PDA

View Full Version : Santa Rosa Island Elk and Deer

Californio
01-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Some are aware that the NPS wants to slaughter all the elk and deer on Santa Rosa Island, on November 14, 2005 Sens. Feinstein and Boxer entered a bill/amendment to counter what Pres. Bush signed into law October 2005. The NRA brought the CWD issue to my attention in their response. I am sure all hunters that have seen the winter kill in Colorado and the effects of CWD would agree that if we have a protected herd from which to study a cure may be found. I support study and game management of Santa Rosa Island elk and deer for the contribution they may offer in the eradication of CWD.

Please write Feinstein and Boxer if you agree.

Dear Senator,

Your bill on November 14, 2005 to slaughter the Santa Rosa Island Roosevelt elk and Kailbab mule deer is not responsible.

I would hope that you are aware that the elk and deer on Santa Rosa Island do not suffer from Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) http://www.cwd-info.org/ . These animals are a biological treasure trove of genetic data that could be the key to addressing or even repopulating mainland herds of elk and deer free from CWD.

Slaughtering these healthy animals and not taking the time to study the biological contribution they could make against CWD is simply irresponsible. Please look at cwd-info.org and read the FAQ section.

Santa Rosa Island is a protected off-shore environment against CWD and the opportunity to study why these animals that are not infected is a once in a lifetime chance to save the mainland species.

Incitatus
01-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Wait a minute...bleeding hearts liberals Feinswine and Boxcutter want to kill Bambi? Does PETA know about this?
Does all the three hugging, tofu eating, hippie smelling, Democrat voting crowd knows about the planned massacre?
How come we have to hear from NRA about this? Where are the protests, the outrage, the newspaper articles condemning the two Democrat senators?
Anyone?
:eek:

Hunter
01-09-2007, 5:42 AM
Wait a minute...bleeding hearts liberals Feinswine and Boxcutter want to kill Bambi? Does PETA know about this?
Does all the three hugging, tofu eating, hippie smelling, Democrat voting crowd knows about the planned massacre?
How come we have to hear from NRA about this? Where are the protests, the outrage, the newspaper articles condemning the two Democrat senators?
Anyone?
:eek:

We have covered this, go here for more info.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=42173&highlight=santa+rosa

Californio
01-09-2007, 9:31 AM
We have covered this, go here for more info.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=42173&highlight=santa+rosa

Yes, but no one brought up the CWD issue except the NRA. I have written Feinstien and Boxer on this issue alone. If we have a healthy herd with no disease, regardless of where it is, don't we need to study the reasons. If enough people write on this issue,CWD, maybe a light will come on in Grandmaville.