PDA

View Full Version : Hard Chrome and Polishing shop

RippSpeed
08-02-2011, 6:56 PM
I need to find a place in or near Long Beach. I want to hard chrome ( satin finish )my STI Edge from its factory black and want the the side of the slide to be polished to a mirror finish...

I want to find a reputable place soon because I'll be doing a sight tracker upgrade on the slide @ the end of the month and want to chrome it after...

I need a place near me or with in a 100 mile radius; I dont have to mail my pistol out. I cant be out of my old comp pistol for months on end...

JTROKS
08-02-2011, 7:55 PM
http://techplate.com/index.htm

I should've dropped off my pistol there when I took my family to Disneyland.

RippSpeed
08-02-2011, 9:02 PM
http://techplate.com/index.htm

I should've dropped off my pistol there when I took my family to Disneyland.

I already found that place before... They don't do frames... Because they don't have an FFL license. I've tried Dave's Metal Work, he does do hard chrome but doesn't polish... I need a one stop shop...

InGrAM
08-02-2011, 9:37 PM
Eww. but to each his own. :D

NiteQwill
08-02-2011, 9:53 PM
I already found that place before... They don't do frames... Because they don't have an FFL license. I've tried Dave's Metal Work, he does do hard chrome but doesn't polish... I need a one stop shop...

Really? I had work done on my Operator from TechPlate. When did they lose their FFL?

RippSpeed
08-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Really? I had work done on my Operator from TechPlate. When did they lose their FFL?

It states on their website, that they did...

And their price list doesn't say they do frames...

Maybe best to contact them to check...

toadman
08-03-2011, 12:42 PM
It's been a while, but Techplate did my Sig & they ended up taking over 2 months to hard chrome some pieces on it. They started getting really snippy with me when I started to "ask how much longer"? Hopefully their phone manners have improved.

spammusubiboy
08-03-2011, 6:23 PM
You'll have to ship but Metalloy is top notch and very quick from what I hear as well. You may want to look into them.