PDA

View Full Version : M1D Garand

jjperl
01-07-2007, 4:36 PM
When I purchased an M1D a few years ago the threads in the scope mounting block were cross threaded about half way in. I bottom taped it and the threads looked good and when I screwed in a tightened down on the scope mount everything seemed to be ok. But when I took it off the threades on the scope mount were really "sharp" looking and the mount tended to loosen a little after a few shots. Is this bad? what should I do? and does anyone know a good gun smith that's an expert on Garands?... I refuse to take it to anyone that isn't.

wonder9
01-07-2007, 4:53 PM
Contact Tim at Warbirds Custom Guns ( www.warbirdscustomguns.com )
He specializes in american milsurp rifles, including the Garand. His prices are pretty reasonable as well.

jjperl
01-07-2007, 5:59 PM
Contact Tim at Warbirds Custom Guns ( www.warbirdscustomguns.com )
He specializes in american milsurp rifles, including the Garand. His prices are pretty reasonable as well.

Seems like a good smith but I'm a little worried about sending it out of state. Does anyone know a smith in Cali. or more specifically around the santa barbara/ ventura/ LA area?

metalhead357
01-07-2007, 8:11 PM
Seems like a good smith but I'm a little worried about sending it out of state. Does anyone know a smith in Cali. or more specifically around the santa barbara/ ventura/ LA area?

Dont worry. Warbird is the THE man. But he's looking at a 4 week lag at the moment according to his web site.

30Cal
01-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Don McCoy is down in San Diego area. He's a legend.

Ty