PDA

View Full Version : Turners positive service

NYsteveZ
08-01-2011, 5:28 PM
First, I dont work for Turners, but just wanted to share my positive experience with fellow Calgunners. All to often people post rants on the net concerning bad experiences. My recent visit to the Turners in Kearny Mesa San Diego was top notch. The clerk (Russ) took the time, answered my questions and got me the precise gun I was looking for. At no time did I feel I was being an inconvienience to someone who specializes in tennis shoes. Everyone was very friendly and professional. For this, I purchased my gun there, and will continue to do business at Turners KM. Great job gents!

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-02-2011, 4:24 PM
First, I dont work for Turners, but just wanted to share my positive experience with fellow Calgunners. All to often people post rants on the net concerning bad experiences. My recent visit to the Turners in Kearny Mesa San Diego was top notch. The clerk (Russ) took the time, answered my questions and got me the precise gun I was looking for. At no time did I feel I was being an inconvienience to someone who specializes in tennis shoes. Everyone was very friendly and professional. For this, I purchased my gun there, and will continue to do business at Turners KM. Great job gents!

Thanks for you feedback!

We'll pass it on to Russ and the team at Kearny Mesa :)

dogg1er
08-02-2011, 5:27 PM
Well if this is the atta boy thread then let me add mine. I visit the turners in west covina, and every time i go in there I am greeted with a friendly face and great attitudes. I have purchased all 5 of my fire arms there and not once have been frowned upon or have been made to feel like i don't know what I'm talking about. The 2 managers I talk to are Tom and Jordan and they are just great to deal with. They answer every one of my questions, never make me feel rushed and help in every way possible. Another pleasant person to deal with is rebecca, I have been to this turners many times (as a matter of fact its the only turners i go to because of there staff) and have never had any problems what so ever. I have heard a few horror stories about other turner stores like standing around for long lengths of time and no one helping out the cutomers but i have had no experience with them. If you want a very satisfying and painless experience when purchasing a firearm go to the turners in west covina. It is a great place to do business at and for that I will continue to keep purchasing my firearms at that location.

GREAT JOB! West Covina keep it up.

LBDamned
08-03-2011, 7:20 AM
one of the biggest kudos needs to go to whoever is fielding this section of the forum...

The efforts being made to make things right is awesome (went the extra mile for me and seems to be helping others that had problems)...

And it appears that the info being mentioned out hear regarding specific stores are being addressed (positive and negative)...

So thanks Turners - whether its different people on one user name or just one person, not sure who you are - but thumbs up for your efforts!

Foriegn power
08-03-2011, 8:42 AM
Overall, the Turners at Pasadena the gentleman named Hector is always helpful. Another the blond middle aged Caucasian women (west covina turners) was a excellent salesperson this was back in 2008 though I just thought people needed to get commended.

NYsteveZ
08-04-2011, 8:45 PM
Ill also add, that Turners has the best selection of parts for my AR and AK, and on hand gun selection? I would be hard pressed to find any other establishment with so many choices. The fishing and hunting sections dont seem to shabby either.

noveskePL
08-04-2011, 9:44 PM
was in kearny mesa today. best selection i have seen at any turners. excellent service as well.

srvgtrfan
08-10-2011, 9:03 PM
I think I spent close to three hours in the Corona store this evening, debating on the Wednesday Special FNP 9mm, or the Springfield Armory XD9. The four reps there, Trey, Lou, Dept MGR Bobby, and someone else took turns showing me these pistols, as well as several other models, and I must say, these guys showed incredible patience and understanding throughout my visit. It took me forever it seemed to make a decision, and obviously there were other customers, so they would excuse themselves very politely and attend to others. When finished, they would offer me more assistance. Never once did I feel pressured or that they were getting irritated. I'm sure they must have been getting frustrated, but if they were, they never showed it. They each assisted other customers with the same patience and enthusiasm they had been showing me, and I must say, I am VERY impressed! Just amazing customer service! Thank you Turner's Corona! I now have an FNP waiting for me to pick up in 10 days! :D

joe321
08-15-2011, 8:45 PM
Just picked up an M&P 15-22 MOE at the Torrance location a few weeks ago. They were very busy, but gave me great service. Love the rifle!

aceventura
08-18-2011, 9:27 PM
I was killing some time at the Pasadena store tonight. The crew working that shift were doing a great job. I have been critical of that store before on cal guns. Big difference. I'll be coming back to Pasadena. Keep it up guys (and girl)!!!

playamanhattan
08-24-2011, 11:33 AM
My $.02 :
I have had great service from Devin @ the Signal Hill store. I have purchased 3 guns from him in the last 6 months....

