PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcement Non-Profit Classes

KALIDAWG8996
07-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi all! I remember awhile back reading through a thread that there are non-profit classes that students, interested in a career in law enforcement, may take to improve on skills such as writing investigative reports essays and investigative techniques in the L.A. area. I've been looking all over for the link and but my google-fu and calguns-fu is not being very receptive today. Anybody know of any such training available in the L.A. area?

mixicus
07-29-2011, 3:40 PM
There are plenty of low cost classes in the Administration of Justice (or the like) departments at your local community colleges that may fit your needs. Your best bet would be the schools associated with academies Riverside, Fullerton, Golden West, Santa Ana, etc.

There are other low dollar training opportunities in a range of topics if you are already sworn.

Claymar
07-29-2011, 6:27 PM
Second that on the community colleges. Most reserve academies take open enrollment. Taught one in So. Cal. for awhile and over 70% of my students were open enrollees.

KALIDAWG8996
08-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I've seen those also but, I remember specifically seeing a non-profit group in the L.A. area that had volunteer or current for law enforcement that helped people increase their level and helped get through the process. I'm pretty sure it was with one of the many law enforcement associations in and around the L.A. area. I also saw that someone around here posted it in a thread and now I can't find it....arghh!

CaptMike
08-03-2011, 3:14 PM
Hey Kalidawg

It was probably me that you saw mention the free training before. It used to be the La Puente Valley Regional Occupational Program (ROP) that had all of the free public safety training. I called them today and they told me that they shut down their entire program due to budget cuts. Their program was excellent, taught by retired and active LASD folks, but unfortunately, they are no more. They suggested you try the Baldwin Park adult school, because they sometimes have some classes at extremently reduced rates. I would suggest you call them and ask if they have what you are looking for. sorry I couldnt help and good luck

KALIDAWG8996
08-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Lt. Mike, unfortunately it wasn't the La Puente ROP program. I used to live there and did know about the adult school. It was located around downtown L.A. It wasn't school affiliated either. It was connected to an association or a program of some sort. I'll keep looking and if I find it, i'll post it. I'm supprised I didn't bookmark it..... It seemed like a great program for those wanting to get into law enforcement and sharpen up on skills that will help them get through the entry process, especially, federal.