View Full Version : Where can I get a magazine for a Remington Mohawk 10c .22LR??

01-11-2007, 12:44 PM
When I turned 18 (Several years ago) my grandfather gave me a .22lr Remington Mohawk 10c.

I have shot probably 500+ rounds thorough it in the last 7 years; and from what I have been told my Father/Uncle and Grandfather lived off this rifle and it's twin (Excpet the other is a stock-loading rifle) all winter long when they lived in Washington (Rabbits and whatever they could kill) when they were snowed in.

The 10 round magazine that I have for it is completely worn out (Weak spring) and where it locks in has been worn (Plastic) and does not stay far enough up to properly load the rounds.

I have been to several places that sell magazines ranges/stores/ebay/sites and none of them carry the one I need. I have purchased 4 that looked like they were correct (Identical picture posted online) but once I got them they were not correct.

If anyone has any/knows where I can get one I would appreciate it!

(I don't know if you can legally have any magazines that hold more than 10 rounds; but I have been told that they were made for this rifle)

01-11-2007, 3:19 PM
I also inherited a 10c from my grandfather. Aren't they fun?:D The mags are almost impossible to find. You can use the mags from the 77 but you'll have to add material to the catch, and file to fit. I used a product called "quick steel" from kragen auto, but I'm sure some jb weld would work too. Mine work ok, I get the occasional ftf prob but not too often.

I've found original mags at the gunshows, and I did manage to find one on ebay once.

actually....I found one right now. ebay item #170069020930

If you decide not to bid on it please pm me so I can.

01-11-2007, 3:40 PM
Simple fix, all gun owners should know about Numrich arms.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=196980B&MC= (http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=196980B&MC)=

01-11-2007, 4:06 PM
Holy sh*t balls batman almost $25!!!(I'm not cheap...I'm poor). Well...at least they have them. last time I looked they only had the 5rd mag.

01-12-2007, 8:46 AM
tujungatoes - Yes it's as fun as hell; my bro-in-law and I go to the range and spend all day plinking 1000 rounds or more! At $0.01 + or - per round how can you beat that??? Can you send me a pick of how you modified the 77? Cause I think those are the ones I bought, I was going to sell them but if they can be modded I will give it a try!

I am currently watching the item. I am definitely going to wait till the last minute to bid! If it get's near the $20.00 range I will just buy 3-4 of them off off e-gunparts.com (Are they selling new ones-for that much they better be new!!!!)

461- THANKS!!! Are they selling those new that you know of, if not I can always call! (Seems too steep to be used!)

01-12-2007, 8:50 AM
Parts for the Mohawk 10c show up on ebay on a regular basis too. I used to look for parts for Remington Model 10 shotguns a lot, and the Mohawk parts would show up.

There's a mag listed there right now. Search on remington mohawk. (oops - saw this was already posted!)

The Numrich parts on orphan guns are almost always used, and can be high priced when there's a limited supply. Numrich is a great place, but they do have a tendency to screw up orders. Fortunately, they're pretty responsive at fixing them!

01-12-2007, 4:11 PM

The macro setting on my camera sucks so I just found a pic on-line. Mix the epoxy, and kinda mush it on the under/outside of the catch. Toothpics are handy to shape it once it's on there(work quick). Then just let it cure and file away till it locks up tight. My girlfriend has a nice camera. I'll try to get her to take some good pics tomorrow if need be. But it's pretty easy to figure out. I think you only need to add about .030" or so to the bottom to get it to work right. good luck.

01-12-2007, 11:57 PM
maxicon- Thanks for letting me know they are used!!! The last thing I need is to order one like mine (Worn) and does not fit snugly!-and pay through the nose for it just to have to jb-weld it anyways!

tujungatoes- Thanks for the pic, I get the idea!! When I am shooting with my hands in the normal position I ony get 1 of 2 rounds before a jam. If I take my left-hand and apply pressure to the bottom of the mag and squeeze it up I can shoot all day with minimal jams!!! I think I will get some jb-weld and give it a try, if it does the trick I'll just sand the jb down with 1000-grit wet/dry and just throw a light coat of black primer on the entire thing!!!

01-14-2007, 6:25 PM
Auction # 170069020930 1-14-2007 7:30pm

$20.03 -Item
$ 2.50 -Shipping
$22.53 total so far, and still a day and a half left before the end of the auction! Appeareantly (tujungatoes) and myself aren't the only ones that still use this rifle and want an extra magazine for it!!! LOL

Does anyone know of larger capacity mag's were made/are compatible with a Rem Mohawk 10c???

11-22-2009, 2:17 PM
Simple fix, all gun owners should know about Numrich arms.
http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=196980B&MC= (http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=196980B&MC)=
Holy sh*t balls batman almost $25!!!(I'm not cheap...I'm poor). Well...at least they have them. last time I looked they only had the 5rd mag.

If you search by the part number w/o the suffix, this comes up for both the 10C and 77. Numrich uses the alpha suffix only to track internally which gun you're ordering for. The part is the same regardless of the suffix.

11-22-2009, 2:20 PM

Could I get you to refresh these, please?