PDA

View Full Version : h/k usp expert night sight install

smirnus3000
07-30-2011, 10:19 PM
So i just traded my 1911 w/ night sights for a usp expert. The pistol is still in jail and now like most of us I'm waiting my 10 days, and buying stuff for a gun I haven't even shot yet. After playing with it a little in the shop i decided I liked night sight better. So I ordered some up. Now has anyone in here installed meprolights on a usp, if so how hard was it? My gun shop only want $25 to do it. I'm thinking of dropping them off so it can be ready when my 10 days is up. Or should I man up and do it myself?

CA Gun Laws Suck
07-31-2011, 7:30 PM
You need a sight pusher to do it right. I would let your dealer handle it and get ready to shoot your new HK!

huang
08-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Please post your results. I have the same thing in gun jail, getting rid of that tall front sight will make holster selection much easier.

smirnus3000
08-06-2011, 2:58 PM
Please post your results. I have the same thing in gun jail, getting rid of that tall front sight will make holster selection much easier.

I ordered the adjustable for the full size USP. Meprolight called hk for me and they said none would fit. There is a USP expert for sale in the marketplace with them on take a look at that. I got mine from optics planet w/ free shipping no tax and 5% off $119 to my door. I'll post up some pics Tuesday night for you as long as my local gunshop gets them on.

adrenaline
08-06-2011, 3:04 PM
Congrats you guys. You are going to love them USPs. :D

smirnus3000
08-06-2011, 5:36 PM
Congrats you guys. You are going to love them USPs. :D

Only 2 days left to get mine out of jail. I can't wait. Why does 10 days feel like it takes do long?

huang
08-08-2011, 8:41 PM
I picked mine up today, if fact it is in the oven right now allowing frog lube to soak in. I thought about night sights, too what exactly is the purpose of that massive front sight blade on the stock gun. If you are in San Diego Turners has night sights in stock, I don't know the price off hand.

Ric