PDA

View Full Version : Glock sight install in the san jose area

asme
07-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi Calguns,

I just got some Ameriglo sights in the mail for my Glock 17 and have decided it would be a rightly dumb idea to install them at home, ham-handedly whacking away with a vise, hammer, and punch to drift the rear sight in.

As such, I'm looking for a place in the south bay that will do it properly and with care with a sight pusher. Preferably for cheap-ish. Anyone have any recommendations?

barca101
07-29-2011, 11:15 AM
South bay meaning San Jose area? I had my Ameriglo Hackathorn sights installed at LC Action for $20.

stix213
07-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Am I supposed to feel dumb for installing my sights using the vise/hammer/punch method? :p

I've heard LC Action actually has a Glock armorer on staff, at least as of 2010. So they sound worth looking into.

1911su16b870
07-29-2011, 11:28 AM
I am in Gardena/south bay Los Angeles.

asme
07-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Updated the OP, excuse the dweebiness. Thanks for the responses so far.

Am I supposed to feel dumb for installing my sights using the vise/hammer/punch method? :p.

It just means you're gutsier than little old me :o

Lead Waster
07-29-2011, 12:32 PM
I think for sights, I'd use a pro just because they'll go and sight it in properly. I wouldn't know how to do that unless you are at the range doing it, AND you are a good shot :p

fullspeed1
07-29-2011, 1:59 PM
I've installed and removed several different sights on both my 19's and 17. It's an easy process.

Oceanbob
07-29-2011, 3:32 PM
Crazy idea...buy a site tool for $49 and do it yourself. I think you should read this thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=422097&highlight=tool

If you intend to be a lifetime shooter/collector you need a site tool. :D

JMO.

Bob

jumpthestack
07-29-2011, 8:37 PM
Crazy idea...buy a site tool for $49 and do it yourself. I think you should read this thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=422097&highlight=tool

If you intend to be a lifetime shooter/collector you need a site tool. :D

JMO.

Bob
+1. And you'd be able to adjust your sights afterwards if you needed to, vs having someone else do it.

Mighty J ho
07-29-2011, 9:18 PM
If you don't want to buy a sight tool.Call around the shops around there.I think Reeds in Santa Clara can do it for you.

taguin
07-30-2011, 5:04 PM
I maybe able to help you out...I have a glock sight tool I can lend you.

GlockTalk9
07-30-2011, 5:27 PM
As much as I love LC Action's customer service and great sales staff, I can't recommend getting sights installed on handguns there due to previous negative experience. I purchased my G17 there along with their truglo sights which were installed free since I purchased from them. After the first 1k rounds, the front sight fiber optic popped out and the base holding the actual optic was loose. They replaced it under warranty and off I go. 500 rounds later, the front and rear sight becomes misaligned. I take it back where they used "loc-tite" and now its holding up fine. Apparently on the 2nd fix, a wrong screw was used to tighten down the front sight. Now everything is all squared away and good to go. LC Action really stood up and took care of me but it was more of the inconvenience than anything.

asme
07-30-2011, 7:17 PM
Brought my Glock to LC action yesterday, paid $10, and got my sights installed as I watched.

The rear's fine, the front's a little crooked. Thankfully, the tool to mess with the front is $3.

Thanks calguns!