NYsteveZ
08-24-2011, 1:34 PM
I am thrilled with my purchase from the Kearny Mesa store (Arsenal AK47). I went to the San Marcos store yesterday evening, and unfortunately, there is no more models of the types of rifles or pistols I would be interested in from Turners. I am into cold war era guns (AK74, SKS, Draco, RPK, Makarov, Tokarev, etc) and when I asked the gentleman, he showed me Turners catalog (sale items) which didnt have anything appealing to me. He took my phone number in case they find out that they can in the future.

dougolupski
08-25-2011, 6:18 PM
I'll throw my 2 in this. I just bought a Benelli Supernova last Friday at the Orange store. My rep Reed was more than helpful and patient as we went through the Tarus PT92, Berreta 92, Benelli Nova and the Super Nova. He was helpful in narrowing down what I needed (hah need, come aren't they all wants) and got me into my SuperNova in no time flat. No just need to wait till Tuesday to get it:(

More than happy with the service I received.

bert etheredge
08-29-2011, 7:46 PM
Ya I just bought the Taurus PT92 from the orange store as well! Fred the rep was very helpful and let me know the PT92 was just went on sale $100 off the retail price just 5 minutes before I came into the store. SOLD!!! Pick it up on 9/1 It's on this weekend!!

dougolupski
08-29-2011, 9:21 PM
Just picked up my SuperNova a few hours ago and pretty sure I will be picking up the PT92 on Saturday. Wait was a bit long this evening but still happy with my service. I will echo what others have said in the other threads a number system would be great. It my be a bit impersonal but as it was I had to fend off the counter and stand my ground to maintain position. Its cut throat on our side of the counter.

Sonny188
08-30-2011, 5:55 AM
Yup, a number system would be excellent. We could browse and purchase more while waiting for our turn!

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-30-2011, 9:09 AM
Yup, a number system would be excellent. We could browse and purchase more while waiting for our turn!

Done; we will have numbering systems in our highest volume stores in the next few days and it's likely that we'll be putting those into even more stores after that. :)

temekuguy
08-30-2011, 9:19 AM
I went to the turners on Saturday. Very busy bu the gentleman behind the counter let me check out an Ak while the person her was helping went to pay. I thought that was cool.

Also since I missed the sale I emailed turners and they offered me the sale price. Outstanding. I will be purchasing from them.

Sonny188
08-30-2011, 9:48 AM
Thank you Turners on the numbering system! I will be picking up my new Noveske N4 at your Kearny Mesa store this Friday in the PM. Hope to shop for a red dot sight while waiting.;)

molasses2k
08-30-2011, 9:19 PM
I did 2 ppt's this weekend at Turners West Covina and they both rocked- best ppt's ever anywhere like 15 min. each and Jordan is the man that made that happen- whatever their new system is should be made universal-

Didn't talk to him this week but Carey @ w.c. is always the best and super helpful-

My pasadena experience SUCKED other than the fact that Jennifer made thing happen when the rest of the crew seemed surly and unenthusiastic.
Of course they were right to feel that way because they were HORRIBLY understaffed and customers ($$$$) were walking out left and right as a result. MUCH more was lost in lost sales than would have been paid to have another person helping at the gun counter- Pasadena has a terrible reputation for just that reason.

also it's time to replace many light bulbs- so many violations of what seems to me to be basic retail-

When I walked in at 6:30 I was told "they probably wouldn't be able to do my ppt tonite."
WTH? I just drove 40 miles to hear that???

