PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off by a "Calgun member"

Allentu
08-02-2011, 6:23 PM
I bought a P220 from a "Calgun member" but after I finished dros and picked up my gun, I found out it was junk! I tried to find the forsale post and his user name but all have been deleted! His number is edited out. Don't buy from him! He said everything was perfect and nothing is wrong with the gun. I first noticed the issues when I field stripped the sig P220 and noticed I wasn't able to put it back correctly and saw a pin sticking out and was loose at the back of the from that holds the hammer. I was able to push the pin back in just using my finger nail and then noticed that the hammer seemed farther back then it should be and pulled the trigger a few times(I already checked to see if the gun was unloaded). The hammer doesn't even look like it makes contact with the striker.

The handgun is obviously out of warranty and I need to take it to a reputable person/shop to work on the gun. Any recommendations?

Plisk
08-02-2011, 6:24 PM
What makes you think it's out of Warranty?

Allentu
08-02-2011, 6:28 PM
I am not the original owner and this guy might have been tampered. There's no reason why the pin is loose and the hammer looks too far back. It must have been taken apart before.

PandaLuv
08-02-2011, 6:30 PM
dood, that sucks !
that why FTF is the way to go.
Was his score any good?

scootergmc
08-02-2011, 6:30 PM
Is this your first pistol?

69Mach1
08-02-2011, 6:31 PM
Is this your first SIG? What you're describing with the hammer is normal.

Allentu
08-02-2011, 6:32 PM
I did do a face to face transaction. I just did a quick scan and field strip because the shop was closing

bjl333
08-02-2011, 6:33 PM
Sorry to hear about this!!! I think the karma would catch up to this dude if the gun was tampered with before and not disclosed!

I always try to "quote" the whole post for this exact reason! Ones the post is quoted I know exactly where it is and who it is. You don't have to quote it in the forum, you could hit quote then copy and paste the whole thing into your PM>

Allentu
08-02-2011, 6:33 PM
This is not my first sig

JTROKS
08-02-2011, 6:37 PM
Actually if the hammer is resting on the firing pin (striker?) then the hammer is broken. Sigs have rebounding hammers which is a safety feature. If you want to test if the hammers actually hits the firing pin, put a pencil eraser first into the barrel while the pistol is assembled with empty chamber. Then point up and pull the trigger. You may want to use a rag or magazine to prevent dinging your ceiling with the pencil. The pin you're referring to may be a little loose and is coming out. It could be as simple as getting a new pin. I know it sucks when a gun that supposedly doesn't have any issues have a pin coming out.

knucklehead
08-02-2011, 6:38 PM
So you were in s hurry to buy it. Didn't fully check it out. Then complain now that you can take your time to do so. Sounds like bad on both parts involved. Shouldn't have bought it if you were in a hurry.

HappyG
08-02-2011, 6:40 PM
I'm with knucklehead..it's your duty to make sure what you're purchasing is of a quality that you're happy with.

I'd PM or call the calgunner and ask some questions just to clear up any miscommunication.

GL.

Allentu
08-02-2011, 6:43 PM
I guess you didn't read the part about him deleting his for sale post and his user name off the board.

Thanks JTroks. I just tried the pencil trick. I can't believe I forgot about this. The firing pin works fine I guess but that loose pin is still driving me crazy.

Oldnoob
08-02-2011, 6:44 PM
If you pull out your DROS receipt from your FFL. It should have seller's full information. Call him out and talk over it. It should be much more helpful than post an unknown phone number in here.

trob
08-02-2011, 6:45 PM
Is this your first SIG? What you're describing with the hammer is normal.

I agree, sounds normal. Have you shot it?

Edit:

I guess you didn't read the part about him deleting his for sale post and his user name off the board.

Thanks JTroks. I just tried the pencil trick. I can't believe I forgot about this. The firing pin works fine I guess but that loose pin is still driving me crazy.

Ok, so everything works fine...where's the beef?

kel-tec-innovations
08-02-2011, 6:46 PM
I won't be jumping to any conclusions but do you know for sure how to reassemble this pistol properly? Metal is metal once you disassemble it assuming you did not break anything in the process it should go back together the same unless this pistol is made of clay??????

When ever I buy a pistol I take it apart to double check. When I sell a pistol I ask the buyer if they want me to show them how to disassemble and clean it.

If the pistol was as beat up as you mention it to be shouldn't the appearance of the exterior give you a clue?

And its out of warranty because your psychic?

Sorry I don't have much sympathy for you.

PRCABR4Christ
08-02-2011, 6:47 PM
Actually if the hammer is resting on the firing pin (striker?) then the hammer is broken. Sigs have rebounding hammers which is a safety feature. If you want to test if the hammers actually hits the firing pin, put a pencil eraser first into the barrel while the pistol is assembled with empty chamber. Then point up and pull the trigger. You may want to use a rag or magazine to prevent dinging your ceiling with the pencil. The pin you're referring to may be a little loose and is coming out. It could be as simple as getting a new pin. I know it sucks when a gun that supposedly doesn't have any issues have a pin coming out.

+1 :)

paul0660
08-02-2011, 6:48 PM
If you pull out your DROS receipt from your FFL. It should have seller's full information.

Actually the FFL should have redacted all but the seller's name.

JeremyS
08-02-2011, 6:48 PM
I haven't detail stripped a Sig before. That said, I have with quite a few other guns and sometimes pins are loose because they are held captive by other pins or the frame, etc, and there is less friction keeping a slightly loose fit. If you are convinced that the pin isn't supposed to be that loose, I'd try to determine if it's the pin that is worn or if it's the hole in the hammer that it goes through. Get a new pin, or get a new hammer.

I'm sure it'll still be a reliable gun for you, one way or the other.

And you shouldn't you have much of the guy's info on your receipt of sale slip?.....

PRCABR4Christ
08-02-2011, 6:49 PM

if you take a firearm apart enough, things loosen up, you can get new pins :D

Allentu
08-02-2011, 6:50 PM
This is neither my first handgun nor is it my first sig. I just never paid close attention to it till the pin came loose on its on while doing normal field stripping.

Allentu
08-02-2011, 6:55 PM
Btw, this gun looks almost a 10 out of 10 condition and doesn't have a rail so it "looked" like it was fine. Anyone have a shop in mind so I can have that pin replaced? I probably should have the sights changed while I'm at it