PDA

View Full Version : Iggy at Chabot?

oaklander
01-10-2007, 2:47 PM
BW mentioned in another threat that Iggy Chin was shooting at Chabot on Jan. 5. What does Iggy look like?

CSACANNONEER
01-10-2007, 2:50 PM
Are there any benches left?

proraptor
01-10-2007, 2:51 PM
I also heard this....I want the story!!!!

oaklander
01-10-2007, 2:55 PM
I want to see Iggy get yelled at by the Chabot rangemaster!

dfletcher
01-10-2007, 3:20 PM
Along with the other thread, my "Iggy Interest" has been peaked. My computer is giving me Adobe fits & I can't open some items, can someone please fill me in on Iggy? If he's a poor sort, include a decription so I can plant myself next to him @ Chabot & fire off a few 375 H & H rounds from my Encore handgun - yes, it has a brake for those extra special sound effects.
Thanks

SemiAutoSam
01-10-2007, 3:27 PM
Iggy in a earlier incarnation. There are a few here that have IGGY as their avatar.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/IgnatiusChinn2.jpg

The Startrek people even named a spaceship after him shown below.
http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/galexploration_ignatius.jpg

shark92651
01-10-2007, 3:32 PM
What does Iggy look like?

He sort of looks like Ziggy, only more Asian.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/9/9c/200px-Ziggy-cartoon.jpg

kap
01-10-2007, 3:37 PM
BW mentioned in another threat that Iggy Chin was shooting at Chabot on Jan. 5. What does Iggy look like?
Here.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/kasudyo/Iggy/Ig-2pics.jpg
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/8044/iggyakrp8.th.jpg (http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iggyakrp8.jpg)

oaklander
01-10-2007, 3:38 PM
Thanks guys for ths pics.

:)

moulton
01-10-2007, 3:43 PM
I have been out of the "loop" for a while....what did he do?:confused:

ketec_owner
01-10-2007, 3:46 PM
Without hair - he looks kinda like ... me? Ok - when you see me at the range - don't give me a hard time...

762cavalier
01-10-2007, 3:51 PM
Well If you don't know what he looks like just look for the shooting bench that has been ventilated;)

Matt C
01-10-2007, 3:53 PM
If I had a range I would ban him. He has proven himself unable to handle firearms in the past, and is "alleged" to have commited felonies (perjury).

NoTime2Shoot
01-10-2007, 3:59 PM
I want to see Iggy get yelled at by the Chabot rangemaster!

:D I love watching Curtis yell at people. As long as it's not me. :eek:

50 Freak
01-10-2007, 4:03 PM
I love watching Curtis yell at people. As long as it's not me.

I don't know if it was Curtis that yelled at me, but frankly that is why I have not gone to Chabot for over 5 years now, despite the fact they are the closest range to me.

I don't think "yelling" at people is an appropriate thing period.

thedrickel
01-10-2007, 4:53 PM
Curt is a real nice guy. All I get from him is drool on my guns. He also told me Iggy had been there on the morning of the 5th, with his son. At Chabot, if they are yelling at you, you probably deserve it.

50 Freak
01-10-2007, 5:10 PM
At Chabot, if they are yelling at you, you probably deserve it.

That's a bunch of crap....

First time to Chabot, I wanted to shoot my 50. Called them before showing up on a Sat. Asked if they allowed 50BMG...."no problem...come down"...

Asked again at the office when I paid for my fees. "Do you allow 50bmgs"....."no problem" was the response.

Went to the range, lit off two rounds when some A-hole comes running down and chews me out a new one for shooting a 50.....Told him I called first and checked at the desk and both said 50's were okay....They are okay to shoot "but only on Mondays".

How the hell was I supposed to know that? It's not posted at their office nor did anyone tell me.

Either way, screw that, packed my stuff and went home.

E Pluribus Unum
01-10-2007, 5:45 PM
Here.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/8044/iggyakrp8.th.jpg[/URL]

Look what happened to the camera man.... does Iggy accidently shoot something every time he touchs a firearm?

I would not want to be anywhere around that man when he has a gun.

Iggy is more dangerous than my flash suppressor would ever be!

50 Freak
01-10-2007, 6:33 PM
Hey I touch things on the table sometimes too and I've been shooting and collecting for over 20 years. Now that I wouldn't have a problem with.

