View Full Version : Thinking of getting a Jericho 941
I find myself having a attraction of buying a Jericho 941 .40 for my first handgun. What to you guys think about these. Not sure if I should be with a Baby eagle II or find a nice used 941.
Open to other suggestions as well. Who do you guys recommend o purchase from in Orange County?
07-31-2011, 7:25 PM
I bought my BE .40 in 95. No optional rail on it, just plain 'ole sights.
There are a few reasons why I like this gun.
1. It fits my hand. Top of the list in my requirements.
2. Ambidextrous safety.
3. Hammer decocks on safe.
4. Has a hammer. I'm old fashioned.
5. Can release the slide with my strong hand without stretching, twisting or straining. One handed operation.
6. Can fire from hammer-down. Round in the pipe? You're good to go from either hammer position.
7. Can fire with no mag in the well.
8. Mag will stay IN the well even if not fully seated, as long as it is within the last 1" of insertion. Pull away your hand to quickly? Mag no drop... just bang it the rest of the way in.
10. Polygonal barrel.
11. Metal frame and slide. Good recoil absorption.
12. Easy to take down. No tools required
13. Easy to clean.
Just a few reasons....
07-31-2011, 7:51 PM
Not on the roster, so you'd have to single shot exempt it, but if you're interested in a CZ75-based gun this deal from EAA is awfully hard to pass up (and 10-round CZ75 mags will fit it):
^^^ they also carry it in .45 w/ the same 22 lr adapter.
07-31-2011, 8:26 PM
Back in the day, during the Wonder 9's, the Jericho was the top of the line, made by the same company as the UZI, copied the BHP, SIG P210, as well as the 92FS.. and even shot two calibers...
What I find were they were too heavy compared to their competitors, I had FTF issues as well
08-01-2011, 3:10 PM
I have BE (not the 941), circa 1992. No decocker. Even with all the others I have, that one still fits me best, points best and is the most accurate. The 229 I have is a far far second in the accuracy dept.
They are good guns, all steel as well on the old ones. I would like to get a 45 actually.
08-01-2011, 3:25 PM
I love my Baby Eagle 9mm (w/ decocker) when I actually get to shoot it. My wife is always keeping it in her holster. Solid gun, feels amazing in the hand and very controllable recoil - highly recommend one!
08-01-2011, 4:00 PM
Get it if you can find one they are great guns. I myself have a Baby Eagle in a .45 and a EAA witness in a .40 but since they aren't on the roster you can always get the CZ 75b which is what they are based off of.
So a 941 is not on the roster, but a BE 2 is?
Anyone have the new BE 2 and a 941 that can give feed back on the two?
vBulletin® v3.8.9, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.