PDA

View Full Version : Paper Work

ts
01-11-2007, 12:01 AM
What paper work should I carry around with me for my AK-47 and my Group Industries 4332 (UZI Carbine)? DOJ Doc's, laws about OLL's, etc. I also think that this should be a sticky once people provide the links to all the print outs we should have. Lets try to keep it under 10 pages guys;)

ts
01-11-2007, 7:02 AM
No I meant print outs of the law on OLL's. Regarding pistol grips, removable magazines, etc.

brighamr
01-11-2007, 7:14 AM
I know there are others, but will wait for the gurus to tell you what is worth carrying. I'm interested in the answer as well.

benny13603
01-11-2007, 8:22 AM
I would love to know too.

Lohse
01-11-2007, 10:47 AM
You don't need to carry around any paperwork for OLL's because they're completely legal. :)

ts
01-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes but we know the law better then most LEO's and I would rather just show them the print out and avoid the hassle of getting my gun confiscated and possibly arrested under false circumstances.

brighamr
01-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Yes but we know the law better then most LEO's and I would rather just show them the print out and avoid the hassle of getting my gun confiscated and possibly arrested under false circumstances.

+1 to that. It has happened too many times that a LEO doesn't believe what someone says. It might not have happened had that person showed the LEO some DOJ documentation and the AR/AK FAQ.

ecmckean
01-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Lots of things are legal and still provide things for LEOs to pick at and b1tch about.

"No officer. No bump in this dirt road is going to make my ought-6 bolt travel 4inches uphill, turn 45 degrees, and lock into place, simultaneously turning the safety off to allow the former. I don't care what they told you in game warden school."

Carry every shred of legalese you can find. In California you might need it copied in multiple languages.

ts
01-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Lets Get Some Links Form The Doj Site Goin Here! Tell Us What We Need!:d

ts
01-12-2007, 1:29 AM
important bump

ts
01-16-2007, 11:49 PM
uhh... guys, i think this could be a pretty big deal if someone got pulled over by an a-hole cop while they have a legally configured AR/AK/UZI what ever in their car.

taquito971
01-17-2007, 5:55 AM
Print out and save as much documentation that you want to carry out. No one is answering because there isn't an answer. Whatever documentation you used to convince yourself this was legal is the documentation you should bring. Or not, there is no legal requirment for it.

Brian

ts
01-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Well could someone link me to the DOJ site that has the laws about detachable magazines, evil features, and the listed named and such? I want a print out directly from the DOJ site and I can't find it.

Cpl. Haas
01-17-2007, 11:34 AM
This site has an AR/AK Memo posted on the home page that I have found very detailed and helpful. It even has a section titled "What Should I Look For As A Police Officer?". I printed a copy and had it bound so I can throw it into my case with the OLL I'm building. If I get questioned by a police officer, I can hand him/her the memo and say "Turn to page six, Officer." :D

Here's the link - http://www.calguns.net/copmemo2.pdf

ecmckean
01-17-2007, 1:09 PM
Here's the link - http://www.calguns.net/copmemo2.pdf

That's good reading even for non-AW firearm owners.