If you read my story above, you see that the "yelling" that I received was not called for nor was it appreciated ....And to tell you the truth, yelling at people at a gun range is not too smart in my book. Good way to make into into the Darwin awards.

Beatone
01-10-2007, 6:53 PM
I just missed the Iggster on Friday Dec 29. Chabot rangemaster and I had a good laugh about it. Seams he tends to show up on Friday mornings. :D

xrMike
01-10-2007, 7:30 PM
Hey I touch things on the table sometimes too and I've been shooting and collecting for over 20 years. Now that I wouldn't have a problem with.Well I definitely have a problem with it if anybody gets anywhere near their bench during a cease-fire, with people down range. Never been to Chabot so I don't know how they run things, but at Laguna Seca there's a red line set back 4 feet from the benches, and nobody is allowed to step over that line during a cease fire. Step over the line, you get warned about it, and deservedly so. It's a good policy. I did it myself once when starting out, and got warned about it (not yelled at, but she was definitely annoyed!) over the loudspeaker. :o All it took was one time.

As for your getting yelled at for the 50cal thing, well that definitely wasn't right. You didn't deserve that.

Ratters
01-10-2007, 9:04 PM
I've been yelled at a couple times at Chabot, but they were all for me doing stupid things and I deserved them.

Now at USI, they have a truly bad attitude. I don't mind taking ownership for my screwups, but when some guy is yelling at you to stop shooting in a very surly manner because you are shooting an AK and he wants to check your ammo (Wolf copper jacket) and insists it must be steel jacket even though his magnet doesn't stick, till I dig out a box for him, and still getting attitude, I left never to return.

Curtis is OK in my book. Though he tends to yell at my girlfriend a lot for silly things like taking pictures of me while shooting.

thmpr
01-10-2007, 9:13 PM
I enjoy shooting at the Chabot range. When I need to retrieve something from the table, I normally ask for permission and have no issues getting a "Yes".

But for the 50 cal issue, that was definitely uncalled for!!!

M. Sage
01-10-2007, 9:27 PM
I've been yelled at a couple times at Chabot, but they were all for me doing stupid things and I deserved them.

Now at USI, they have a truly bad attitude. I don't mind taking ownership for my screwups, but when some guy is yelling at you to stop shooting in a very surly manner because you are shooting an AK and he wants to check your ammo (Wolf copper jacket) and insists it must be steel jacket even though his magnet doesn't stick, till I dig out a box for him, and still getting attitude, I left never to return.

Curtis is OK in my book. Though he tends to yell at my girlfriend a lot for silly things like taking pictures of me while shooting.

Never had any real problems at Chabot. Their "yell" isn't rude or anything, it's just "Stay away from the benches!" if you cross the line during a cease-fire,m or whatever you've done that was an "oops". And they don't hold it against you, correct it and everything is good. The most common stuff is people stopping at benches, or going to benches during cease-fire, and I heard ONE "muzzle!" yell. Either way, I'd rather hear it over the loudspeaker than any other way.

The range is anal about the angle you take pics from. Can't show anybody outside your group, and no wide shots allowed. Apparently, someone ran a very untrue and libellous article about the range in a newspaper (prolly the Chronicle, they're not over-burdened with scruples or truth...) or something a while back. The range SHOULD have sued, but it's way before my time in CA.

I think Curtis is cool. I think it's amusing (and maybe somewhat disturbing) when he shows people the right way to clear their rifle. I've seen him catch missed rounds on his checks! One was a guy's lever-action.. the guy missed one in the tube, Curtis showed him his mistake and was totally cool about it, no yelling or anything.

He really seems to love the FALs.

whatever
01-10-2007, 9:41 PM

He did the same with me except that he insisted I remove the camera from their premesis and put it in my car. He was a real hard *** about it too. I said I'll just put it away in my range bag but he said that wasn't good enough and take it to the car.

He also said no video cameras are ever allowed. If the camera has a video capability it's not allowed at the range. I said what about cell phones? They have video capability. He said no phones either, nothing with video is allowed ever.

dwtt
01-10-2007, 10:17 PM
The range is anal about the angle you take pics from. Can't show anybody outside your group, and no wide shots allowed. Apparently, someone ran a very untrue and libellous article about the range in a newspaper (prolly the Chronicle, they're not over-burdened with scruples or truth...) or something a while back. The range SHOULD have sued, but it's way before my time in CA.

