PDA

View Full Version : XD sight install

Scandivious
07-29-2011, 8:13 PM
Looking to get some meprolight night sights for my XD9 Tactical but do not want to spend a arm and a leg to get them installed. Is there anyone from here who has experience in installing the sights on an XD (heard it can be a pain) or knows of anyone who does not charge the whole world for the service. I am in the Inglewood/Culver City Area.

MaHoTex
07-29-2011, 8:19 PM
I bought a sight pusher and it was still the biggest pain in the arse to do. If you can't find someone here to "help you out" then just pay a local shop to do it for you. My local shop does it for real cheap if you buy the sights from them.

I am in Riverside county.

Edit: If you end up doing it yourself with a sight pusher, let me tell you this... When you are cranking on the tool and think that if you push any harder you are going to break something, give it another big push... that will still not be enough force. Oh... did I say it was a big pain in the rear?

08duramax
07-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Ammo bros does it. Plus the member who was banned, AR-15 barrels can do it out of his shop while you wait. And he was only like $30. Just google the name. Really good guy from what I have read. Some shops will not touch them because of how hard they are to remove. Good luck.

biloutkast
07-30-2011, 7:29 PM
I broke my brass and steel punches trying to remove the sights off my old XD45.
I used my air chisel and it came off in five seconds per sight.

Gryff
07-30-2011, 8:25 PM
I used my air chisel and it came off in five seconds per sight.

:D A friend of mine uses liquid nitrogen to deep freeze the little bastards, then knocks them out with a punch (often shattering the originals in the process).

I love my XDs, but the genius who decided to make these sights impossible to move needs to be smacked in the head a couple of times.

elSquid
07-30-2011, 8:43 PM
All my Glocks have aftermarket sights, but my two XDs have the stock ones. :confused:

;)

-- Michael

leman77
07-30-2011, 8:48 PM
www.xd-hs2000.com costs 20 bucks plus shipping to get the slide there. they pay return shipping.