PDA

View Full Version : My first Bud's transaction....

missiontrails
07-28-2011, 5:56 PM
Very good. Website is great, e-mail update each time status changes. My Walther P99 AS arrived, perfect, cable lock included. If ANYONE local would have had one in stock in San Diego... AND was not looking for $799, I would have bought local. Well, Gussler benefits at least. $577 BTW.

gumby
07-28-2011, 6:15 PM
6 transactions with Buds and never a problem.

Dhena81
07-28-2011, 6:35 PM
I agree sometimes brick and mortar stores have really high prices I've ordered a couple of things online because I ended up saving as much as $500 dollars in some cases.

A good example is I was looking at a LMT MRP and a MWS at Turners and they want MSRP + 50 dollars for a BB at that point its basically rape and I must just say no. I will never pay MSRP + BB for a weapon unless there's no way around it like Obama wins in 2012 :shock:

bjl333
07-28-2011, 6:36 PM
Did one last year with no problems!

Blackhawk556
07-28-2011, 6:37 PM
My one transaction with buds went well. I recommend them all the time.

bsg
07-28-2011, 7:14 PM
congratulations... and nice that you saved money on the transaction.

GILMORE619
07-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Very good. Website is great, e-mail update each time status changes. My Walther P99 AS arrived, perfect, cable lock included. If ANYONE local would have had one in stock in San Diego... AND was not looking for $799, I would have bought local. Well, Gussler benefits at least. $577 BTW.

Buds is awesome! How much does Gussler charge for a transfer?

missiontrails
07-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Buds is awesome! How much does Gussler charge for a transfer?

$40 + DROS..... However, he is now charging sales tax on out of state online vendor transactions...... He never used to, but I heard a runor that he got audited.....

WASR10
08-30-2011, 8:45 PM
I'm glad yours went well. I am using Bud's for the first time right now and not having a good experience.

Edit: Actually, I will probably give them a second chance. The prices are too good and no one has anything negative to say about them. Maybe this experience was just a fluke.

keenkeen
08-31-2011, 1:47 PM
$577 BTW.

1 left @ $565.28 on clearance @ TheGunSource.com....

:p

(Just so you share my pain and find a "little better" price once you already track down and buy one!)

Enjoy the new toy!

viet4lifeOC
08-31-2011, 1:53 PM
does Bud's ship CA off-roster handguns to us if it's going to be SSE?

thanks

CK_32
08-31-2011, 2:00 PM
Dot wright any comments or complaints they might change it. :D

stormvet
08-31-2011, 5:07 PM
I have never had a problem with them, I have bought four from them. I even traded a couple guns with them. Only lost about $100.00 doing the trade but saved myself some aggravation trying to sell a gun that at the time was saturated in the used gun market.

By the way, very cool gun you bought and great price.

xxINKxx
08-31-2011, 6:15 PM
Ive almost had to deal with buds everytime i couldnt find the gun I wanted locally. But ide always manage to find the gun, or somehthing else instead.

I'll probably buy something eventually.

Did you have to contact your local FFL first and tell them you plan on buying from buds and get the ok? What next? Call buds and buy it and just give them your local ffl info and adress?

Never done it befor. Curious how it all works

trashman
08-31-2011, 6:49 PM
I've bought a half-dozen guns from Buds, and every sale has been snag-free. Now that you can pay through ACH (rather than screwing around with a money order) it's pretty damn fast, too.

They also get some interesting overruns (like the KY State Police 870P Remington) at great prices.

--Neill

trashman
08-31-2011, 6:51 PM
Did you have to contact your local FFL first and tell them you plan on buying from buds and get the ok? What next? Call buds and buy it and just give them your local ffl info and adress?

Never done it befor. Curious how it all works

Budsgunshop has a list of dealers on file; whatever your transfer dealer wants (a heads-up that the gun is on the way, for instance) might require a phone call, but beyond that everything else is done from your web browser.

-select gun
-pay with ACH or money order to get the cash discount
-select transfer dealer from their list

...go to your dealer and DROS the gun.

