PDA

View Full Version : CZ75BD Jamming and Magazine Question

DocClark340
07-26-2011, 10:43 AM
I have a cz-75b thats less than a year old that is constantly jamming. It's the same kind of jam everytime- the spent cartridge is still in the barrel, and a fresh one is coming up right behind and they both get stuck with the slide open. I noticed the range CZ-75b I rented before buying mine did the exact same thing and just brushed it off as being neglected.

One thing I noticed is the first few magazines will run perfectly, then after that the gun jams almost every other shot ( im serious). This happened on BOTH my personal and range cz-75b's.

It's a shame because when the gun does work its really fun to shoot, more comfortable and easier to shoot accurately than my Glock 17. However, my Glock was bought new about the same time as the CZ and has much more rounds through it without ever jamming. I'm almost to the point of being sorry I chose the CZ over the Beretta 92fs.

Oh ya, and the range employee checked my extractor and said its fine... so I dont think this is it.

Anyone have a similiar experiance with a 75b and know what is wrong?

I just bought a used CZ75BD on consinment and am having the same issue with mine. I intend to do what people suggested with reguards to the extractor issue. I am also wondering something. It came with two facory 10 round magazines that when completley loaded you can shake them and hear the rounds rattle around inside.

Is this normal?

:confused::confused::(:(:confused:

zfields
07-26-2011, 10:53 AM
the sound is normal on 10 rounders.....

also, the 10 round mags tend to suck : )

DocClark340
07-26-2011, 1:02 PM
the sound is normal on 10 rounders.....

also, the 10 round mags tend to suck : )

In your experience do you find feeding issues with the 10 rounder’s? Weak mag springs? Is there a brand you would recommend or is that just the way of life with the factory 10er mags?

:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

spddrcr
07-26-2011, 1:18 PM
the extractor on any cz75 is the weak link in the gun, I own 3 cz's and have done extensive work on mine and others and the one thing i notice is that the extractor claw will crud up with residue after a couple hundred rounds and cause exactly what you are talking about. as far as mag springs go be careful what you order for springs as some are to wide at the bottom to fit the 10 rounders, I currently run the 10 rounders in my 19 round mags that i use for competition and have yet to find a problem. when they become weak ill swap them for something else.
check out the cz forum as well as you will find just about any answer to your questions, just don't post something you designed there as it will be stolen and manufactured within weeks or days:rolleyes:

jrara
07-26-2011, 1:30 PM
check out the cz forum as well as you will find just about any answer to your questions, just don't post something you designed there as it will be stolen and manufactured within weeks or days:rolleyes:

What do you mean?

yaksha
07-26-2011, 1:47 PM
In my experience it is a weak extractor spring. look through the CZ forum

http://www.czforumsite.info/

and you will see this multiple times with the fix being replacing the extractor and/or extractor spring.

zfields
07-26-2011, 2:33 PM
In your experience do you find feeding issues with the 10 rounder’s? Weak mag springs? Is there a brand you would recommend or is that just the way of life with the factory 10er mags?

:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

I sold off my factory mags pretty quick. I run 19 round CZ sp01 mags, or Mecgars (who make the OEM).

A lot of the hicaps neutered have issues, no mater what brand.

maxima
07-26-2011, 2:57 PM
I never have 10rd factory mag issue on my 2 full size CZs and 2 compact CZs.

Based on your description, there are possible two issues(or the combine of the two):

1. Weak extractor spring and/or worn extractor ---- most likely

2. Out of spec chamber which is too tight --- Could be

You can fix one by your self with new extractor and spring, but if the chamber is out of spec, you may want send it back to CZ-USA.

Give CZ-USA a ring, their customer service is very good.

zfields
07-26-2011, 2:59 PM

Based on your description, there are possible two issues(or the combine of the two):

You can fix one by your self with new extractor and spring, but if the chamber is out of spec, you may want send it back to CZ-USA.

Im in the process of sending back my CZ due to a short chamber....the experience isnt exactly great.

maxima
07-26-2011, 3:08 PM
Im in the process of sending back my CZ due to a short chamber....the experience isnt exactly great.

Sorry to hear that. Wish it get fixed soon.

Their pistol and rimfire rifle quality now is not as good as was a few years ago, in my experience. And since Justin left CZ-USA, their CS are not consistent, but still very good compared to similar manufactures/importers.

zfields
07-26-2011, 4:29 PM
I just wish all manufactures would pay for shipping both ways on a pistol thats less then 6 months old.

