PDA

View Full Version : I hate pistols....... -_-

CK_32
07-31-2011, 9:08 AM
So at the range again and I was messing around with the 17 due to memaking up my mind. I'm planning on going this weekend to get one when I have time.

So anyways I got over the 17 and asked for the 92fs the gun I hated to all he'll..... We put a tennis ball up there and I just cocked the hammer back and got rid of that long first pull and I must say I kinda sorta LOVE the 92s trigger (if you skip the first pull) it made me realize how disgusting the flocks trigger was hahahaha

I'm still going to get the glock and stick with my pick. But dam it why is it everytime I try another gun I fall in love with it as soon as I make up my mind with another one!!!!!!

Just figured I'd share I don't hate the 92 trigger after all as much as I thought I did. And the more I shoot the glock the more I feel that stupid bump.... Why does glock have that thing on the grip?!?!? I don't know a single person who likes that.

PandaLuv
07-31-2011, 9:13 AM
bump?
please explain cause I shot glock17 plenty of times and it shoots just fine.

btw, did you see my thread? I got the gen 4 :D

CK_32
07-31-2011, 9:18 AM
bump?
please explain cause I shot glock17 plenty of times and it shoots just fine.

btw, did you see my thread? I got the gen 4 :D

That dam hump on the pistol grip on the bottom. And to be honest my groups lack compared to the kimber in 45 and the 92fs... I still love it but its not a match gun out of the box I can say that....

And you might be like me and not felt it because your had is off to the right with it. When you put it into your palm pocket and centered in the web of your thumb and index you will feel it. It's awkward.

And what no I didn't link me!! And we should meet at a range soon I want to try it!

I gave up on the gen4 too much fees for a couple extra features.

PandaLuv
07-31-2011, 9:25 AM
That dam hump on the pistol grip on the bottom. And to be honest my groups lack compared to the kimber in 45 and the 92fs... I still love it but its not a match gun out of the box I can say that....

And you might be like me and not felt it because your had is off to the right with it. When you put it into your palm pocket and centered in the web of your thumb and index you will feel it. It's awkward.

And what no I didn't link me!! And we should meet at a range soon I want to try it!

I gave up on the gen4 too much fees for a couple extra features.

It ain't a competition gun, but it's pretty darn accurate.

It's weird that I never felt that, Glock is just one of those pistols that fits me perfectly.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=460663

Picking it up in 10 days from today :TFH:
Bro, I would take you shooting but you live in So Cal.

Also, Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas charged the same amount as any shop would charge for a gen3. You just have to look around more.

trob
07-31-2011, 9:29 AM
I shoot my glock extremely well and like the grip...never had any problems...:confused:

CK_32
07-31-2011, 9:37 AM
It ain't a competition gun, but it's pretty darn accurate.

It's weird that I never felt that, Glock is just one of those pistols that fits me perfectly.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=460663

Picking it up in 10 days from today :TFH:
Bro, I would take you shooting but you live in So Cal.

Also, Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas charged the same amount as any shop would charge for a gen3. You just have to look around more.

Whats the price OTD? Cheapest ive found was $599 shipped to FFL and like $680 OTD.

A gen3 is about $560 OTD. night sites is $650.

I shoot my glock extremely well and like the grip...never had any problems...:confused:

See I cant seem to group that amazing... There was a LEO who shot like 2" groups all in the head of like 30 rounds at 15 yards with a SR9 I think.... Im always seem to get a ton of flyers and get about a 4" group at 15 yards. And I always seem to shoot just left.

PandaLuv
07-31-2011, 9:49 AM
It was 650 OTD for me.

I live in East Bay and everyone here wants 575 for a gen 3. It's bs, I hate local stores

MossbergMan
07-31-2011, 9:59 AM
Trigger Control.....

Sights are great and should be indeed looked at to predict our shot placement, but if you can't control the trigger all hope is lost for a good shot.
You see so much emphasis is put on sight alignment the brain just doesn't have enough room left to think about the trigger too.
"See what you need to see" and press the trigger like you're trying to balance a dime on it. Don't obsess on the front sight, obsess on your trigger movement and watch your groups shrink.
Laser devices work well to learn trigger control in DRY PRACTICE. Keep the dot from moving while pressing your trigger and when you live fire at the range pretend your laser dot is on top of your front sight and work the trigger the same way.
Revolver shooting can also help trigger control. If you can master the revolver ANY semi-auto is a piece of cake. You do not need a light trigger pull to get great groups, you need a smooth trigger.

