PDA

View Full Version : Roadrunner show in Sac last weekend

Gromulin
01-08-2007, 9:11 AM
I couldn't make the SVSS shoot on Saturday, so I went to the Gun/Knife/Beef-jerky/Jewelry/stuffed animal/coin show at Cal Expo instead. Not very impressive. Not many C&R guns of interest, and what was there was WAY overpriced. Did'nt see a single K31, and only a couple M1's and M1 carbines.

I really like the Reno show better...they serve cocktails.

All I ended up buying was a couple books from the Creepy guy in the white lab-coat. Seriously...this guy would have given my 5YO nightmares...

All in all a good time, but just not a lot of interesting stuff.

SigShooter
01-08-2007, 10:51 AM
All I ended up buying was a couple books from the Creepy guy in the white lab-coat. Seriously...this guy would have given my 5YO nightmares...

Yea, that guy is creepy...

I stopped going to the Sac show a few years back, when the tables were loaded with more beef than brass. The good thing is the Cow Palace show is only two weeks away. Still not like it used to be, but probably the best in the SF bay area.

rorschach
01-08-2007, 11:29 AM
They have coins?? Wow, none of our SoCal shows have coins.

I too am guilty of buying books from Professor Frink. Always see that cat at the Ventura show.

matango
01-08-2007, 11:37 AM
LOL!

that guy in the white lab coat is a strange looking character, he kinda reminds me of mr. Rogers

Gromulin
01-08-2007, 12:09 PM
I too am guilty of buying books from Professor Frink. Always see that cat at the Ventura show.

You mean he has a car??? I pictured him living in some studio apartment in Rio Linda walled in by stacks of books and top ramen containers.

He did have a great selection of books though.

edsel6502
01-08-2007, 12:11 PM
They have coins?? Wow, none of our SoCal shows have coins.

Went to one in SJ last year. Is that the stuffed whatever whose dead eyes seem to follow you wherever you go in the show? :)

ivanimal
01-08-2007, 1:02 PM
LOL!

that guy in the white lab coat is a strange looking character, he kinda reminds me of mr. Rogers

No Mr. Rogers would have washed his lab coat.:eek:

Davidoff
01-08-2007, 1:09 PM
I took a long lunch and drove there from Travis AFB. I was the guy in BDU's.

There really wasn't anything worth buying for me, I just picked up some bulk .38sp. I kinda feel ripped off after paying $7 for parking and $9 to get in. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Davidoff

matango
01-08-2007, 1:17 PM
I took a long lunch and drove there from Travis AFB. I was the guy in BDU's.

There really wasn't anything worth buying for me, I just picked up some bulk .38sp. I kinda feel ripped off after paying $7 for parking and $9 to get in. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Davidoff

$9.00 to get in?

last time it was $8.00

they must have raised the admission price, I usually park across the street near the furniture store, for free parking

Mike 56
01-08-2007, 2:39 PM
7.00 dollars to park, 18 dollars for my wife and i to get in, 18.00 dollars for jerky for my wife. I could of gotten screwed a hell of a lot cheaper in down town Sac. The only thing i bought was a GI stripier clip guide to modify for my Carbon 15 top loader. I was thinking about buying a flat top raiser but the guy was a jerk so i did not buy it. From now on i will wait and go to Reno.

Mike