PDA

View Full Version : Single point sling options

spdrcr
07-28-2011, 4:10 PM
Anyone have recommendations for a single point sling for people with small frames? Something with a lot of adjustability.

I have a Cobra Condor single-point bungee sling and while I love it, even when adjusted all the way down, it forces me to hold my MP5 pistol out further than I would like before there is enough tension to aid in aiming/controlling the pistol.

I've also tried the H&K factory sling in a single-point configuration and it adjusts to about the same length as the Cobra. I need a way to bring the end of the sling closer to my body so as to reduce my arm extension.

JanG
07-28-2011, 11:34 PM
i had a blackhawk storm single point on my ar until i got my hands on a magpul ms2

WilliamAnderson
07-29-2011, 12:37 AM
How good is that ms2 really though?

JanG
07-29-2011, 1:35 AM
i got it used, but it doesn't look like it was used much. i've heard of the clips breaking but if that ever happens, that's why i still have the blackhawk as a backup.

as far as use, the clips are easy to manipulate, even with mechanix gloves on. the length adjustment isn't where i would want it to be, slightly towards my back between 8 and 9 o'clock. i got it set where i want the sling length at 2 point and just move the front clip back and forth. maybe a little padding would make it more comfortable for longer periods, but that's really nitpicking.

spdrcr
07-29-2011, 10:49 AM
i had a blackhawk storm single point on my ar until i got my hands on a magpul ms2

Slinging a pistol is a lot different than a rifle since there is no stock to aid in tensioning the weapon.

When your MS2 is adjusted to it's smallest/shortest position and stretched out what is its length from the clip to the end of the loop?

fullspeed1
07-29-2011, 2:04 PM
Sling for a pistol?

stormy_clothing
07-29-2011, 2:07 PM
magpul unless you dont plan on shooting from your opposite side then you might as well tap the buffer tube at the end.

Time of Flight
07-29-2011, 2:36 PM
Hey OP may I ask why you are looking for a single point instead of a two point?

Single points are notorious for smacking you in the balls when you transition to your secondary; not to mention they are almost impossible to sprint/climb/jump with...

I suggest a quality 2 point, but thats my .02 cents.

Maddog5150
07-29-2011, 2:40 PM

Single points are notorious for smacking you in the balls when you transition to your secondary; not to mention they are almost impossible to sprint/climb/jump with...

This.
Hiking any distance with a single point or having to do any type of climbing or movement sucks with a single point. In my opinion, the best sling is the vickers padded two point sling followed by an isreali sling

spdrcr
07-29-2011, 3:28 PM
Sling for a pistol?

An MP5 pistol, not exactly a handgun

magpul unless you dont plan on shooting from your opposite side then you might as well tap the buffer tube at the end.

There is no buffer tube. However, the endcap is where the current rear sling mounting point is.

The front sling mounting point is at the front of the forearm and I didn't really want the sling pulling across my support hand/arm. As mentioned above, the rear sling mounting point is on the endcap which works well with a single point sling. This pistol just sees range time so I'm not exposed to the drawbacks you've listed.

I'll give the factory H&K sling a try in a 2 point configuration and see if I can get more tension in a less extended position though.

djleisure
07-29-2011, 4:22 PM
I use a TROY, padded, non-bungee single point sling on my Draco and it works great for me. I had to adjust mine out a little bit, but as you can see, there is room to pull it in very tight. I tried a bungee version first, but it just took one good whack to the nuts for me to discontinue use. :D

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af189/dj_leisure/IMG_8387.jpg

Skunk2Racer
07-29-2011, 8:41 PM
Ouch Nutcracker