BUT JENNIFER (who wasn't even supposed to be there) MADE IT HAPPEN-

I'm going to write to Rob Zubec but until then this is what happened to me who went to Turners many times last week-

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-31-2011, 3:02 PM
I did 2 ppt's this weekend at Turners West Covina and they both rocked- best ppt's ever anywhere like 15 min. each and Jordan is the man that made that happen- whatever their new system is should be made universal-

Didn't talk to him this week but Carey @ w.c. is always the best and super helpful-

My pasadena experience SUCKED ...

Thanks for sharing- both the good and the less-than-good- PM sent.

Ricky-Ray
09-01-2011, 3:33 PM
More good rant's... :)

Picked up my Marlin 795 last week from the Pasadena store. Yes most of the time I go they are pretty busy but overall I've always have good experiences with their staff. Easy, well going, never feel like I'm pressured to buy anything from them.

If budget permits you guys should definitely consider hiring at least one or two more guys for the gun counter.

tast101
09-01-2011, 5:16 PM
Every time I go into the San B store everyone is helpful. Just got my Remy 700 out of jail today, they always ask if they can help with anything else. Same service when I picked up my Ruger 10/22 on the 18th. Got one more purchase to squeeze in before the end of the year maybe.

NYsteveZ
09-01-2011, 6:10 PM
Theyre good to go. I really had a great experience at the Kearny Mesa store, and for that, Ill be paying regular visits here. I am fortunate to have THREE great gun stores in the San Diego area, each unique to certain needs.

Akers
09-02-2011, 8:59 AM
Maybe I am going to the wrong Kearny Mesa store because unless you get KD your SOL. He is the only one I have dealt with that doesn't portray that they are a master gunsmith. He has a good personality, friendly and doesn't make you feel like you don't belong or are bother him. Note to the rest of them, selling guns if your job.

playamanhattan
09-03-2011, 10:27 AM
My $.02 :
I have had great service from Devin @ the Signal Hill store. I have purchased 3 guns from him in the last 6 months....

Just finished a PPT at Signal Hill, and Devin was the man again!

Malmon
09-03-2011, 9:03 PM
I dread going to Turners because of their lousy service, poor communication & terrible condescending attitude. Last negative transaction I had was a few months ago at the Norwalk branch where I bought a safe. On the day of pickup, I borrowed my brother's truck, ask a few friends over to help me and called beforehand to confirm that it came in from the warehouse. However, after all these preparations, I did not get my safe that day.

Initially the person helping us marked a newly delivered exact model safe as being mine after he came back from checking the computer. When he went to get the manager, the story changed and was told that I have to come back because that is for another customer who will be picking it up later that day. I told them that I suspect they are pulling a switcheroo on me. The guy offered to cancel the order, and he will waive the cancellation fee. But I needed a safe badly so I opted to keep the order.

On the second pickup date, guess what, they gave me the exact same safe that was allegedly for another customer. The exact same safe with the handwritten name on the box located in the exact same crooked angle, adjacent to the display safes.

Feedback is one thing, name calling is another and will not be allowed.
Keep it civil.
Kestryll

Now going back to the topic of this thread. Just thought I share one of the rare positive experience I had at a Turners store. which happened earlier today. I, together with another Calgunner, went to the Corona store for a PPT. We dealt with David and he handled everything well. No attitude, straight up professional service, and we were done in no time. The cute cashier is a big plus! :)

NYsteveZ
09-04-2011, 8:24 AM
Maybe I am going to the wrong Kearny Mesa store because unless you get KD your SOL. He is the only one I have dealt with that doesn't portray that they are a master gunsmith. He has a good personality, friendly and doesn't make you feel like you don't belong or are bother him. Note to the rest of them, selling guns if your job.

Thats a shame, I had Russ help me out there and he was good to go.

kalaca
09-04-2011, 7:52 PM
Arrived at the Corona store was my first time there was help with everything schooled on some guns and knowledge great customer service as being my first gun purchase had lots of questions that were answered very well!!Thanks guys unfortunately do to lack of paper work did not get my gun will be back as soon as i get it in order!:rolleyes:

dougolupski
09-04-2011, 9:45 PM
Look I am not a pro turners guy in fact I would rather buy from my local guy in Santa Barbara. But there are three other rant threads in turner's vendor forum. Can we please keep this to what the thread title says and post the others on the other thread. If not we might as well re title this one into another why I hate Turners.

