PDA

View Full Version : Consignment at On Target

bill_v
07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Has anybody sold a handgun on consignment at On Target in Laguna Niguel?

What was your experience?

They sold a handgun of mine and I have not been paid. They won't tell me when I'll get paid or when the gun was sold, just that they will mail me a check.

jonzer77
07-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Usually the lgs will give you a check after the 10 day wait.

Killawhale415
07-27-2011, 1:05 PM
Thats a bummer, that why I dont do consignments

Lyte-
07-27-2011, 1:27 PM
they have their own forum here, why don't you try posting there...

dfletcher
07-27-2011, 1:41 PM
Usually the lgs will give you a check after the 10 day wait.

My experience is the gun store will not cut a check until the gun has been paid in full. If the buyer is antsy, as am I, and picks up at day 10 + 1 minute theat's when they'll pay. If the buyer waits the full 30 day DROS that's when the check is sent.

I've sold a fair number of guns, what usually happens is that the gun is sold and on a return visit - could be a few days after the gun was paid off, could be a month - and I'll ask about it. The gun store will then say "oh, yeh - we sold that in about 10 minutes, guy picked it up two weeks ago ....." :cool:

I've had only one gun store mail me a check, they did it on time too, and that was River City Gun Exchange in Sac. Since I'm in SF that saved me time and about $40.00 gas & tolls - I plan on making my next buy up there, was helpful of them to do that.

jonzer77
07-27-2011, 3:39 PM
Yeah thats what I meant, forgot not everyone picks up right at 10 days on the spot lol. Typically whenever ownership has changed and the buyer picks then it is done and the check it cut.