
First hit is a post I made back in 2005!

Fulton posted an analysis on one here:
http://www.fulton-armory.com/CAI-TI.htm

kurac
01-12-2007, 9:04 AM
Regarding Fultron Armory:

Some of the High end M14 armorers don't have nice things to say about the Fulton M14 Receivers that they claim so highly of.

If they were not building M1 Garands then I would take there opinion a little more seriously.

smle-man
01-12-2007, 12:19 PM
My only experience with the Century Garand was seeing two at the range, one shot like a laser beam and functioned fine, the other had multiple failures to function. So looks like you have a 50% of success or failure when buying one. I've read of guys buying them on the resale market to break them up for the frequently nice parts that were used to build the guns.

NRAhighpowershooter
01-12-2007, 2:47 PM
The Century M1's (Can't call 'em Garands 'taint right) are hit or miss.. you'll never know unless you buy it and shoot it... same results as smle-man had.. one of my buddies bought one.. shot great.. one of my HP shooters bought one..and I had to work on it to get it to work right...(wasn't too bad.. only took a new bullet guide, and a new gas cylinder) but for the prices.. people get taken on there rifles... even if they work right.. they are not
worth $500+ clams

icormba
01-12-2007, 3:55 PM
The Century M1's....
they are not worth $500+ clams

what NRAhighpowershooter said!

by the way NRAhighpowershooter, do you have a 30.06 reamer? if so... are they hard to use?

sorry to get off topic!

NRAhighpowershooter
01-12-2007, 4:23 PM
what NRAhighpowershooter said!

by the way NRAhighpowershooter, do you have a 30.06 reamer? if so... are they hard to use?

sorry to get off topic!

PM sent