The range folks at Chabot are shooters and gun owners just like us, but unlike us, they have to run a safe range. I don't think they are being unreasonable. As for the filming restrictions, they didn't have such a rule years ago. There was an antigun group that came up to the range and took pictures and filmed the boy scouts when they were shooting in range 5. The slimebags photoshopped the bulls eye targets out and put in human silhouets (bad spelling, sorry Ohsmily) and then claimed the range was training little kids to kill people. That was how the filming rule came about. At least that was what I heard.

FNC80
01-10-2007, 10:20 PM
i 2nd that. i see all this stuff about iggy this, iggy that. why is this person so hated? cut the crap we want details!

Dunno. Seems like everyone's next door neighbor. Is that his name or an acronym?

medic707
01-10-2007, 11:07 PM
i 2nd that. i see all this stuff about iggy this, iggy that. why is this person so hated? cut the crap we want details!

do a search here .... or at the DOJ's website :)

sierratangofoxtrotunion
01-11-2007, 8:42 AM
If you did a search, you'll probably find the word "Iggy" used as often as "Bill" or "Gene."

E Pluribus Unum
01-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Dunno. Seems like everyone's next door neighbor. Is that his name or an acronym?

Ignatius chin-CA DOJ "firearms expert"

He is just incompetant. He has made several mistakes and put the DOJ in a precarious position because due to his approval letters and actions they will have trouble enforcing the law. He should not be hated, he should be praised because his idiocy has helped us greatly. He has a personal agenda to get our guns.

He was involved in a mishap where he accidently shot his desk at the DOJ.

bwiese
01-11-2007, 11:37 AM

No, it apparently wasn't at the DOJ. It was down in SoCal, it seems it was at a Sheriff's/PD armory or range.

FNC80
01-11-2007, 11:44 AM

He is just incompetant. He has made several mistakes and put the DOJ in a precarious position because due to his approval letters and actions they will have trouble enforcing the law. He should not be hated, he should be praised because his idiocy has helped us greatly. He has a personal agenda to get our guns.

Wow...if he really did shoot his desk, that is unfortunate. Hate to see anything happen like that to anyone. Why refer to him as Iggy if his name is Ignatius?

SemiAutoSam
01-11-2007, 11:50 AM
IGGY is his Calguns.net given nickname or IC just as Alison Merrilees is sometimes referred to as AM. Bill has the shortened BW I have the shortened name of SAS.

The world revolves around abbreviations. Besides who can remember how to spell Ignatius.

Here is a Google link that helps find info on the Iggster.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2006-04%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=Ignatius+chinn+

Here is a video that shows Iggy that is a lot more recent than the pics I posted earlier in the thread.
http://cbs5.com/30minutes/local_story_174230249.html

Wow...if he really did shoot his desk, that is unfortunate. Hate to see anything happen like that to anyone. Why refer to him as Iggy if his name is Ignatius?

ivanimal
01-11-2007, 11:52 AM

Had you been wearing clothes it might have been different.:p

fairfaxjim
01-11-2007, 12:03 PM
He's an enforecment agent at the CA DOJ Firearms Division. His name is Ignatius Chin, calguns.net codenaem "Iggy". He is a very zealous enforcer of the CA AW laws, mostly as interpreted by himself. Reno gun shows are a particular favorite enforcement arena for him, he has even present papers and talks about the Gun Show AW menace to other LEO professional organizations. He also has a reputation of being somewhat of a "Keystone Cop". He seems to talk first and think a bit later. His actions and statements that have fallen into calguns.net urban legend tend to reinforce that. Google around on him and you will see him being the "serious" righter of wrong, not always in his agencies best interest. Search out his letter to the court in the Hunt v. CA case, on here or on calgunlaws.com for a taste of his ramblings.

thedrickel
01-11-2007, 12:10 PM

The real reason you see "Igggggggy" instead of his real name was to get around the word filters which were put in place by the previous admin, which filtered out even "Iggy" with two g's. Filters are gone but the nickname stuck.

NoTime2Shoot
01-11-2007, 12:12 PM

BAH! You beat me to the snide comment! She also gets reprimanded when someone else shoots out the target holder.

