View Full Version : New G26, Serial Number Plate Defect?

2nd Shot
07-27-2011, 7:42 PM
So I just picked up a new G26, and it's pretty sweet. I noticed that the metal surface finish is different from my G29 - sort of a more matte green/gray in color but seems to soak up more oil too. It shoots nice, is utterly reliable with anything I could feed it and would probably shoot rocks if I could stuff them in the magazine, and everything else one would expect from Glock.

Thing is, it looks like there's sort of a defect in the metal serial number tag molded into the bottom of the dust cover (which itself looks much thicker than the older G26/27 dust cover, a redesign?) It looks like something got trapped between the backside of the plate and the die that backs up the plate as numbers are stamped onto the other side deforming it some... I wonder if it'll cause stress that could cause the dust cover to crack after extended use? I know it's a Glock, and supposed to be dropped in the dirt and fired 500,000 times without lube and sweated on and repeatedly fired underwater and all that but I find it quite annoying in a brand new pistol, perfectionist that I am.

Am I stuck? It's my understanding that even if Glock replaced the frame, it'd have a new serial that wouldn't match the slide and barrel and a new 10 day wait, which is unacceptable. I'll try to post a picture in a sec...

07-27-2011, 8:46 PM
Yeah, without a pic it's hard to say. If it's a defect Glock WILL make it right, but if they do replace the frame you're looking at another 10 day wait.

2nd Shot
07-28-2011, 6:18 PM
It looks to me as if something that looked like a small chain got trapped between the back of the plate when the serial number was stamped in... I just hope it got stamped then molded in rather than the other way around.

Anyways, am I out of my mind worrying about what probably amounts to a cosmetic defect, or should I push the issue? I have fired the gun, but only put a couple boxes through until I caught it when I stripped it for cleaning.

07-28-2011, 6:25 PM
I'm not seeing anything to worry about, but like I said, if you think there's something wrong contact Glock and they'll fix it.

07-28-2011, 6:36 PM
Anyways, am I out of my mind worrying about what probably amounts to a cosmetic defect.

07-28-2011, 6:40 PM
^+1 Although it would probably bug the hell out of me too.

07-28-2011, 7:36 PM
Probably a piece of rivet metal?

07-28-2011, 8:09 PM
Congrats, the G26 is a nice 9mm.