CK_32
07-31-2011, 10:08 AM
It was 650 OTD for me.

I live in East Bay and everyone here wants 575 for a gen 3. It's bs, I hate local stores

Yea same here in some shops. I'm not paying more than $499 for one tho.

Trigger Control.....

Sights are great and should be indeed looked at to predict our shot placement, but if you can't control the trigger all hope is lost for a good shot.
You see so much emphasis is put on sight alignment the brain just doesn't have enough room left to think about the trigger too.
"See what you need to see" and press the trigger like you're trying to balance a dime on it. Don't obsess on the front sight, obsess on your trigger movement and watch your groups shrink.
Laser devices work well to learn trigger control in DRY PRACTICE. Keep the dot from moving while pressing your trigger and when you live fire at the range pretend your laser dot is on top of your front sight and work the trigger the same way.
Revolver shooting can also help trigger control. If you can master the revolver ANY semi-auto is a piece of cake. You do not need a light trigger pull to get great groups, you need a smooth trigger.

I did notice when I started to dry fire 3 or 4 times everytime before I put round down my groups did shrink and at first I did have a HUGE push flinch. I feel it's gotten better but I still swear I'm dead center and one flys way high left... Same trigger pull same site spot.. I am so confidant but some flyers I swear was a perfect pull and I focus a ton on slow smooth trigger pull. But those flyers still keep coming. With the 92 it was a lot less often tho. And the kimber... Well it's a kimber haha

JanG
07-31-2011, 10:53 AM
have you tried the m&p's? i was set on getting a glock 21sf until i held a friend's m&p40. now i have the 45acp version. :D

Freq18Hz
07-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Another glock fan boy growing up and seeing them for what they are.

Try shooting a Sig, 1911, or a smith and wesson revolver, then you'll forget about the Beretta.

-Freq

jonzer77
07-31-2011, 11:31 AM
There is only one solution but it's not easy. You just have to buy them all :)

zfields
07-31-2011, 11:33 AM
If your trying not to fall in love with another gun before you buy your glock...

DONT GO SHOOT A CZ.

ChrisTKHarris
07-31-2011, 11:39 AM
If you don't like the palm swell of the of the Gen3 then you should get a Gen4 and run it without any backstraps.

GuillermoAntonio
07-31-2011, 1:55 PM
If your trying not to fall in love with another gun before you buy your glock...

DONT GO SHOOT A CZ.

+1

Yeah Im the exact opposite, my first gun was a CZ-75 Sp-01 and I keep trying to like other guns but I cant, the SP-01 is soo much a better shooter and feels great in the hand too.
Maybe you guys should just try and get one of those, that way your search (at least justified) will be over.

Dhena81
07-31-2011, 2:00 PM
Try these out if you don't like the swell seem promising.

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/8_Grip+Enhancer/7979_Grip+Enhancement+System/

Maddog5150
07-31-2011, 2:03 PM
On the glock did you feel for trigger reset or just let the trigger all the way out like a noob :D
With letting out to only trigger reset, to me the glock is way more crisp and clean than a 92fs and is more crisp than some lesser 1911 brands.

RMTactical
07-31-2011, 5:20 PM
I love pistols and I love my Glock 17.

Get3CoffinsReady
07-31-2011, 7:21 PM
I didn't care for the grip on the Glocks either, but I ended up choosing the 17 over the M&P and the grip grew on me and I like it. My glock was pretty damn accurate out of the box. You need to work on trigger control like the above comments suggested.

darmog
07-31-2011, 7:29 PM

DONT GO SHOOT A CZ.
+2

Just put a CZ P01 in jail today after shooting a rental last week. The ergos and shooting capability of the gun made me totally forget about my XDM. That's what I get for trying out new things at the range. :D:D

CK_32
07-31-2011, 8:32 PM
I thunk czs are the ugliest gun ever!

zfields
07-31-2011, 8:43 PM

Only a glock fan would think something like that.