TallTale
09-08-2011, 7:50 PM
Went to turners in Kearny Mesa twice. As someone new to guns the people behind the counter were very helpful and talked to me as long as I wanted!

kouki
09-09-2011, 12:54 PM
I have bought 8 guns since April when I got my first. Seven of them from the Turners in Signal Hill and one from the new Torrance store. I've tried going to other gun stores in the area but Turners in Signal Hill is pretty close to my job and I've always had great customer service when I go there.

Robert and Mike have been the best help whenever I go to the Signal Hill store. They're always friendly, helpful, and go out of their way to make sure I'm happy with my purchase.

notme92069
09-09-2011, 1:09 PM
I picked my striped lower today from San Marcos. I always get great service there. Yes, sometimes there is a wait but that happens at every store with great service. It's what attracts the customers.

jak77
09-09-2011, 1:26 PM
I second the motion of hiring another employee for behind the counter at the Pasadena store. I was there to pick up my Marlin 795 and had to wait 45 min before I was helped. I didnt really mind since I was picking up my rifle, but I could see plenty of other customers getting frustrated. A few even left. I had the same experience ten days prior when I stated the paperwork on the Marlin. It seems like one or two more employees for the closing shift would really help a lot.

AragornElessar86
09-09-2011, 2:45 PM
I love the SM Turners, but they could use more people behind the gun counter Friday-Sunday.

JAGGUY
09-09-2011, 3:03 PM
I picked up a Walther P1 today in Rancho. I will say that for a long time I tried to avoid Turners as much as possible due to run ins with lousy attitudes among the sales people.
However, ever since the new owners took over there has been a marked change in the way Turners has done business with me.
Today I dealt with Darin @ RC and it was a real pleasure. Everything went well and we were done very quickly.
I've been dealing with this operation since the mid '70's when they were Andrews Sporting Goods and it seems like Turners really has it's act together again!

Rallyfan
09-15-2011, 5:30 PM
Praise is due to the staff at Chino Hills. I walked in and wanted to talk .22LR plinkers, and the tall, thin, gray haired gentleman behind the counter was exactly that -- a gentleman. He was informative, helpful, and immediately greeted me and offered to help. I will be shopping there as much as possible largely as a result. Service matters, and in my experience the staff member I spoke with understood this. Great job.

civilsnake
09-26-2011, 2:13 PM
I'm gonna jump in and bump this thread:

I tip my hat to the crew at Turner's WestCo! Jordan and the gang are always super cool and helpful to me. I had bad experiences in Pasadena a few years back, and I'm glad I gave West Covina a shot last year. The service was so good I've gone out of my way to make my purchases there and will keep doing so as long as the item is on sale ;)

Keep up the good work!

duster1974
09-26-2011, 2:27 PM
I started the paperwork on my G17 at Turners Reseda last week. Sure - i had to take a number and wait about 15minutes. Thats ok. It was a Monday afternoon.

Last month, I purchased my wife's G19 at a smaller Ventura-county based shop that typically has great reviews. The employee that helped me fill out paperwork was a peer age of mine, mid-late 20s. Very kind, knowledgeable and patient helpful. Another person helped me during the pickup, and he was pretty much trying to get us out of the shop asap. I asked him to go over the safe handling again, since the wife was there for the pickup. Reaction was like it was a hassle for him. That was unfortunate, as its the closest gun shop to where I live. We also have been waiting 2 months for add'l mag holders and G19 holster for her gun for upcoming Action Pistol competition. We were originally quoted 1-2 weeks, and we have received no news regarding the status of the order. This is unfortunate, as I'm always looking forward to becoming a "customer evangelical" of anywhere I can recommend to friends/family.

Comparing the two overall experiences, it was very much like buying any non-consumable at a large "big box" store vs mom and pop shop.

The price difference must be taken in account, which was $600 vs 540 on sales at Turners. 10% is 10%: $60 is $60.

Clownpuncher
09-26-2011, 3:00 PM
Got into Kerney Mesa this morning to pick up the XD-40 you had on sale. They didn't have any but Amanda went above and beyond to find one for me. I think it may have been the last one you guys had left.
Took about 10 min to DROS and pay and I was on my way. This is the second gun I have purchased form the Kerney Mesa store, both times have been excellent.

And the remodel is looking good!!

czshooter
10-02-2011, 10:30 AM
I would like to recognize Anthony in the Pasadena store for great service. He helped me through believe it or not the dreaded private party transfer. I have had great luck and excellent service at the Pasadena store.

quarterscalelegends
10-03-2011, 7:17 PM
we (myslelf, wife and 2 kids) visit the corona store 1-2 times a week. We have purchased MULTIPLE guns there. sometimes 2 at a time. Guys are awesome there, every one... David, larry, scott, chuck, george, mike, trey, etc... I also want to say we had a problem with wrong paperwork on a Dros and they had to take the gun back :( and run it again. BUT they went above and beyond and were sincerely sorry. If it had been any other gun store we would have been upset, but its hard to get mad at the good guys you have there.

Please dont put number tickets there. I HATE that about ammo bros. You go there and could be the only one there, but they wont help you unless you pull a number?!?!? We are patient, and if you have good employees, they know who was there first... and if you have good customers they know who was there first.

Thanks!

rplusplus
01-06-2012, 9:19 AM
I should have done this earlier... but better late than never eh?

Thank you Turners Kearny Mesa. 2011 saw two new firearm additions as well as other shooting accessories from your store. Both times the full DROS procedures went flawlessly with every question I had answered above and beyond my expectations. The addition of the Take a Number system has really made it much easier to complete the process by the way. And when I needed an out of stock item ordered I was told when I would expect it and received a call when it came in (Personal Thank you to Amanda). Keep up the good work.

Mac7504
01-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Russ is the dude, I go to him or Rich for everything.

I would, however, be sad to see a number system in the Norwalk store; I feel like cattle when they do that. I understand that some stores need it but just dislike when they do. It take's that mom/pop feeling out of the equation.

black96ws6
01-06-2012, 2:05 PM
Might as well throw my 2 cents in too.

I went to Turner's in San Marcos to pick up a GP WASR\10 on sale for $399.

They didn't have any in stock so I was able to put a deposit down on it, get it for the sale price, and they're going to call me when they get them in the warehouse.

So just waiting for that call now! LoL. No complaints, everyone was friendly so will definitely go back...

gr8dragon88
01-08-2012, 9:16 PM
we (myslelf, wife and 2 kids) visit the corona store 1-2 times a week. We have purchased MULTIPLE guns there. sometimes 2 at a time. Guys are awesome there, every one... David, larry, scott, chuck, george, mike, trey, etc... I also want to say we had a problem with wrong paperwork on a Dros and they had to take the gun back :( and run it again. BUT they went above and beyond and were sincerely sorry. If it had been any other gun store we would have been upset, but its hard to get mad at the good guys you have there.

Please dont put number tickets there. I HATE that about ammo bros. You go there and could be the only one there, but they wont help you unless you pull a number?!?!? We are patient, and if you have good employees, they know who was there first... and if you have good customers they know who was there first.

Thanks!

I was at the Corona store yesterday and was surprised to see the numbering system there. :-(

I looked around while waiting for my turn, then gave my number to someone else and left.

Just hope Turner's doesn't put the numbering system everywhere...

ke6guj
01-08-2012, 9:38 PM
I was at the Corona store yesterday and was surprised to see the numbering system there. :-(

I looked around while waiting for my turn, then gave my number to someone else and left.

Just hope Turner's doesn't put the numbering system everywhere...why not? If there were 5 people in front of you with tickets, you'd have to wait just as long as if there were 5 people in front of you without tickets. Unless you like to jump the line and now you can't since everyone has a number?

