PDA

View Full Version : So I changed my roster exempt pistol back to normal configuration. Now what?

stilly
07-28-2011, 5:47 PM
Do I have to re dros it or something? I thought that someone said that I was supposed to redros it as a semi auto 1911 now but how do I go about doing that? Do I need to take it back to a gunstore or ffl holder or is this something that I can do on my own?

NorCal Einstein
07-28-2011, 5:48 PM
No need to re DROS anything. Ship the single shot parts back to whoever they belong to, enjoy your new semi auto 1911.

j.primo
07-28-2011, 5:51 PM
Take it to the range and make the bullets fly.

Nor-Cal
07-28-2011, 5:57 PM
Take a trip to the range and Enjoy your roster exempt pistol! Your gtg already!

Rallyfan
07-28-2011, 5:58 PM
Do I have to re dros it or something? I thought that someone said that I was supposed to redros it as a semi auto 1911 now but how do I go about doing that? Do I need to take it back to a gunstore or ffl holder or is this something that I can do on my own?

Return the single shot conversion parts as or if appropriate and live life. Far as I can work out, you're done. See the sticky thread, it's very helpful.

stilly
07-28-2011, 6:01 PM
No need to re DROS anything. Ship the single shot parts back to whoever they belong to, enjoy your new semi auto 1911.

Cool. I have been shooting it but I felt like I was supposed to make an announcement or something to the DOJ. Maybe send them invites to the christening...

Well now this is a load off my mind... The parts are mine already though. I was thinking of going for one of those caspian or trp operators with the full rails next...

bwiese
07-28-2011, 6:13 PM
You are free, once you walk out the FFL's door with a new gun of any type, to convert it into any other legal form (i.e., that doesn't violate CA or Fed laws).

You, for whatever reason, apparently decided to change your single-shot pistol with a long barrel into a semiauto pistol with a shorter barrel.

Enjoy your gun. Return your barrel for refund/core credit if that was part of your deal.

No more paperwork is necessary (other than paper targets ;-)

bsg
07-28-2011, 6:17 PM
congratulations on your new Taurus.

Blackhawk556
07-28-2011, 6:35 PM
Now you have to star looking for you next gun. DeLeon just wrote a new piece of legislation requiring gun owners to immediately start looking for a new gun after buying one. ;)

AeroEngi
07-28-2011, 6:37 PM
Cool. I have been shooting it but I felt like I was supposed to make an announcement or something to the DOJ. Maybe send them invites to the christening...

Well now this is a load off my mind... The parts are mine already though. I was thinking of going for one of those caspian or trp operators with the full rails next...

The TRP Operator with the full rail is on the roster so no need to single shot exempt it. The half rail is off the roster; I'd say go for that next! Nice pistol btw, congrats!

stilly
07-28-2011, 7:49 PM
Now you have to star looking for you next gun. DeLeon just wrote a new piece of legislation requiring gun owners to immediately start looking for a new gun after buying one. ;)

Wowl. That would be the first piece of legislation he wrote that actually did any good... (Until we find Ruger actually authored it and he just put his name on it...) :O

I am eyeing the five seven or maybe an M&P to match my revolver.

nitroxdiver
07-29-2011, 1:41 PM
You must now start converting money into noise, smoke, and fun. ;-)
The only notification you have to make to the doj is to give them the mental middle finger.

Enjoy your new pistol!

smittty
07-29-2011, 11:06 PM

I still waiting for the photo!

rubber duckie
07-29-2011, 11:10 PM
if you are looking for a full rail 1911. look at the RIA 2011 model. its not a 2011 with double stack mag, its just the model number.

can be found here with night sights (http://centerfiresystems.com/AC-RI1911-2011-NS.aspx)

http://centerfiresystems.com/productimages/handguns/AC-RI1911-2011-NS-D.jpg