PDA

View Full Version : San Fernando Valley Store

Nick2
08-02-2011, 2:51 PM
Should have more employees, or a better system of helping people at the counter.

The few times I've gone in there (mostly to buy ammo, once to buy a mag) I've had to wait at the counter for ever. I've walked out a few times.

I won't be buying spontaneously at Turners without researching anymore either. I spent $40+ on the mag.. Could have gotten it shipped to my door for about $30. :rolleyes:

Ketsugo
08-02-2011, 3:24 PM
The Reseda store is a real mess. I too have walked out on more than one occasion. :(

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-02-2011, 4:06 PM
Should have more employees, or a better system of helping people at the counter.

The few times I've gone in there (mostly to buy ammo, once to buy a mag) I've had to wait at the counter for ever. I've walked out a few times.

I won't be buying spontaneously at Turners without researching anymore either. I spent $40+ on the mag.. Could have gotten it shipped to my door for about $30. :rolleyes:

The Reseda store is a real mess. I too have walked out on more than one occasion. :(

Thanks for the feedback; PM's on the way.

zrunr
08-02-2011, 5:34 PM
They discontinued the numbering system that used to in place. That seems to have caused problems when more than one or two people show up at the gun counter. That is never a problems on the fishing side. Also, the internal computer system has been slow when processing gun sale info for my recent purchases or PPTs there. Speeding up the computer system and the secondary paperwork examination would help move people through the line. I also appreciated it when the store was open until 9 PM. Opening at 9 AM or staying open until 9 PM at least one or two days a week would be appreciated.

Yugo
08-02-2011, 5:41 PM
everytime I walk in there it is a lot of people (sometimes hard to walk through.) guys are helpful (but it wouldnt hurt to smile once in a while..ALL of you) +1 for a number system again (why did they remove it?).

I think in todays market they should be a little more competitive with there accessories pricing.:rolleyes:

Nick2
08-02-2011, 5:43 PM
When did they get rid of the numbering system? I just purchased a mag there, maybe a week or two ago, and I had to take a number.

mydogsmonkey
08-03-2011, 9:57 AM
i also agree some system needs to be made, took me about an hour to get my HSC

Mike27t
08-04-2011, 2:41 PM
I waited to pay for items at the register for more than 10 minutes during my last visit (buying long cases and targets). I was the only one in line as clerk left the register to help a customer with an exchange, she never return back. Another employee from the counter came up to the register looking through some paper work by the register. I asked him if he could help me, his response "Noooope." without even providing the courtesy of looking at my while talking. Employee didnt apologies or offer any empathy, just "nooope." and he continued to read through his paperwork in front of me by the unmanned register. I literally dropped my items on the floor and never returned back.

The Reseda store is terrible and has lost my business.

Nick2
08-12-2011, 7:58 AM
When did they get rid of the numbering system? I just purchased a mag there, maybe a week or two ago, and I had to take a number.

Response to my own post: I didn't realize that they used to have a billboard that displayed who was next in line, instead of having the employees try and keep track of who was next in line.

I went in last night before closing and met the new store manager. He's a cool guy and it seems he's working to get things on track at Reseda. He mentioned that he brought in additional employees, and plans on getting a new billboard number calling thingamajig back up, so hopefully that will help.

I will continue to do business at Reseda, I'll just try to arrive at odd hours for now... :ninja:

ixta70
08-18-2011, 3:12 PM
I went in last night before closing and met the new store manager. He's a cool guy and it seems he's working to get things on track at Reseda. He mentioned that he brought in additional employees, and plans on getting a new billboard number calling thingamajig back up, so hopefully that will help.

I hope he does fix things there. This reseda turners is the one of the closest gun stores to me other than big 5 but they're service their is horrible. That's my last resort now because every time I walk in I want to get out as soon as possible. The guys behind the counter have horrible customer service skills, they just give you this hurry up and leave look all the time, whether busy or not. I honestly question if they even try to make a sale. No help at all, except for one guy that helped me buy a sentry safe one time. I believe his name was Kyle. Great attitude and helped me out as best as possible. +1 for him. Everybody else behind the gun counters -3. People at register are nice too. I think I might just drive out to Ammo Bros in Cerritos if I really need to stock up / buy anything and go back in to turners from time to time.
Just my $0.02

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.264644,-118.439207
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcd511
08-19-2011, 7:33 AM
[QUOTE=ixta70;6988862]I hope he does fix things there. This reseda turners is the one of the closest gun stores to me other than big 5 but they're service their is horrible. That's my last resort now because every time I walk in I want to get out as soon as possible. The guys behind the counter have horrible customer service skills, they just give you this hurry up and leave look all the time, whether busy or not. I honestly question if they even try to make a sale. No help at all, except for one guy that helped me buy a sentry safe one time. I believe his name was Kyle. Great attitude and helped me out as best as possible. +1 for him. Everybody else behind the gun counters -3. People at register are nice too. I think I might just drive out to Ammo Bros in Cerritos if I really need to stock up / buy anything and go back in to turners from time to time.
Just my $0.