--Neill

WASR10
08-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Well, my transaction was anything but smooth. But I did get the cm9 at a great price, so they earned a second chance.

INK, my FFL wasn't on their list, so I called him and he emailed them a copy. Piece of cake.

Zesty
09-01-2011, 9:00 AM
Just made my 1st buy through Bud's. 4x Glock 20sf (2 for me and 2 for Dad). Smooth transaction, guns are obviously brand-spanking new. Ordered them on 8/4, and the pistols' fired-shell dates were 7/25....pistols barely a week out of Glock's hands and into mine...I guess they turn over stock fast because that is about as new of a pistol as you are gonna get. Also, they sent all 4 Glocks with sequential serial numbers which was very cool of them. I give them a big thumbs up and would do business again gladly.

Jyruiz
09-01-2011, 9:07 AM
I almost ordered a P99 from Buds, but another place had it for $2.00 more and free shipping as well without having to pay cash.

bigrod
09-01-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm considering placing an order with Bud's. They have a list of FLL dealers on the site. Some are listed in green (preferred dealers) some are in black. Do I have to contact the ones listed in black or can I just go ahead and place the order?

Jyruiz
09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm considering placing an order with Bud's. They have a list of FLL dealers on the site. Some are listed in green (preferred dealers) some are in black. Do I have to contact the ones listed in black or can I just go ahead and place the order?

I would contact them just out of common courtesy and give them the heads up.

Lead Waster
09-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Just made my 1st buy through Bud's. 4x Glock 20sf (2 for me and 2 for Dad). Smooth transaction, guns are obviously brand-spanking new. Ordered them on 8/4, and the pistols' fired-shell dates were 7/25....pistols barely a week out of Glock's hands and into mine...I guess they turn over stock fast because that is about as new of a pistol as you are gonna get. Also, they sent all 4 Glocks with sequential serial numbers which was very cool of them. I give them a big thumbs up and would do business again gladly.

How in the world did you get 4 pistols? Is your FFL going to hang on to two of them while you and your Dad DROS 2 of them and then wait 30 days?

And yeah, you should call your FFL to give them a heads up. Probably better than them just showing up and your FFL saying "Hmm, some guns, now I gotta figure out who they belong to".. also, they can expect the shipment.

Steve-O
09-01-2011, 2:19 PM
:p

(Just so you share my pain and find a "little better" price once you already track down and buy one!)

I learned a long time ago, once you have bought it, stop shopping for it. :D

paul0660
09-01-2011, 2:26 PM
Bud's is fine. A local gun shop should be able to match their prices. If they do not, they are not trying hard. I will pay 20% more to get it from my guy opposed to Bud.

tonyxcom
09-01-2011, 2:30 PM
I learned a long time ago, once you have bought it, stop shopping for it. :D

Haha, so true.

Ripon83
09-01-2011, 2:38 PM
I wish the local gun shops would just work with them or their price. Mine refuse too.

Jyruiz
09-01-2011, 3:23 PM
Bud's is fine. A local gun shop should be able to match their prices. If they do not, they are not trying hard. I will pay 20% more to get it from my guy opposed to Bud.

I would go 10%, if a local place had it, I could not find anyone who had it or could order it, so I went online and got it transfered. I might do 20% if it is a very hard handgun to get.

Zesty
09-01-2011, 5:59 PM
How in the world did you get 4 pistols? Is your FFL going to hang on to two of them while you and your Dad DROS 2 of them and then wait 30 days?

And yeah, you should call your FFL to give them a heads up. Probably better than them just showing up and your FFL saying "Hmm, some guns, now I gotta figure out who they belong to".. also, they can expect the shipment.

Yes you are 100% correct. I bought all 4, had them shipped to Roger's Relics. My Dad and I DROS'd one each, and are both waiting for the 30 days to expire until we can DROS the second pair. Sorry for not clarifying that before.

BTW, my first Glock and I am very impressed with the model 20sf.