PDA

View Full Version : Italian Berettas?

Highlands858
07-29-2011, 2:22 AM
So I hear they're not going to be made in Italy any more. Have they already stopped making them in Italy? If not, when do they plan to stop?

Another question: If I have a BNIB Italian-made Beretta how much do you think the value will appreciate if I hang onto it for, say, one year?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Army
07-29-2011, 6:24 AM
Which Beretta? All of them? Certain models?

Berretta has been in business for over 500 years, I doubt they are shutting the Italy doors.

DArBad
07-29-2011, 10:57 AM
So I hear they're not going to be made in Italy any more. Have they already stopped making them in Italy? If not, when do they plan to stop?

Another question: If I have a BNIB Italian-made Beretta how much do you think the value will appreciate if I hang onto it for, say, one year?

Highlands, where did you hear this news?? I do have a beautiful Italian made Beretta92fs, I will just keep it then, could prove to be a gold mine in the future?

CK_32
07-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Highlands, where did you hear this news?? I do have a beautiful Italian made Beretta92fs, I will just keep it then, could prove to be a gold mine in the future?

To be honest don't hold your beath. There was thousand and thousands of these made a year not to mention the military's bulk m9s. If antthin the m9s will hold some value but no where near in the short future. Companies move around all the time buying this factory moving to this one shutting this one down. As pong as they keep making the 92/m9 they won't become rare at all. Just be like the glocks gen3 and 4... The gen 4 flopped letting the 3s hold their value. But never skyrocketed in price because both are still being made.

But when the gen3s are done and gone they will end up being collectors like the gen1 and 2s are and will then become a little more pricey. Even then it wasnt much... So just buy your beretta and live with it. And maybe in 15 to 20 years when a million people lose their m9s or break them and you still have your and they don't make them you will make some $$.

thenodnarb
07-29-2011, 11:26 AM
if its an INOX, the Italian all stainless ones are worth more than the ones with black controls. I've seen slides alone go for $400 or more. The ones with black controls seem to be a bit cheaper. I know I'd like to have an all stainless Italian 92fs slide. Preferably a brigadier or elite.

Highlands858
07-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Sorry, I meant just the 92FS. So they are or aren't going to be making them in Italy any more?

21SF
07-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Hold on to it, you will be rich!!!!!!!!! WOW

Army
07-29-2011, 3:29 PM
The FS is also made in in Maryland. Largest market for the 92 series is America, so it makes sense to only make them in one local factory.

Not to mention the FS is at A1 already, making the original obsolete.

pontiacpratt
07-29-2011, 8:49 PM
I heard that the 92fs were only coming from Italy due to the massive M9 contracts and to be a M9 it had to be made in the USA

CK_32
07-29-2011, 10:08 PM
I heard that the 92fs were only coming from Italy due to the massive M9 contracts and to be a M9 it had to be made in the USA

Can someone confirm or deny this? Good fact to know.

sneather
07-30-2011, 7:35 AM
Seem like a topic better suited to berettaforum.net.
You post this over there, yet?

shooterdude
07-30-2011, 9:05 AM

This is just wishful thinking on your part. These are mass produced combat handguns. Whether made in the USA or Italy the differences are negligible and these are NOT investments. If you want to invest your money then buy some Apple stock NOT a Beretta 92fs.

rogervzv
07-31-2011, 2:37 AM
This is just wishful thinking on your part. These are mass produced combat handguns. Whether made in the USA or Italy the differences are negligible and these are NOT investments. If you want to invest your money then buy some Apple stock NOT a Beretta 92fs.

I agree. I have a 92FS and an M9A1. Great pistols but not investments. Luckily I bought Apple three years ago. :chris: