PDA

View Full Version : Any LEO-friendly FFLs for transfer in San Gabriel Valley area?

snovvman
07-24-2011, 4:55 AM
I am looking for a reasonably-priced FFL around my area to do regular business with. I'm in a buying mood at the moment and want to buy a few weapons from out-of-state dealers. Looking around, I find many that charge a large fee that I consider unreasonable (over $100).

I have found several threads that don't have up-to-date information.

If you can point to an FFL that has reasonable rates, perhaps even offer discounts to LEO and/or understands LEO/full-capacity transfers, I'd much appreciate it.

RedFord150
07-24-2011, 3:41 PM
I am not LEO, I am only pointing out my observation.
Gunrunners in Duarte, CA is located on Huntington Drive, just West of 605 Freeway. They appear to cater to LE, at least from what I have seen.
I have done 2 PPT's with them. I was the seller on both. They seem too be OK.
Please call them directly to confirm they will satisfy your needs.
Good luck.

DNA
07-24-2011, 4:43 PM
The firing pin in Temple City, Entreprise in Irwindale, Ammobros in Cerritos. May also try to contact Alamo Pawn in West Covina and see what they say.

Dan

Jonathan Doe
07-24-2011, 4:48 PM
LAPD Academy store will do the out of state transfer for $75, for LE only.

Ron-Solo
07-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Before you do an Internet purchase try All State Police Equipment for LE sales. Great prices and a lot less hassle.

Notorious
07-24-2011, 11:49 PM
If you can point to an FFL that has reasonable rates, perhaps even offer discounts to LEO...

You're just joking right?;)

I mean... in case IAD starts digging through these forums like they have been known to do...:chris:

For transfers, you can't beat the price of T&A Armory but they are not local. They are about 30 minutes south off Hwy 22 and Harbor, 10 minutes south of Disneyland.:D

However, that $25-50 you save easily pays for gas and they are very LEO friendly. Since I have discovered them, I have done tons of transactions with them, new sales and FTF, haven't done an out of state one yet but the owner had a special and he will honor the price for me.:cool2:

I don't know the website address, but google T&A Armory in Santa Ana. They are pretty highly rated on this forum.:TFH:

snovvman
07-25-2011, 5:53 AM
You're just joking right?;)

I mean... in case IAD starts digging through these forums like they have been known to do...:chris:

By the context of your writing, I gathered that receiving a LEO discount is not a good thing? Sorry, I'm new at this stuff :o

I know *asking* for discount is not a good thing, but many vendors, such as Brownells, will automatically provide a discount to LEOs, I presume that is okay?

Thanks for all the responses. I have asked a few questions in the LE forum and folks have been helpful and patient...:)

Notorious
07-25-2011, 8:06 AM
I know it's a fact of life that we get breaks at places. I'm no idealist when it comes to that. But you got to be careful putting it out like that where IAD can say you are asking our expecting it or that you seek some economic advantage by your position. Just watching out for you.

Also, the public reads these threads as well. Don't need to put it out there for them to use against you or to get them all ruled up that they don't get special treatment.

Did you find a good store yet?

snovvman
07-25-2011, 8:25 AM
I know it's a fact of life that we get breaks at places. I'm no idealist when it comes to that. But you got to be careful putting it out like that where IAD can say you are asking our expecting it or that you seek some economic advantage by your position. Just watching out for you.

Also, the public reads these threads as well. Don't need to put it out there for them to use against you or to get them all ruled up that they don't get special treatment.

Did you find a good store yet?

Understood. Thank you Sir. I will be looking for a store today. If I don't find anything close, I will call T&A. Thanks again!

TitanIsrael
07-27-2011, 6:41 PM
Couple of months ago did a buy out of state in Texas, and The firing Pin in Temple City did FFL $75 very friendly guy (Chuck).....Bought a C93 and love it.

Hope this works for you.

S.A.
07-27-2011, 6:52 PM
I know a ffl in Whittier if that's close to you.

Notorious
07-27-2011, 7:31 PM
I think T&A charges $50.

snovvman
07-28-2011, 4:20 AM
Thank you. I ended up having it shipped to the Firing Pin, largely because it is close and referred by a friend. BTW, does T&A sell guns? I have been looking for a M&P9 Compact w/ night sights and no magazine disconnect, but neither ProForce nor Bud's have it in stock for some time...

Notorious
07-28-2011, 5:24 AM
They do, but the selection is hit and miss.

Bobby Ricigliano
08-05-2011, 4:45 PM
Before you do an Internet purchase try All State Police Equipment for LE sales. Great prices and a lot less hassle.

+1. I am a big fan of All State as a LEO only shop and their prices are spot on. They have a great selection and the staff is always helpful.

Bobby Ricigliano
08-05-2011, 4:47 PM
Thank you. I ended up having it shipped to the Firing Pin, largely because it is close and referred by a friend. BTW, does T&A sell guns? I have been looking for a M&P9 Compact w/ night sights and no magazine disconnect, but neither ProForce nor Bud's have it in stock for some time...

Man, I just bought that exact weapon from All State less than a month ago. $455 + tax and Dros.

snovvman
08-05-2011, 6:09 PM
+1. I am a big fan of All State as a LEO only shop and their prices are spot on. They have a great selection and the staff is always helpful.

Where is All State? I found a website with only a PO Box. Do they have a showroom?

Man, I just bought that exact weapon from All State less than a month ago. $455 + tax and Dros.

That's a great price...

banzaijohn
08-05-2011, 6:21 PM

All State in Pomona has a large selection of LE M&Ps; 3 mags, no mag safety. It is in a non-descrip building at 2821 Metropolitan Place, Pomona, 91767,
(800) 582-2294
(909) 596-2470

snovvman
08-05-2011, 10:13 PM
All State in Pomona has a large selection of LE M&Ps; 3 mags, no mag safety. It is in a non-descrip building at 2821 Metropolitan Place, Pomona, 91767,
(800) 582-2294
(909) 596-2470

Thank you. Do they sell the Ruger LCP and/or Kel-Tec? I was going to go to ProForce, but Pomona is closer...