PDA

View Full Version : LCR vs Bodyguard - Which? Why? Thanks.

llamatrnr
07-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Title pretty much says it all . . .

jonnyt16
07-31-2011, 5:06 PM
Why not go to a range and rent them and see for yourself? I know Bullseye in San Rafael has the Bodyguard you can rent & shoot.

ArmyMedicMoose
07-31-2011, 5:08 PM
I like the LCR over the Bodyguard. The Bodyguard grip is just weird, But its a smith. you can never go wrong with a smith.

Joe
07-31-2011, 5:08 PM
LCR. The trigger feels nicer to me. I'm also not a huge fan of the placement of the cylinder release on the bodyguard.

llamatrnr
07-31-2011, 5:24 PM
Why not go to a range and rent them and see for yourself? I know Bullseye in San Rafael has the Bodyguard you can rent & shoot.

Never been to a range; don't want to break my streak :D Hoping for some pros and cons from some Calguns pros and cons ;)

I've owned several older Smiths, but reading, seeing very good things about the LCR, especially the trigger . . .

Otherwise, I'd do exactly as you suggested, and would advise others asking to do the same, thanks.

barrym66
07-31-2011, 5:32 PM
LCR. The trigger feels nicer to me. I'm also not a huge fan of the placement of the cylinder release on the bodyguard.

This on both counts. I intro'd my wife's friend to shooting on my LCR, in prep for her Nevada CCW. She later bought a Bodyguard 38, and we shot them both, side to side, at the qualifying range. I could feel a distinct difference in triggers, preferring the LCR, and thought the location of the LCR's cylinder release was easier to use and more natural in location (if you grew up shooting SW revolvers, the release would be wrong for you as well).

paul0660
07-31-2011, 5:38 PM
I will concede that, according to some, the LCR trigger is nice and the cylinder release better. Neither feature would be impossible to replicate in another model.

Still, it's the answer to a question not asked..........the need for a plastic revolver that does not weigh less than the competition. I don't think they will be making them in twenty years.

barrym66
07-31-2011, 5:43 PM
I will concede that, according to some, the LCR trigger is nice and the cylinder release better. Neither feature would be impossible to replicate in another model.

Still, it's the answer to a question not asked..........the need for a plastic revolver that does not weigh less than the competition. I don't think they will be making them in twenty years.

Not arguing one way or the other - both are fine choices.

I bought the LCR because it was cheaper, and before I shot either one (I know, I know). But I will add that I would not want EITHER gun any lighter, as the recoil in both is pretty stout with +P SD ammo. ;)

paul0660
07-31-2011, 5:50 PM
as the recoil in both is pretty stout with +P SD ammo.

LOL stout...........understatement. Jerry's got a video around that I cannot find but the picture here of him holding a snubby helped me a lot:

http://www.shootingusa.com/PRO_TIPS/MICULEK2/miculek2.html

llamatrnr
07-31-2011, 5:51 PM
Thanks, guys, keep those cards and letters coming in!

Recoil not a concern, more a matter of ergonomics for pocket carry/draw.

barrym66
07-31-2011, 6:04 PM
Thanks, guys, keep those cards and letters coming in!

Recoil not a concern, more a matter of ergonomics for pocket carry/draw.

Shoot one before you dismiss the recoil impulse of a featherweight snubbie. :D

Both are about the same size.

I carry the LCR in a pocket holster or a Galco ankle holster, depending on the day's clothing. Drawing from the pocket takes practice but can be faster than other deep concealment methods if you have big pockets.

I actually find my other CCW guns (G23 and G27) easier to conceal, as any revolver is noticeably wider. That tends to prevent waistband carry for me. :o