PDA

View Full Version : Joined the NRA...

Danz la Nuit
07-25-2011, 4:02 PM
Just joined the NRA.

Did the 40 payments of 25$ a month option for a life membership.

I am already a life member of the CRPA.

It feels good :cool:

MasterYong
07-25-2011, 4:04 PM
Way to go.

Now join SAF.

wjc
07-25-2011, 4:05 PM
Good for you!

Welcome to the resistance! :D

bwiese
07-25-2011, 4:15 PM
Just joined the NRA.

Thank you for those "Plus ones".

If every gunnie did this, the ATF would offer to wax your gunsafe weekly and California DOJ would establish a minimum round count for ammo in your garage.

Numbers == Power.

sholling
07-25-2011, 4:18 PM
Thanks for joining up! It's a great feeling being a life member.

:jump:

GOEX FFF
07-25-2011, 4:27 PM
Excellent! There is no excuse if you're a gun owner not to join NRA, CRPA and SAF.

Crom
07-25-2011, 4:43 PM
Congrats! It sure feels good to know that our contributions are making a difference. :)

IGOTDIRT4U
07-25-2011, 4:57 PM
Thank you for those "Plus ones".

If every gunnie did this, the ATF would offer to wax your gunsafe weekly and California DOJ would establish a minimum round count for ammo in your garage.

Numbers == Power.

Agreed. This is why I send a year NRA membership to a few fellow gunnies that I know do not have NRA memberships. I give them as gifts at Christmas and hope they join for good the following year.

Xanthus
07-25-2011, 6:24 PM
Congrats!

Now all you need is a cool NRA/CRPA signature pic :P

bigcalidave
07-25-2011, 7:17 PM
Anyone who signed up with SAF know if they mail you something? It's been a few months since I did, and I've never received any sort of packet or info.

GWbiker
07-25-2011, 7:19 PM
For years I resisted rejoining the NRA due to their constant badgering for money and their prior stand on assault weapons, etc.

But within a week of the Tucson shooting last January I signed up with the NRA.
And, I'm glad I did.

ttboy
07-25-2011, 7:48 PM
I renewed my membership for three years saving for life membership.

tba02
07-25-2011, 7:53 PM
Cheers.

rimfire78
07-25-2011, 9:20 PM
Wish I had more friends that feel like you. Way to go!

6172crew
07-25-2011, 11:12 PM
I sign up at every Fun show, even if its not needed,

wildhawker
07-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Anyone who signed up with SAF know if they mail you something? It's been a few months since I did, and I've never received any sort of packet or info.

You'll get something in ~60-90.

bigcalidave
07-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks B

cprieto
07-26-2011, 6:17 AM
Congratulations, just did it myself earlier this year. We are at such a critical time in this country and although we are seeing some momentum in certain states the Left has a choke hold in Kalifornia and a few other Blue states. I wish more people who enjoy shooting and support the 2nd ammendment would be more active.

Walker
07-26-2011, 8:19 AM
Just joined the NRA.

I just did the same thing this past weekend, I was a junior many many many years ago. This has been a long time coming though.

Luieburger
07-26-2011, 8:27 AM
Welcome aboard! Don't forget to get in touch with your local Member's Council. The council in Santa Clara County has fun shoots every month, and does a lot of good work to teach new shooters.

Paladin
07-26-2011, 11:02 AM
For years I resisted rejoining the NRA due to their constant badgering for money and their prior stand on assault weapons, etc. :confused:

60aIaNZA0h8

But within a week of the Tucson shooting last January I signed up with the NRA.
And, I'm glad I did.
And I'm glad you did too! We need as many gunnies to join and get politically involved as we can.

Here's a recent example of why, even after Heller/McDonald, we need a strong NRA -- the antis want to pack the federal courts to limit (and, imo, overturn), Heller/McDonald ASAP:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=459180

sholling
07-26-2011, 11:42 AM
They're a bit slow but they send life members a really nice wall plaque and some other neat goodies. The only thing that's funky is the membership card which I assume they will send each year. It looks like any other hand filled out year to year card but I can't complain. As a proud member I laminated mine and stuck it in my wallet.

Flopper
07-26-2011, 1:55 PM
I sign up at every Fun show, even if its not needed,

Agreed. This is why I send a year NRA membership to a few fellow gunnies that I know do not have NRA memberships. I give them as gifts at Christmas and hope they join for good the following year.

Welcome aboard! Don't forget to get in touch with your local Member's Council. The council in Santa Clara County has fun shoots every month, and does a lot of good work to teach new shooters.

6172crew and IGOTDIRT4U: these are GREAT ideas.

Luieburger: I'm guessin' you were the one that helped me sign my dad up at the SJ gun show last weekend--thanks!