PDA

View Full Version : Builiding an oll ar-15

1norcalvarmintHunter
01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I have read the list and letters. So now i want to build one.

Say i get my stripped lower. And the kit to put it together.

I want to go 10 rd. fixed magazine

possibly thumbhole stock.

and a nice varmint upper.

any advice and places to purchase or transfer would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Aluisious
01-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Where about are you? There are some OLL friendly FFLs in the Bay Area.

1norcalvarmintHunter
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Stockton in the valley

fairfaxjim
01-08-2007, 11:37 PM
One of the best suppliers of OLL to Calif. is Cold War Shooters, click on their ad at the top of the page. Call them and see who they have for transfer FFL's in your area. He is a little far to buy a lower from, but the other firearms ad at the top of the page is Ten Percent Firearms, and Wes is great for any AR items. He stocks the unique to Calif. goodies that make it all possible. There are some new and/or improved California grips, stocks, and mag lock/release kits coming available in the next few months. Search the posts here on Calguns.net for MonsterMan grip, U-15 stock, SRB, and the various mag lock kits. Ten Percent stocks most of these items.

Rugerdaddy
01-09-2007, 9:54 AM
Give Antioch Armory in (where else) Antioch a call. They have lowers, or can provide FFL. I bought my lower from them. They were very friendly and helpful, as well.

http://www.antiocharmory.com/

They're not far from you.

trackman
01-09-2007, 2:03 PM
+1 for CWS. I just built my first AR15 and it's very easy. I got the STAG OLL from gunbroker.com (great site), STAG 1H upper from CWS (very fast deliver), and Prince50 lock kit and STAG stock from Ten Percent (also very good service). Go to AR15.com for good instructions on OLL assembly.

Good luck!

Prc329
01-09-2007, 2:36 PM
Ar15.com is your friend. The build it yourself and troubleshooting forums can save you from some headaches.

rorschach
01-09-2007, 4:16 PM
Dont forget ddsranch.com

Great selection of OLL's at unbeatable prices. Transfer dealers all over the state.

JS-M1A
01-09-2007, 5:37 PM
Hook up Coldwar shooters or ddsranch. Nearest ffl who will
DROS an offlist lower will be in Sac or the bay area.
The Sac ffl`s tranfers went smooth for me. I am also
cursed with living in Stockton.I have not found any ffl`s
In the area who will transfer an OLL.

zyl8tr
01-11-2007, 10:58 AM
I will try CWS as well.

mltrading
01-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Find a local transfer FFL. Then buy lowers on GunBroker.com.:)

zyl8tr
01-11-2007, 11:44 AM
I am probably gonna regret this but there is a lower stripped stag at Gunbroker right now. I am just not financially ready to build one at the moment.

1norcalvarmintHunter
01-14-2007, 2:00 AM
Thanks all, i ordered from a guy out in florida, got a stag lower. Building my dream varmint gun soon... Cant wait.

So let me get this straight once the reciever comes in i cannot legally build the rifel until i submit paperwork to DOJ?

And i have to make sure it is a fixed 10 rd. mag, no pistol grip, and at least 30" in over all length?

PLINK
01-14-2007, 2:04 AM
Thanks all, i ordered from a guy out in florida, got a stag lower. Building my dream varmint gun soon... Cant wait.

So let me get this straight once the reciever comes in i cannot legally build the rifel until i submit paperwork to DOJ?

And i have to make sure it is a fixed 10 rd. mag, no pistol grip, and at least 30" in over all length?

The receiver should be going staight to your FFL. There you will do the DROS, then wait 10 days to pick it up.

After you pick it up from your FFL then you can build it.

It you have a fixed 10 round mag you can add all the evil features you want. The barrel must be 16 inches or longer. The OAL min is 30 inches.