CK_32
07-31-2011, 8:46 PM

Only a glock fan would think something like that.

Hahaha no i love just about every other guns look accept the CZ. Love 1911's love 92's love glocks... love wheel guns... CZ's... Not so much sorry

zfields
07-31-2011, 8:49 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DUWY2sBVat0/TV7_cCfsVII/AAAAAAAAAHU/AHnJ1NY_pb4/DSC00370.JPG

Whats not to love about that? (besides that its in my desk drawer)

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/D11/58/58053.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/CZ_75_SP-01_front_side_view.jpg/220px-CZ_75_SP-01_front_side_view.jpg

http://www.operatorchan.org/k/arch/src/k206301_CZ75-3.jpg

PandaLuv
07-31-2011, 8:51 PM

A lot people think that flocks are ugly too. So shhh.... Lol

ElvenSoul
07-31-2011, 8:58 PM
Put a CZ in your hand....then you will have CZ Disease!

generalpetres
07-31-2011, 9:00 PM
if you don't like the first pull on the 92fs you can always send your pistol to bill Springfield and have him adjust it.
Bill's website (http://www.triggerwork.net/pistols.html)

he can also work on glock triggers as well, hope this doesn't make you change your mind.

JanG
07-31-2011, 9:14 PM
cz looks good, feels good, but i don't like how small the serrations are.

zfields
07-31-2011, 9:17 PM
cz looks good, feels good, but i don't like how small the serrations are.

Thats why I grip taped my slide : )

M9A1
07-31-2011, 9:46 PM
Fixed it for u I thunk Glocks are the ugliest gun ever!

locosway
07-31-2011, 9:51 PM
Glocks shoot fine. If you can't get a good group with a Glock then you're lacking trigger discipline and follow through most likely. A SA trigger is obviously better for target shooting, but a DA/DAO can work just fine if you train properly to use it.

speedshot143
07-31-2011, 9:53 PM
I agree never liked hinged trigger, 1911 trigger is smoother.

InGrAM
07-31-2011, 10:49 PM
The same thing happens to me all the time. I find things I like in every pistol I handle (usually). I went threw a Beretta, Cz, Taurus, Sig(still on that) H&K, and S&W Fad, I finally decided on S&W pistols. I am pretty sure I have found my brand :D.

CK_32
07-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Hahaha man talk about glock fan boys..... looks like CZ is the new cool kid on the block with a nice fan club.

ZX-10R
08-01-2011, 4:49 AM
have you tried the m&p's? i was set on getting a glock 21sf until i held a friend's m&p40. now i have the 45acp version. :D

Yeah try M&P...I tried the Crock and hated it. I too have a M&P 45. It is my travel gun when I go up and down CA. That is how much I hold it in esteem. Berettas are sweet as well. I have a Colt 1911 in jail that finally came in and after that I am getting a Beretta M9A1. I prefer hammers than strikers though.

Oceanbob
08-01-2011, 8:03 AM
I have several 1911s, Berettas, EAA witness in .40, Browning Hi-Power and several Glocks. (among others)

Glocks are my choice. Not pretty, but the standard grip works for me.

If I couldn't have GLOCK then the Browning Hi-Power would be it.

After that the 1911s (a Jim Hoag piece).

Funny, how back in the 70s and early 80s the custom 1911 was king.

(and I spend serious cash on those platforms)

I do like the feel of the CZ however, I am just not liking an all metal gun that has finish issues. (some range guns I've seen have serious ugly wear issues on the paint or coating on the frame).

JMO...and happy to be a multiple gun owner, shooter, collector and reloader.

Bob

triplestack3
08-01-2011, 8:29 AM
I think they're all good. :beatdeadhorse5:

Wait until you try a 1911 though

CK_32
08-01-2011, 8:52 AM
I think they're all good. :beatdeadhorse5:

Wait until you try a 1911 though

I havestated several times I've tried a 1911 and love it.

CK_32
08-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Also Im a fan boy because I love glocks.. Not because thats all I've shot and dont know any better... Im also a 1911 fan boy and yet still love the m9 and XD but my favorite hand guns as of right now is the 1911 and the glock. So keep drinkin that hateraid haha thats my choices.