PDA

View Full Version : CA-DOJ Roster

Press Check
07-28-2011, 2:40 PM
Interested in grabbing a Kimber Stainless II in 9mm, but the Roster only has the Stainless Target II listed, and there's virtually no difference between the pistols.

Is there a way to propose having a model added to the Roster, or is it that done by the manufacturer, DOJ, etc?

SMR510
07-28-2011, 3:04 PM
That is done my the manufacture, for them the cost to go through adding a pistol is not worth it if they have another pistol that is almost identical that is already on the roster. That is assuming that the one you want would pass...I know it sucks.

The good part is that there is a way around the roster. All the info you need is here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692

Where are you located?

Press Check
07-28-2011, 3:56 PM
Thanks for the response. I read that, but I'm not sure how it applies to my situation.

I'm in SoCal, Los Angeles County.

Quiet
07-28-2011, 4:36 PM
Only the manufacturer/importer can add a handgun to the approved list via PC 12131.5 exemption.

So the only way to can get what you want is via PPT, LE sale, out-of-state intra-familial gift or single-shot pistol exemption.

SMR510
07-28-2011, 4:45 PM
Thanks for the response. I read that, but I'm not sure how it applies to my situation.

I'm in SoCal, Los Angeles County.

How it applies: You can purchase the gun you want through the single shot exemption...The roster does not apply and you can convert it back to its factory configuration after you take possession.

Call a couple of the shops on the list in the SSE thread and see if they can get you what you want.