PDA

View Full Version : Seen in Washington State

bruceflinch
07-27-2011, 9:24 PM
We just got back from visiting some Family. Wifey's Uncle & I spent 2 days touring the Gunshops around Puyallup & Cabelas in Lacy, Wa. We also spent a morning at the Paul Bunyan Range shooting where Uncle Ben is a Member.

One of the shops was selling some Collector pieces that had never been shot. They ranged from $850-1600. Beautiful S&W wheelguns. Wish I'd had my regular camera. Enjoy

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj138/Bruceflinch/July%202011/July2011002.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj138/Bruceflinch/July%202011/July2011003-1.jpg

Now this shop also sold bullets in Bulk!
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj138/Bruceflinch/July%202011/July2011001-1.jpg

socal425
07-27-2011, 11:49 PM
From what I heard from a fellow co-worker who lives in WA, they passed a state law that they can now own and use suppressors. Aren't we so lucky here in the PRK! Sorry...didn't mean to go off-topic.

Mr. Beretta
07-27-2011, 11:51 PM
There's some nice pre lock Smiths in those cases!

InGrAM
07-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Ohhh what it would be to live in a free state :P

Did they have any classic semi-autos? it be nice to see some pics of those lol

rshoemaker
07-27-2011, 11:53 PM
I have some friends up there that are doing their first annual suppressor shoot. WA was weird you could own suppressors but could not use them untill they just legalized it. I miss everything there but the rain.

rareair
07-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Did you get a chance to visit Rainier Arms'?

JanG
07-28-2011, 12:51 AM
I have some friends up there that are doing their first annual suppressor shoot. WA was weird you could own suppressors but could not use them untill they just legalized it. I miss everything there but the rain.

i'll take the rain if it comes with freedom :D

Freq18Hz
07-28-2011, 1:41 AM
that cabelas is epic...I love going to that store!

Gio
07-28-2011, 2:36 AM
Good stuff Bruce, sounds like you had a good trip up to WA :)

GunDog
07-28-2011, 6:15 AM
My intuition tells me you visited The Marksman on East Canyon Road in Puyallup and perhaps Bullseye in Tacoma. In my experience, The Marksman is the place to go for pre-lock S&W revolvers.

den888
07-28-2011, 7:04 AM
I just visited WA (for business) and came back yesterday. I was in Seattle, Tacoma and the southern part of the state (Longview and Vancouver). Saw quite a few gun shops along I-5, but did not get a chance to go inside, Darn!

Nice photos!

Andy Taylor
07-28-2011, 7:20 AM

Then go to the eastern half of the state. Not much rain there.

Oceanbob
07-28-2011, 7:28 AM
I just visited WA (for business) and came back yesterday. I was in Seattle, Tacoma and the southern part of the state (Longview and Vancouver). Saw quite a few gun shops along I-5, but did not get a chance to go inside, Darn!

Nice photos!

The next time you're going down I 5 jump off at Federal Way. I really like this store:

Federal Way Discount Guns
(253) 927-5229
33120 Pacific Hwy S, #2, Federal Way, WA 98003
Cross Streets: Between S 332nd St and S 330th St

Good selection and very popular. Nice people inside.

Bob

ZX-10R
07-28-2011, 7:36 AM
WA is awesome for guns...Every other week there is a gun show in the North and middle of the state. There gun shows, make ours look like petting farms...Incredible what they have. You should see some of the other gun shops like WADE's which is still the best gun shop I have ever been to...Everything you would ever dream of is there...Incredible place. If you get to Bothell, Go to DJ's...That place has so many handguns it is ridiculous - Many used and new handguns but the selection is vast. heck I did not even mention the rifle portion...That was my FFL when I was in WA. Kenmore range was awesome as well if you get a chance to go shooting...It was where I was a member.

Beautiful state WA...When I came back after fixing our NW region, I regretted leaving to fix our SW region...

Quiet
07-28-2011, 7:43 AM
From what I heard from a fellow co-worker who lives in WA, they passed a state law that they can now own and use suppressors. Aren't we so lucky here in the PRK! Sorry...didn't mean to go off-topic.

Actually, the new law allows them to use their noise suppressors.
Prior to the new law passing, you could legally own a noise suppressor in WA, but it was illegal to use it in WA.

bruceflinch
07-28-2011, 7:54 AM
Yep, True

Did you get a chance to visit Rainier Arms'?
Don't remember that one. We went to about 6 altogether.

My intuition tells me you visited The Marksman on East Canyon Road in Puyallup and perhaps Bullseye in Tacoma. In my experience, The Marksman is the place to go for pre-lock S&W revolvers.
Yes we did!
Bullseye was our first stop. Marksman was our last. Uncle Ben is the Brass Recycler for Marksman.
I can't remember the name of the shop where I took the pics, tho..:wheelchair: Former owner was "the Kernal" (Colonier? sp) :o

Marksman had a beautiful M1903 for $600. However I had just ordered a M1Garand, so my budget was spent, I'm not the US Government!

Cabelas had the only jerk gun shop employee! But Wow! What a place!

rshoemaker
07-28-2011, 8:43 AM
Then go to the eastern half of the state. Not much rain there.

not too many jobs either, its where I am originaly from. If it were up to me that is where I would be living right this min.

Andy Taylor
08-03-2011, 3:22 PM
not too many jobs either, its where I am originaly from. If it were up to me that is where I would be living right this min.

Ain't that the truth. I grew up there as well, in the Yakima Valley. Outlook/Sunnyside to be exact. Where are you from?

jmsenk
08-03-2011, 6:05 PM
My brother is stationed at Ft. Lewis, and married a girl from Olympia - He really likes it up there, and I have a blast every time I head up to visit. The only problem, is all the damn dirty hippies in Seattle.

weezil_boi
08-03-2011, 9:25 PM
This is cool... I grew up in Parkland, wife is from Puyallup. My parents live in Graham... 2 mins from Paul Bunyan range. Man... you hit all those shops and missed the best gunshop in WA I have ever been in... Surplus Ammo n Arms, just outside McChord on Pac hwy. small but amazing store. It is the store that you wish you owned. Its just behind the Tactical taylor factory. try it.

To the poster that mentioned the gunshows in WA... like the ones they have at Puyallup fair grounds 10 times a year... heres a tip... the parking lot can be the best place for deals ;) Of course, it sucks to be a Kommifornian up there, cant buy nuthin good.

Since WA doesnt have any gun reg or transfer crap for PPTs... theres just good old fashioned swap n buy out there ;) . IN the show, only gun club members can buy/trade... since a voluntary background check comes with membership. Cool.

Seattle, like San Francisco is a toilet... please Lord, how bout a mercy flush?