I like the safety factor at Chabot. I will not go to the range on Davis anymore.

50, you didn't deserve to get yelled at for that misunderstanding. The folks there probably should have been more clear when you called.

E Pluribus Unum
01-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Why refer to him as Iggy if his name is Ignatius?

This is just a guess but I bet on BW's birth certificate says "William Weise". Why do we call him BW? Should it not be WW? If he has a son is his name WW2?

I can understand Iggy from Ignatius more than I can understand William to Bill; or Robert to Bob; or Fransisco to Pancho et cetera.

ivanimal
01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
:rolleyes: I get a kick out of it when people who know better get dinged, Curtis can be talking to you like a brother one minute and no rapid firin ya the next, it cracks me up as long as it is not me,:cool:

FNC80
01-11-2007, 1:26 PM
This is just a guess but I bet on BW's birth certificate says "William Weise". Why do we call him BW?

I can understand Iggy from Ignatius more than I can understand William to Bill; or Robert to Bob; or Fransisco to Pancho et cetera.

I can see Bill from William, since he refers to himself as Bill, but I haven't read where Ignatius referred to himself as Iggy.

Just curious.

FNC80
01-11-2007, 1:27 PM
The real reason you see "Igggggggy" instead of his real name was to get around the word filters which were put in place by the previous admin, which filtered out even "Iggy" with two g's. Filters are gone but the nickname stuck.

Why were the filters put in place by the previous administrators?

chickenfried
01-11-2007, 4:39 PM
Those were the dark days of heavy calguns' moderation :p . You couldn't even say "chin up". The one I really don't understand Dick from Richard.

E Pluribus Unum
01-11-2007, 6:32 PM
I can see Bill from William, since he refers to himself as Bill, but I haven't read where Ignatius referred to himself as Iggy.

Just curious.

Bill reffers to himself as that because everyone else did. My name is Christophor; my parents hated me being called Chris as that was not my name. When I was younger I wanted to be called Christophor. Everyone just calls me Chris; I gave up the fight many years ago. I suppose the same would be true if my name were William; everyone would just call me Bill and after a while I would give up and just go by Bill.

csarel
01-11-2007, 6:56 PM

Just curious.

Hey Iggy! Is that you? Lot of questions there!
Just Kidding!:p

heyjak
01-11-2007, 7:03 PM

What he means is: if SHE had NOT been wearing clothes, it would have been different! J.K.!:D

ketec_owner
01-11-2007, 7:40 PM
What he means is: if SHE had NOT been wearing clothes, it would have been different! J.K.!:D

Man - I need to go to that range!

Ratters
01-11-2007, 8:25 PM

Hey, when she asks me to get naked, I get naked. OK?

;)

Ratters
01-11-2007, 8:26 PM
BAH! You beat me to the snide comment! She also gets reprimanded when someone else shoots out the target holder.

Yeah, she's still pissed about that one. Well, we'll see if she gets yelled at this Saturday. :)

FNC80
01-11-2007, 9:08 PM
Hey Iggy! Is that you? Lot of questions there!
Just Kidding!:p

Your tinfoil hat is a little tight today ;)

Kestryll
01-11-2007, 9:11 PM
Why were the filters put in place by the previous administrators?

Iggy is a relatively common abbreviation of Ignatius and an easier name to type. Many people have their names shortened by others even if they don't do it themselves, it's a function of our inherent laziness as a species.

The names Iggy, Ignatius, Allison and Merriles were placed in the word filter early last year when a few people got caught up in the enthusiasm of the 'fight' with the DOJ and started posting personal information about these two people. Unfortunately some of the info was well beyond the realm of necessity and may well have caused problems for the previous Admin. So to prevent problems the names were placed on the word filter list and discussion of these two was limited.

Given the concerns and issues the previous Admin was facing in real life, as opposed to on the board here, his desire to not instigate anything with the DOJ was entirely understandable.

FNC80
01-11-2007, 9:16 PM
The names Iggy, Ignatius, Allison and Merriles were placed in the word filter early last year when a few people got caught up in the enthusiasm of the 'fight' with the DOJ and started posting personal information about these two people. Unfortunately some of the info was well beyond the realm of necessity and may well have caused problems for the previous Admin.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.