I guess everyone cant be springfield : )

maxima
07-26-2011, 4:56 PM
I just wish all manufactures would pay for shipping both ways on a pistol thats less then 6 months old.

I guess everyone cant be springfield : )

I feel you. Also heard others mentioned that they had to pay return shipping which is expensive for handguns. Maybe CZ-USA changed the policy recently.

zfields
07-26-2011, 9:46 PM
They told me that I am paying for one way. Im shipping through a local TX ffl, so its only like 50 bucks.

I had to return a deffective gun to an online retailer once.....80 bucks transfer + 75 bucks shipping.......that sucked ***.

maxima
07-27-2011, 12:13 AM
They told me that I am paying for one way. Im shipping through a local TX ffl, so its only like 50 bucks.

I had to return a deffective gun to an online retailer once.....80 bucks transfer + 75 bucks shipping.......that sucked ***.

I am surprised that CZ-USA told you that. For repairing or tuning, my impression is that you can ship it to manufacture directly and receive the same gun from manufacture, without using any FFL. I did that several times for pistols and rifles with several different manufactures/importers including CZ-USA.

zfields
07-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Im not sending directly because I live in an apartment complex. Our mail guy has a tendency to leave "signature confirm only" on our door step regardless. Also, its cheaper to send through an FFL since they can send priority mail.

maxima
07-27-2011, 12:22 AM
I see. Anyway, good luck. CZ-USA will take care of it and their turn around time usually fast.(normally within 10 business day, IIRC)

Let us know how it shoots after it coming back.

zfields
07-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Well, it shot great minus the casing blowing the F up once in a while.........
Accurate, easy to point, and good trigger ( I did a bit o' polishing )

Im waiting to get it into service, and Im replacing the FCG witha CGW DA/SA trigger/sear so I can get back into USPSA production.

J.D.Allen
07-27-2011, 6:48 AM
Not to thread jack but since wee are talking about CZ technical issues...

My owner's manual says my 75B SA doesn't have a LCI but there is a hairline space between the very rear of the chamber and the slide opening when the slide is closed. I can use this space to see if there is a round chambered. What's the deal? Is this normal? It hasn't caused any problems.

DocClark340
07-27-2011, 8:13 AM

I pulled the extractor last night and low and behold the crud was ridicules. A ball of crap about the size of a piece of 7-1/2 shot fell out. I gave it a thorough cleaning and will take it out for a test fire and see what happens. A new spring sounds like a hot ticket (now on order) as I can move the extractor with my index finger.

Is this level of extractor spring tension common in the CZ75’s or proves its a weak spring?

:shock::shock::pinch::pinch::willy_nilly:

zfields
07-27-2011, 8:59 AM

My owner's manual says my 75B SA doesn't have a LCI but there is a hairline space between the very rear of the chamber and the slide opening when the slide is closed. I can use this space to see if there is a round chambered. What's the deal? Is this normal? It hasn't caused any problems.

You should see the case rim.

More then that, you have the same issue I have : )

Midian
07-27-2011, 9:57 AM
I have the exact same problem with my 75B, and it chose to initially act up during an action pistol match. Not good. I'll pull out the extractor and have a look. Maybe replace the spring with a Wolf spring?

Anyone know offhand what size punch is needed for this? I'll have to purchase one.

Cheers

jrara
07-27-2011, 10:12 AM
I have the exact same problem with my 75B, and it chose to initially act up during an action pistol match. Not good. I'll pull out the extractor and have a look. Maybe replace the spring with a Wolf spring?

Anyone know offhand what size punch is needed for this? I'll have to purchase one.

Cheers

2mm from what I remember.

DocClark340
07-27-2011, 10:16 AM

Cheers

It’s real easy to remove, I just recommend tapping it a little at a time and not all the way out. It makes it easer to put back in place.

Check this out, He shows you how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khRZHIiNqTM

:D:cool::D:cool::rolleyes:

zfields
07-27-2011, 10:26 AM
It’s real easy to remove, I just recommend tapping it a little at a time and not all the way out. It makes it easer to put back in place.

Check this out, He shows you how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khRZHIiNqTM

:D:cool::D:cool::rolleyes:

Good vid. I always just cleaned mine with a dental pick.

Freq18Hz
07-27-2011, 1:04 PM
While I have seen range cz's that have feeding issues after getting warm, my cz-75b has been flawless.

-Freq

maxima
07-27-2011, 5:52 PM
Good vid. I always just cleaned mine with a dental pick.

