PDA

View Full Version : SR9c to SR40c

andrewinssf
08-02-2011, 11:47 AM
This may be a stupid question... But does anyone know if the SR9c and SR40c share the same lower half? In other words, would I be able to purchase an SR40c slide and barrel and put them on my SR9c? Itd be pretty cool if that were possible to have both calibers running off the same platform. Just a thought.

redhemi
08-02-2011, 12:17 PM
I,m going to guess and say no because I think the 40 mag will not fit in the 9 frame. Well I just proved myself wrong on that. I just took my SR40 mag and it slipped right into my SR9c with no problems it clicked in and ejected out. Call Ruger may be they will tell you.

NoJoke
08-02-2011, 1:56 PM
Cool!
Ya mean all I'd have to buy is the 40 upper for my 9 mm sr9c?
Do they sell uppers only?
How would one register the part?

CarlozRossi
08-02-2011, 3:23 PM
Cool!
Ya mean all I'd have to buy is the 40 upper for my 9 mm sr9c?
Do they sell uppers only?
How would one register the part?

The only thing you have to register on a pistol is the part that has a serial number on it. Which in most cases is the frame(lower).

I don't believe they sell just the "upper" yet. As I have not seen any for sale online.

You should contact Ruger first and find out for a fact that it would be possible to put a SR40c slide on a SR9c frame. I own a SR9c and would be interested to know if it's possible too.

andrewinssf
08-02-2011, 10:00 PM
If it were to work, I'm willing to bet that you could maybe even use the same mag as the SR9c. I'm not sure how it would feed, But I was able to load .40's into my SR9c magazine. I'm gonna give Ruger a call this week and see what they can tell me. I'll post my finding when I know. Thanks for the input.

Blackhawk556
08-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I think hickok45 has a video and he mentions that they are different frames. Look up his video, he mentions it there.