View Full Version : Info on Leupold Mark 4 1-3x14mm CQ/T?

01-10-2007, 10:00 AM

My brother stumbled onto this scope and is thinking about getting it for his first AR he's currently building. It'll be a flat top M4 style, he wants a red dot with at least some level of magnification. Any input on this particular scope, or is there something else he should consider?

I believe he was also considering some flavor of Aimpoint that had a 3x magnification tube that could flip off to the side when not in use. Its more cumbersome and expensive than the leupold. Any thoughts?

01-10-2007, 10:07 AM
I haven't personally used it, but you can usually find good deals on used ones at AR15.com's Equipment Exchange. Caveat Emptor.

01-10-2007, 10:08 AM
I looked at it, but went with the Meopta Meostar 1-4x22 K-Dot instead. It's somewhat cheaper, has higher magnification and the reticle, with one horizontal and two vertical lines, was more appealing to me.

01-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Gose, how much was your KDot and where did you get it? I cant decide between the CQ/T, KDot or the Horus Talon. Blah!

01-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Gose, how much was your KDot and where did you get it? I cant decide between the CQ/T, KDot or the Horus Talon. Blah!

$719, bought it from Midway.
I can bring it to Chabot Sat/Sun this weekend, if you want to see it in person (and happen to be in the bay area).

01-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Ahh, I am over in Lodi, so prob wont be out that way, thanks though!

01-10-2007, 3:31 PM
The CQT is heavy and big requires a battery (if I remember correctly), The Meopta Gose mentioned would be my choice before the CQT.

The Accupoint from Trijicon. Not a true dot at 1.25 magnification 4 power on top. No batteries, target style knobs under caps, blah blah.

The Accupoint has won just about every major 3 gun match for the last 4 or 5 years.

Good luck

01-10-2007, 3:36 PM
The Meopta requires a battery for the illumination. It can still be used as a normal scope with the un-illuminated reticle though.

01-10-2007, 3:46 PM
The couple guys in my unit that went down range with CQTs swapped them out for EOTech or ACOGs after a few months. They're "okay" apparently, though nothing to get excited about. Incidentally, I *THINK* this is the site that let down a certain SMU and led to the Short Dot.

01-10-2007, 4:38 PM
I would personally pick Acogs over CQT's. Used acogs can also be had for almost the same price as the leupold cqt's. I sold my Acog with donut reticle last year to someone for $600.00.