Dental pick works for me as well.

maxima
07-27-2011, 5:57 PM

I have 75B SA as well, there is a little bit gap between barrel extension end and the slide opening, no issue found so far.

jrara
07-27-2011, 7:08 PM

You mean this?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108095&stc=1&d=1311822500

My p01 does it also.

zfields
07-27-2011, 8:22 PM
normal..

jrara
07-28-2011, 6:15 AM
Holy Crap!!!! did you blow a hole through the chamber?????????

Thats How it came from the Factory.

DocClark340
07-28-2011, 7:09 AM
Thats How it came from the Factory.

I feel stupid, the serial number blacked out. Duh.......
I need more coffee. Its to early.

:TFH::TFH::TFH::TFH:

J.D.Allen
07-28-2011, 9:18 AM
You should see the case rim.

More then that, you have the same issue I have : )

I can't tell if it's the case rim or not. I just see a glint of metal. I can't see any space, like the space between the rim and the case body, that I can tell... sound like I'm GTG?

Nevermind, just saw the photo, the s[pace on mine is smaller than that so I am sure I am fine.

zfields
07-28-2011, 9:15 PM
Good.

Mine showed just about as much brass as that photo did, and I was having issues, so I wouldnt really use that as an accurate gauge.

J.D.Allen
07-29-2011, 8:56 AM
What kind of problems was it causing?

zfields
07-29-2011, 9:54 AM
Firing out of battery, blowing cases like crazy.

JeremyS
07-29-2011, 6:12 PM
FWIW, I have four of the factory 10-round mags for my SP-01 and have never had a feeding issue or an instance where the slide didn't lock back on empty. Over 1,000 rounds through it now and, actually, not a single failure of any sort whatsoever. Well, two or three rounds that failed to fire but they were bum primers in some Brown Bear stuff... hit 'em multiple times... duds.

CZ9
07-30-2011, 12:16 AM
My BD had about 6 of those same jams. My buddy told me I needed to clean the extractor when I clean my pistol, since then its never had a single problem ran about 1300ish rounds since my last double feed/failure to extract. My cz just likes to be clean for best performance. And my factory mags rattled with a full 10 rounds since day one.

spddrcr
07-30-2011, 4:20 PM
Firing out of battery, blowing cases like crazy.

are you loading your own ammo? I thought i had the same problem till i got one on tape and it ended up being a weak case and nothing more.

DocClark340
08-05-2011, 7:47 AM
Could you CZ75 folks post some pictures of the bottom of your extractors (from the bottom of the slide up) and post them for me? The extraction issue I have could be a bent/worn extractor but I have no reference of what one should look like. Mine looks bent but is it supposed to be that way to begin with?

Thanks guys…….

:smash::smash::clover::no::beatdeadhorse5:

DocClark340
08-05-2011, 11:10 AM
CZ wants $40 + shipping for the new extractor

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Freq18Hz
08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I feel stupid, the serial number blacked out. Duh.......
I need more coffee. Its to early.

:TFH::TFH::TFH::TFH:

hah well don't feel too bad, because it's noon here and when I first looked at the pic it took me a second also.

NICE BLACKOUT JOB!

=)

-Freq

zfields
08-05-2011, 1:31 PM
are you loading your own ammo? I thought i had the same problem till i got one on tape and it ended up being a weak case and nothing more.

Its doing it on factory and home loaded. I thought it was just my loads untill I did a day with only factory ammo.

the CZ's have a short chamber already, and you have to roll them a bit short, but mine was out of spec with even Euro ammo.

smeg
08-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Could you CZ75 folks post some pictures of the bottom of your extractors (from the bottom of the slide up) and post them for me? The extraction issue I have could be a bent/worn extractor but I have no reference of what one should look like. Mine looks bent but is it supposed to be that way to begin with?

Thanks guys…….

like this?

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/sevoflurane/DSC_0510.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/sevoflurane/DSC_0513.jpg

DocClark340
08-10-2011, 9:50 AM
Final update:

I replaced the extractor spring with a wolf extra power spring (real easy) and ran 60 rounds through it last night….. Zero failures. I would recommend if you have failure to extract issues or for that matter you just want to improve reliability replace that spring. It was the best $3.50 I have spent to date.

Doc

:sweatdrop::sweatdrop::smash::smash::clown::clown:

DocClark340
08-10-2011, 9:56 AM
like this?

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/sevoflurane/DSC_0510.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/sevoflurane/DSC_0513.jpg

Your photos dident show up, can you repost them for referance again?
:useless:
Hahahahahahahahahaha...........

Thank you,