A-J
01-09-2012, 7:21 AM
I'll chime in with my experience at the Reseda store. In the last 2 years, I've bought 3 times from them, and every time has been a good experience. The long wait times is hte only drawback, but it is only due to the number of customers and the sales guys doing everything in their power to make sure the customer actually receives good service. Everyone with whom I've dealt has been knowledgeable and patient.

chowtime
01-09-2012, 5:51 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to the crew at Turner's in Corona. They made my first PPT transaction easy and I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

beb1954
01-09-2012, 10:54 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:
Enough already, How many from the "CON" side would want to chime in given the same amount of time given for these to be posted.
I used to go to Turner's in Chino on Colony all the time. And it was okay. Nothing to fall all over myself to say how great they were. I dod remember the one older gentleman that was the creme of the crop. Old WWII vet if I recall, and part of my trip in there was just so I could have conversation with him.
The new store in RC, in my 2 or 3 times in there were nothing but the perverbial trip to the circus and I won't elaborate other than, young, immature, rude, and I thought I was going to leave with a Big Mac and fries..

LBDamned
01-10-2012, 6:59 AM
^^^ I think you missed the point... there are plenty of rant threads - why isn't it ok to have one (or more) that addresses positive experience?

And although none of your experiences may habeen exceptional - you aren't indicative of those us that have had exceptional service. Try going to the Norwalk store, you likely will have a different perspective.

rplusplus
01-10-2012, 7:20 PM
I always called it the 4 and 40 rule... when people get good service they will tell 4 of thier best friends about it... when people get bad service they will tell the next 40 people they see about it.

Good performance needs feedback too. How else will they know what the Customer likes.

bubbapug1
01-10-2012, 10:28 PM
I've posted some very negative things about Turners in the recent past, mostly due to frustrations with the consuming PPT process and the reluctance of one of their managers to see to it that you can even get one done. However, when I went to pick up my last gun from a PPT at Orange I witnessed something which turned my opinion 180 degrees to the positive.

I myself was taken care of by an older gentleman about 45, maybe his name was Jeff, a very nice guy. he wore glasses. His demeanor was incredibly friendly, and he worked through the snags on the paperwork to get me out in about 25 minutes. His smile and enthusiasm itself was enough to warm my anti turner heart, but what I saw while I waited to get the gun was what really changed my opinion. Many of the clerks where dealing with clients wishing to purchase AR's, and the information being exchanged was top notch. I saw many clerks smiling, being proactive to engage people milling about, and generally more than helpful.

And than one guy showed up with a passport who wanted to buy a gun. He made a stink about how a passport was a valid state ID, etc, yet he also had no proof of residency, etc. He had lost his drivers license. He harangued the clerks, he wasted their time, and he also needed a darn bath or shower too, and his teeth cleaned, it was horrible...

And the clerks just dealt with him and although not overly friendly, they never showed him the door..which is what he needed to be shown. it made me think about the crap these guys must deal with when working with the general public...this was not your rifle gear calguns crowd, this was John Q Public at his worse...and suddenly the epiphany came to me. Turners is fine, I just have a problem with one guy, and I can see how trying it is to work at that counter when many bozos show up and waste your time.

I just wish they would clean up their PPT paperwork process a bit....

Tee Why
01-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Went today to the Pasadena store with my friend who was looking to buy her first pistol ever. Hector C. was able to help us and really was helpful and patient with her letting her try many guns over and over again to see which fit her hands the best.

She ended up ordering a CZ 75B and for kicks and giggles, I ordered a Taurus Raging Bull as well.

My friend even mentioned leaving the parking lot that Hector was really nice and helpful.

Thanks for the great service today.

beb1954
01-10-2012, 11:01 PM
I've posted some very negative things about Turners in the recent past, mostly due to frustrations with the consuming PPT process and the reluctance of one of their managers to see to it that you can even get one done. However, when I went to pick up my last gun from a PPT at Orange I witnessed something which turned my opinion 180 degrees to the positive.

I myself was taken care of by an older gentleman about 45, maybe his name was Jeff, a very nice guy. he wore glasses. His demeanor was incredibly friendly, and he worked through the snags on the paperwork to get me out in about 25 minutes. His smile and enthusiasm itself was enough to warm my anti turner heart, but what I saw while I waited to get the gun was what really changed my opinion. Many of the clerks where dealing with clients wishing to purchase AR's, and the information being exchanged was top notch. I saw many clerks smiling, being proactive to engage people milling about, and generally more than helpful.

