PDA

View Full Version : Register and Sell

Barkoff
07-26-2011, 1:23 PM
I just sent my $19 off a couple of weeks ago for a handgun my father gave me, that I now intend to sell. Do you think I could move forward after a few weeks, or must one wait for paperwork to arrive back from the DOJ?

Thank you sirs.

Librarian
07-26-2011, 1:46 PM
Sell it - you should have no problems at all, since registration is not required to sell - but it will be registered to the new buyer via DROS.

41M
07-26-2011, 10:03 PM
I would think twice about selling a firearm you received from your father. The caliber or model may not appeal to you now, but years from now you may regret selling the gun.

RoundEye
07-26-2011, 10:10 PM
You actually did not need to perform the voluntary registration to sell it. Earlier this year I sold to pistol via PPT that I never reregistered, an had no issues.

Librarian
07-26-2011, 11:13 PM
You actually did not need to perform the voluntary registration to sell it. Earlier this year I sold to pistol via PPT that I never reregistered, an had no issues.

That's true, so far as it goes, but filing the OPLAW form, after an intrafamilial transfer, is required.

jonzer77
07-27-2011, 8:56 AM
What kind of gun is it?

mif_slim
07-27-2011, 9:02 AM
I would think twice about selling a firearm you received from your father. The caliber or model may not appeal to you now, but years from now you may regret selling the gun.

Yup. My grandpa passes away 30 years ago, up until 1995-96 a airgun which my grandpa had waaaay back was picked up by a friend....til this day I wish I never had gotten rid of it. :(