PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer 232 Blued off Ca. Roster?

Hapich
07-29-2011, 6:26 PM
Long time reader, love this site, first time poster. Big curious and relic guy.
I just tried out one of these, Sig 232 .380acp blued model. I really liked it but I looked on the Ca. handgun roster and the blued model is not there. Stainless yes. Blued no? What the heck is that all about? If you test one model that is exactly the same as another but with a different finish it doesn't count? Any info is appreciated.
Rob

psango
07-29-2011, 7:18 PM
The stainless steel version is a stainless steel frame and slide, the blue version is a carbon steel slide and alloy frame. For some reason the blue one's not on the list. I have the older version P230 blue and it's a great gun and a lot lighter in weight than the stainless version.

Hapich
07-29-2011, 7:32 PM
I suppose they just didn't test the blued version for whatever reasons. Perhaps the different alloys react differently to the drop tests and so forth and it didn't pass. Oh well. It's a joy to shoot. Maybe I will consider the stainless model even though stainless is not my style. I really liked it for a compact. I'm 6'3" with big mittens and it was better than the other compacts I have shot. Thanks for the info.