PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Lowers?

steve2071
01-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Howdy all. This is my first post, but I've been a long time lurker. Great website.

I'm thinking of purchasing a Noveske OLL from the guys at Coldwarshooters once they get some more in, and I was wondering, what kind of finish their lowers sport. For comparison, I own a Stag and I find it to be quite matte.

rorschach
01-12-2007, 12:07 AM
The one I got was like most lowers: chalky. After a bath in Breakfree its a nice matte finish, like the Stags.

megavolt121
01-12-2007, 12:13 AM
The one I got was like most lowers: chalky. After a bath in Breakfree its a nice matte finish, like the Stags.

does the matte finish go away after a while after the clp bath and go back to chalky?

rorschach
01-12-2007, 12:33 AM
does the matte finish go away after a while after the clp bath and go back to chalky?

None of my lowers have, they retain the CLP pretty good. Even a few that I have CLP'ed only once almost a year ago still look nice. I'm sure if you hit them with some degreaser or brake kleen they would dry up though.

proraptor
01-12-2007, 7:25 AM
I also cant stand the chalky feeling....Look into a CMMG lower as they are nice and smooth

FNC80
01-12-2007, 7:46 AM
Stag makes the lowers for Noveske. They also supply the BCG, charging handles, and various other parts to Noveske.

naimad
01-12-2007, 7:51 AM
They are kind of chaulky dull looking if you want a really nice finish and good quality pof ,this is one of the nicest receivers ive seen

steve2071
01-12-2007, 9:09 AM
Thanks much fellas!

SixthChameleon
01-12-2007, 9:16 AM
I also cant stand the chalky feeling....Look into a CMMG lower as they are nice and smooth
I have a Lauer and just got a CMMG. The Lauer is decent, but the teflon coated finish and internal machining (no end mill marks) on the CMMG are excellent. Among forged receivers, I think the CMMGs are the best, and very competitively priced as well. I got mine from CWS on special for $115. DD's Ranch has them for $110, but they are generally out of stock, so you have to check back periodically.

Dave in LB
01-12-2007, 9:24 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but I too have a Noveske lower. I like it well enough. I am planning to outline the embossings with model enammel as was suggested on another thread. Should I do that first and then bathe in CLP? That would seem the correct order of things.