Reseda is also closest for me but I cringe sometimes thinking of going there. West Covina and Pasadena have been great but Reseda needs help in their customer service skills. There was a guy that worked there that went to the new Torrance store. He was great, can't remember his name but lucky for Torrance they got him.

fARnk
08-28-2011, 2:24 PM
i don't know if this is the right forum for this but it's my first post.
stopped by the shop in rancho cucamonga (near in-laws) and this employee there gave me a hand and his opinions on scopes. i ended up buying $300 worth of accessories for my AR (except the scope). That guy was UBER cool. don't know his name (blonde dude, tatoos) +5.
drove back to ventura (where i live) and went to reseda store a few days later to buy the scope i decided on. i waited in line 37 mins (yea i timed it...not my first time to reseda) to purchase the scope. while the guy behind the counter stood and waited (i'm sure to answer any questions the possible scope buyer had) i asked if i could buy a scope that he had been near, not look at, buy. i told him i had driven there just to purchase. he said, yeah sure just let me finish helping this guy and the next guy and i'll grab it for you, i can't have two scopes out at the same time. i said, i'm gonna buy it, im not browsing. he looked away. Crappy thing was, i was in line before the guy he was helping but when the employee asked, who was next? the shopper threw a fit about how long HE had to wait and the employee just decided to help him to shut him up. i was ok with that but when he told me what he did i was pissed. i waited until it was "my turn" and all he did was pull the scope out, said it was their last one, boxed it and i left. i could have been in and out in 10 minutes, instead i was there for 50. my only buyers remorse was buying the scope from reseda. i get it, i'm in customer service too, but that sucked.

pacifico23
08-30-2011, 2:04 PM
Yeah great store!

Was put on hold for over 40 minutes and was hung up on twice trying to find out if you carries the Magpul Bius. I dont think a company ever mad me as mad as that. It cost the San Fernando Turners the sale of the BUIS and the XD .45 I was looking at buying their for some time. I tell the lady on the phone, how the 45 minute wait cost their store about 600-700 sale. She was like "Oh" no apologies she couldnt care less if they lost the sale. I proceeded to Salvo Industries in Calabassas and Jack over their took care of me.

Never again.

HKMadness
08-30-2011, 9:26 PM
I dont mind the wait NEARLY as much as i mind the TERRIBLE service. They treat all the customers like ignorant, stupid sheep with money to spend. $4,000 in purchases later from turners, i utilize other venues now. For clarification, ive been to the san bernadino store (once), redondo beach (once) and reseda (many times). The other two were fine but im talking about the reseda store.

pchavez
08-30-2011, 9:49 PM
I've been to the Reseda store the last 2 days in a row because I've been told something will be in stock. Each time, no where to be found.

Also, on each of my last 2 visits, the customer waiting before me was there to pick up a firearm and was told their gun "didn't make it to the store and it'd be there till next Tuesday. Because that is when they get their shipments in." One of the customers even made the trip all the way from Palmdale. What's the point of the 10 day DROS if you still won't have your firearm when it's up?

shinbone
08-30-2011, 10:17 PM
The reseda store is one place I wont come back to unless I go to get fishing stuff or anything off the shelves. Even the girl behind the counter seemed to be too bothered to check stuff out out for me.

All the other Turners have been great. Busy people, but they try to get to you.

titigasss
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Those guys need better customer service. I've walked in on several occasions walked the store for more than a half an hour with no greeting or even asked if needed help

Yugo
08-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Reseda is ok (The ladies working there is one of the reasons I still go there) walked out many times. Like I said before if there prices were just a "few" $ more than the internet they will make more sales. I would rather pay $5-$10 more and buy now and not wait for shipping but when its $20+ than thats a different story Just my .2c

GlockTank
09-06-2011, 3:56 PM
From when I walked in the store today I waited an hour, before I was helped. This is unacceptable I spend a lot of money there and this has been a problem for awhile at this location. I am really considering finding another store to take my business to. All the guys that work there are great just need to speed up the service. Help the customers that are in the store, and let the guy on hold wait a few extra minutes.

DrachenSS
09-07-2011, 5:12 PM
Totally agree! And forget about trying to call them for anything! I called 3 times today asking if a certain rifle had come in, so I could come down and check it out. Not only did it seem like they were trying to get rid of me, but I kept getting the...uhhh, just call back later. Finally, after the third time, I just gave up! I wont be buying from them anymore with that kind of service. Just hope I can get my deposit back. :taz:

robz@turners
09-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Send me an e-mail at ROBZ@turners.com with your info and I will take care of it a call you back.

They got their number system this week and the manager has added some policies to try to help with the phone issues.

Let me know if you see an improvement.

bonzaiii
09-15-2011, 4:03 PM
Yea, I've got to say I've walked out of the store due to the long wait also but I cant see any way to make it much better there were about as many staff members as could reasonably fit behind the counter working, It just seems to be a darn busy store, Don't think you'll want to change that!

Rhythm of Life
09-17-2011, 11:05 PM
From when I walked in the store today I waited an hour, before I was helped. This is unacceptable I spend a lot of money there and this has been a problem for awhile at this location. I am really considering finding another store to take my business to. All the guys that work there are great just need to speed up the service. Help the customers that are in the store, and let the guy on hold wait a few extra minutes.

I think the waits have more to do with the 2 hours it takes their employees to do the DROS process. Or the 1 hour waits to pick up a firearm.

BackNBlack
09-20-2011, 9:48 AM
I just purchased a consignment Ruger revolver and got a real deal on it! But it took two hours to purchase the gun, then wait 30 days because they did not know when they took it into inventory, then an hour and 45 min to do the duros, and finally another 2 hours to pick the gun up. By contrast I purchased an AR-15 at the gun store in Camarillo (I looked at the ones at Turners but for the same money I got more features and a better brand at Camarillo) it took me 20 min. to duros and 15 min to pick up and he had customers that he helped before me while running the store by himself. For me to buy another gun from Turners it would have to be an exceptional deal in order to go through that hassle again.