PDA

View Full Version : Rant - UPDATED

Donny1
07-30-2011, 7:13 PM
Ok, so I always look at the weekly ads and the Wednesday specials as I am signed up fo the email blasts. I have always had issues with the online flyers being difficult to read. Flash or regular the fine print is hard to read even when you zoom in. So I didn't notice the Remington .38 spl on sale was only at the Torrance store. I went to the Rancho store, looked at some guns and talked for a while. I asked on of the guys if "this" (what I had in my hand) was the ammo on sale and he said yes. When I got to the checkout she said it was only at the Torrance store and there was nothing they could do, even though they will have that price on Monday. They were unbending and I walked out, leaving $50-$60 worth of other merchandise on the counter as well. I went a couple of miles to Ammobros and spent $100. Their loss.

I was only upset because that item is what I drove 20 miles to get. Every time I give them another chance to do the right thing, they dont.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-02-2011, 5:14 PM
Ok, so I always look at the weekly ads and the Wednesday specials as I am signed up fo the email blasts. I have always had issues with the online flyers being difficult to read. Flash or regular the fine print is hard to read even when you zoom in. So I didn't notice the Remington .38 spl on sale was only at the Torrance store. I went to the Rancho store, looked at some guns and talked for a while. I asked on of the guys if "this" (what I had in my hand) was the ammo on sale and he said yes. When I got to the checkout she said it was only at the Torrance store and there was nothing they could do, even though they will have that price on Monday. They were unbending and I walked out, leaving $50-$60 worth of other merchandise on the counter as well. I went a couple of miles to Ammobros and spent $100. Their loss.

I was only upset because that item is what I drove 20 miles to get. Every time I give them another chance to do the right thing, they dont.

We talked this over with the store manager and we're all on the same page about easily this could have been handled.

PM sent.

Donny1
08-14-2011, 4:05 PM
Update:

I want to let everyone know that Turners has shown great character in their actions to rectify the situation that happened recently. And I might further add that doing so in a private and discreet manner show a true willingness to change the way problems are dealt with. I was somewhat suspicious of their motives in coming here in the beginning but they could have used this situation to appear publicly doing the right thing to gain support, instead they chose to make sure I was ok with the outcome with no perceived gain except my satisfaction.

As to the outcome I will only say that Turners did the right thing.

A special thanks as well to the manager of the Ranch store, Carol. Her professionalism and firearms knowledge was impressive.