PDA

View Full Version : Gripless OLL "assault" weapons

xdimitrix
01-07-2007, 2:16 PM
Are there any .223 or .308 OLL builds that one could do with a pistol gripless stock and still be able to reach the trigger? I don't want to pin the mag in place so that means no pistol grip. However just by looking at some rifles like FAL's and AR's, it is pretty obvious you couldn't hold the rifle comfortably and still pull the trigger once the grip is removed. There's also the question of availability of non PG aftermarket stocks.
I was thinking of doing an OLL saiga but it seems like a pain in the *** to put it all together, plus it seems like I'd be stuck with 7.62x39 since all the parts kits that don't cost +300 bucks are that caliber.

xenophobe
01-07-2007, 2:40 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=45370
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=42322

gunrun45
01-07-2007, 2:40 PM
If you can get Monsterman to build a grip for it, you can shoot anything comfortable without a conventional pistol grip. I compared my listed AW AR to my MM equipped lower and was suprised at just how comfortable the MM is to shoot. Everyone who has tried it has stated that it's "supprisingly comfortable".

I hope he makes them for a host of other rifles so that I can slowly increase my collection. I can't say enough about how gald I am that he makes these things.

AR and AK are the ones that have been available but I'm sure other styles will will follow based upon demand and his ability to produce.

There are several other options available but this seems to be the best one IMO for my taste. Through surfing the posts here you will find most of the available creative alternatives. Some are dangerously boardering legality, others are very solid, inventive solutions to a stupid problem.

rorschach
01-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't be calling them gripless "assault weapons" either.

SemiAutoSam
01-07-2007, 10:10 PM
That's correct as without a PG they're not Assault Weapons so this word is a oxymoron somewhat like Giant Shrimp.

I was going to say military intelligence but I hope that phrase cant be used anymore in this context our guys in the sand box are depending on it.

I wouldn't be calling them gripless "assault weapons" either.