And than one guy showed up with a passport who wanted to buy a gun. He made a stink about how a passport was a valid state ID, etc, yet he also had no proof of residency, etc. He had lost his drivers license. He harangued the clerks, he wasted their time, and he also needed a darn bath or shower too, and his teeth cleaned, it was horrible...

And the clerks just dealt with him and although not overly friendly, they never showed him the door..which is what he needed to be shown. it made me think about the crap these guys must deal with when working with the general public...this was not your rifle gear calguns crowd, this was John Q Public at his worse...and suddenly the epiphany came to me. Turners is fine, I just have a problem with one guy, and I can see how trying it is to work at that counter when many bozos show up and waste your time.

I just wish they would clean up their PPT paperwork process a bit....

No doubt the age of the gentleman/salesman and his proper upbringing or the fact that he even had one.(Yeah, I did.) also the geographical logistics of the store in question(Yup, I did again) and as far as the dreg that was in there bothering with the impossible attempt to purchase or should I say initiate a purchase of a firearm, very possibly a plant by store owner/magagement to test their own personel. Doubtful, yeah, I know it's a stretch, but possible never the less. Especially if recent incidents or ongoings at the store brought on something along those lines. That seemed a bit tooooo far out to really be something that just came along. At least I would have been suspicious of it and probably why I am taking the time to post about it.
My situation at Turners' R.C., first was with personell. I was standing in front of the salesman, AT THE CASE WITH RECEIPT IN HAND, while the youngster, meathead jock shot the chite with his clone. Not a bit of Turner's store business what so ever. The dept manager walked by not once but three times and it did't phase him or the kid.. Then the next one that did help me was rude, condescending, and, I believe, not making the situation that mine turned into any easier. I was there to p/u a Beretta after the DROS, and the one assigned by s/n to my paper was mechanically falulty. Don't remember now exactly what it was. Left and after 15 min. came back and told me the only one they had left was the one on display. Didn't really have a choice unless I wanted to redo paperwork and wait. Now why this paperwork could be 'manipulated' for the display gun and not one that would have to be waited on to be shipped in. Now I would hope that was from just another Turner's location. I took the display which I never like to do and left. Taking an oath to NEVER go back.
When I got home... not right away but after a few hours, I called about some pistols got around to the model I got and asked if they had any of those in house also.... Low and behold, they did,...had about 5 or 6 I was told. Now all of these places play games with the exception of the ones that I would feel I know for sure would not just as I believe all of you know in your hearts there are the ones that you frequent that would not ever play those sorts of games with their customers. I am willing to bet to that they are the independent shops and businesses that depend on the public to survive. Not some b.s. corporate regional manager that they have to suck up to once a month etc... blah blah...
My original comment about Turner's was based on all of what I just ran down. Now I imagine there are many of them that have a 45 y.o. salesman that is remembered for what they did or what they may have said. But what it all boils down to is it was becasue of "who they are, what they are". Mainly who they are and how they got there in the last 45 years...
The people that have made their + comments here about Turners' were made not because of Turner's but because of their interaction with one individual that was there, not Turners'. Now I probably will get flamed on this too, but it is what it is.. I said what I said but I did not intend to single out anyone inparticualar just stated what I think are obvious facts. I will add that there was a lot more going on in that Turner's that day that I didn't bother to mention but it was not a well mangaged store that day. Actually, it was not managed at all.

gr8dragon88
01-10-2012, 11:21 PM
why not? If there were 5 people in front of you with tickets, you'd have to wait just as long as if there were 5 people in front of you without tickets. Unless you like to jump the line and now you can't since everyone has a number?

I've no problem with waiting in line, just don't like to be treated like a number or someone who does not extend common courtesy to others and needs a number to know when it's his/her turn. This is also a common feedback from others who don't like the numbering system.

The Turner's I visited this last Black Friday had about 50+ people waited in line outside the store before it's opened. The managers came out and asked everyone if they were there to buy a firearm that was on Friday sale and handed them the sale slip. Once the store opened, there were two lines formed for people who wanted to buy firearms and those who didn't. There were no pushing/shoving, people getting maced or tazed even though there was NO numbering system.

