PDA

View Full Version : CZ Sp01 price check

KenP
07-26-2011, 4:11 PM
Is 660 before tax and dros a little high for a cz sp01?

I also didn't know there was a model with 10 round mags.

maxima
07-26-2011, 4:16 PM
It is a bit on the high side. czcustom.com has best price $578 shipped, if you can find a good transfer dealer without robbing you.

Blackhawk556
07-26-2011, 4:24 PM
I got a 10% discount where I bought it from. I ended up paying $660 out the door. Without the discount they wanted $648 plus fees. Yes they do come with 10 round mags, we're in CA, it's the law.

KenP
07-26-2011, 4:43 PM
I thought most came with 18 rnd rebuilds.

KenP
07-26-2011, 4:47 PM
It is a bit on the high side. czcustom.com has best price $578 shipped, if you can find a good transfer dealer without robbing you.

After tax 578?

jonzer77
07-26-2011, 4:48 PM
That's before tax and transfer fee which can be anywhere $55-100. If you are lucky you can find one that doesn't collect CA use tax but those are getting few and far between.

maxima
07-26-2011, 5:00 PM
After tax 578?

It is internet price, they do not charge you sales tax since they are in AZ. If you are in SoCal, you will find the dealer transfer fee vary from as low as $10 to $150, plus DROS. The user tax is your responsibility on your tax return.

shooterdude
07-26-2011, 5:01 PM
I thought most came with 18 rnd rebuilds.

Any new gun sold in CA that is on the roster comes from the manufacturer with 10 round magazines if the standard capacity is >10.

SMR510
07-26-2011, 5:25 PM
It is internet price, they do not charge you sales tax since they are in AZ. If you are in SoCal, you will find the dealer transfer fee vary from as low as $10 to $150, plus DROS. The user tax is your responsibility on your tax return.

FFL's are required to collect the tax on all purchases even if you buy it from an online retailer out of state. This will be added on when you go to do the paperwork for your purchase. Actually there is a bunch of drama right now about out of state purchases and tax, apparently online retailers may have to start collecting it in the near future. Its lame, I know.

Most of the dealers around here want mid $600 for them before taxes and fees so I would say $660 is an average deal. Depending on the online retailer you may have to pay shipping, that usually makes the price similar between online and local retailers.

At this point, at least in the SF area, SP-01's are in high demand and low supply. If you wan't it and don't want to wait I would jump on it and grab it before someone else gets to it before you.

Also CZ Custom doesn't have any so using that as a price comparison is not ideal as they may change the price when more become available. I read somewhere that more would probably not become available until September but can't say how good that information is.

Briancnelson
07-26-2011, 5:38 PM
California's attempt to change their sales tax regime has no effect on settled law at the Federal level. They won't be able to force them to collect if they are out of state and have no physical nexus or affiliate in the state.

This is why the law was pointless to pass.

Hoot951
07-26-2011, 8:04 PM
It's super popular right now and everybody want it. Prices are gonna go up because of demand so i'd say if you really want it get it or you might not find another one for awhile (depending on where you live that is).

lwlaml
07-26-2011, 9:07 PM
I just paid $670 + tax + DROS this past weekend. Fowlers was the only one who had it.

CZCustoms is out and CZ-USA doesn't know when more are coming. BTW, Bright Spot Pawn DOES NOT collect use tax on behalf of CA from you.

paul0660
07-26-2011, 9:19 PM
Impactgunsonline. I don't know if them have them in stock, but it is the right gun and I think it has 10 round mags (manufacturer number starts with a 0 instead of a 9). $536.

pc_load_letter
07-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Discount Gun in San Diego has one but not sure if it's still there. They wanted 649.00

That gun store in Del Mar also has the Sp-01 in stock. I think they wanted something over 700 for it.

Check gunbroker, I picked my SP-01 up for 525 otd.

RT13
07-27-2011, 12:55 AM
If you can find one locally priced under $700, just grab it. Don't waste your time trying to save a few dollars because they are hard to find and I think gun stores are noticing that trend and will raise their price soon. Plus buying out of state is gonna end up costing you the same after shipping n all.

zfields
07-27-2011, 1:11 AM
FFL's are required to collect the tax on all purchases even if you buy it from an online retailer out of state. This will be added on when you go to do the paperwork for your purchase. Actually there is a bunch of drama right now about out of state purchases and tax, apparently online retailers may have to start collecting it in the near future. Its lame, I know.

Most of the dealers around here want mid $600 for them before taxes and fees so I would say $660 is an average deal. Depending on the online retailer you may have to pay shipping, that usually makes the price similar between online and local retailers.

At this point, at least in the SF area, SP-01's are in high demand and low supply. If you wan't it and don't want to wait I would jump on it and grab it before someone else gets to it before you.

Also CZ Custom doesn't have any so using that as a price comparison is not ideal as they may change the price when more become available. I read somewhere that more would probably not become available until September but can't say how good that information is.

Dealers are NOT required to collect "use tax", however, more and more are doing it to keep themselves out of deep poo poo. I signed multiple papers saying that I would be responsible for paying the tax.

80 bucks for the transfer, nothing more.