I don't go to Turner's to browse, kill sometime or because my best friends work there, etc.. although many of them know me by name.

I know Turner's decided recently to put the numbering system in place due to the increased traffic at some stores. Many of these people are first time buyers who are not familiar with firearms or the process to purchase a firearm.

Maybe they should refuse service or not sell firearms to people who can't control themselves...

gr8dragon88
01-11-2012, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE
My situation at Turners' R.C., first was with personell. I was standing in front of the salesman, AT THE CASE WITH RECEIPT IN HAND, while the youngster, meathead jock shot the chite with his clone. Not a bit of Turner's store business what so ever. The dept manager walked by not once but three times and it did't phase him or the kid.. Then the next one that did help me was rude, condescending, and, I believe, not making the situation that mine turned into any easier. I was there to p/u a Beretta after the DROS, and the one assigned by s/n to my paper was mechanically falulty. Don't remember now exactly what it was. Left and after 15 min. came back and told me the only one they had left was the one on display. Didn't really have a choice unless I wanted to redo paperwork and wait. Now why this paperwork could be 'manipulated' for the display gun and not one that would have to be waited on to be shipped in. Now I would hope that was from just another Turner's location. I took the display which I never like to do and left. Taking an oath to NEVER go back.

My original comment about Turner's was based on all of what I just ran down. Now I imagine there are many of them that have a 45 y.o. salesman that is remembered for what they did or what they may have said. But what it all boils down to is it was becasue of "who they are, what they are". Mainly who they are and how they got there in the last 45 years...
The people that have made their + comments here about Turners' were made not because of Turner's but because of their interaction with one individual that was there, not Turners'. Now I probably will get flamed on this too, but it is what it is.. I said what I said but I did not intend to single out anyone inparticualar just stated what I think are obvious facts. I will add that there was a lot more going on in that Turner's that day that I didn't bother to mention but it was not a well mangaged store that day. Actually, it was not managed at all.[/QUOTE]

Check out question #25 and #26 on this FAQs list for how they should handle the return/exchange:

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs#25G

I completely agree that people make the difference which Turners' I chose to spend my money. Some of them treat customers like they are there to do people favors, not because they are getting pay by customers to do a job.

Great People + Good Process + Good Performance = Happy Repeat Customer

beb1954
01-11-2012, 1:03 AM
I just decided I wanted to qualify my comment is all. It had nothing to do with how others feel about the place or certain store/location.
As I stated, years ago..... the Chino DC was the place to be..
But I don't feel that there is any doubt, in my mind at least, that society as a whole, has changed that much in that short of time and the people with it. If you just put a little thought into that it should tell any level headed straight forward thinking individual what has caused a large part of that.
Bottom line, and there is no arguement to this, is that 'you are a product of your environment'. Period. It matters not what spin you try to put on that.

JNunez23
01-11-2012, 9:32 AM
I just wanted to second that! I love the Pasadena store and drive 20 miles out of my way to purchase whenever I can from them. They truly have been stepping their game in the 6 short months I have been a customer of theirs. Hector in particular is ALWAYS more than helpful and genuinely does care to help you make the right purchase. He is one of the few that actually has the knowledge and great cust. service skills to match.

Cheers,

JN

Went today to the Pasadena store with my friend who was looking to buy her first pistol ever. Hector C was able to help us and really was helpful and patient with her letting her try many guns over and over again to see which fit her hands the best.

She ended up ordering a CZ 75B and for kicks and giggles, I ordered a Taurus Raging Bull as well.

My friend even mentioned leaving the parking lot that Hector was really nice and helpful.

Thanks for the great service today.

Tee Why
01-11-2012, 2:56 PM
Yea, Hector had to look around to find me a S&W M&P with factory night sights. Supposedly the last one in the country. He is a good honest up front guy.
He told me personally he didn't think highly about the Taurus, and I respect him for his honestly instead of just being a yes man.

winnre
01-11-2012, 3:04 PM
I stop by San Bernardino Turner's when I am in the area just to see what may be new. All the employees are wonderful and friendly. I don't know what's in the water there but they are always smiling and VERY helpful.