PDA

View Full Version : 5150 Question???

USMCM16A2
07-22-2011, 8:07 PM
Attention all firearms Lawyers,

I need help, I recently wrote on the boards a post about a co-worker who had a spouse that was 5150ed in 2009. Got some great resposes thanks to all. But in trying to contact some of the local firearms lawyers their secretaries take your number I never hear from them again.
I am trying to help a friend out, and I my greenbacks are as good as anyone elses, so I cannot figure out why no response???????. Anyway to refresh our collective memories, his spouse was 5150ed in 2009. He did not consult an attorney, sold all of his firearms to comply with the 5150.
I saw in an earlier post about how spousal rights were not affected as long as the non-prohibited spouse keeps the firearms/ammo/magazines locked up and unavailable. To the prohibited spouse.
I also have questions about whether AR15 parts kits are prohibited, he cannot reload because ammo components/powder/brass/primers are considered prohibited items. They want stay within the letter of the law, no funny business that is why I am trying to help them. So any help you folks can provide would be a great help. No legal aid here all services rendered will be paid for............Thanks, A2

Falconis
07-22-2011, 9:53 PM
Just a heads up, i have had to deal with lawyers for a number of reasons over the past 10 or so years. You have to call back every 2 to 3 days for the good lawyers. In my experience, after about the 3rd or 4th try, they get back to you.

USMCM16A2
07-24-2011, 1:22 PM
Guys,

Can anyone help me here, recommend a good attorney.......A2

hoffmang
07-24-2011, 1:42 PM
What city or county are you looking for assistance in?

-Gene

USMCM16A2
07-24-2011, 3:16 PM
Gene,

I am in Los Angeles County,........Thanks, A2

USMCM16A2
07-24-2011, 3:23 PM
Gene,

CalGuns Foundation donation inbound.Thanks, A2

hoffmang
07-24-2011, 4:04 PM
Contact Jason Davis - http://www.calgunlawyers.com/

-Gene

ohsmily
07-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Attention all firearms Lawyers,

I need help, I recently wrote on the boards a post about a co-worker who had a spouse that was 5150ed in 2009. Got some great resposes thanks to all. But in trying to contact some of the local firearms lawyers their secretaries take your number I never hear from them again.
I am trying to help a friend out, and I my greenbacks are as good as anyone elses, so I cannot figure out why no response???????. Anyway to refresh our collective memories, his spouse was 5150ed in 2009. He did not consult an attorney, sold all of his firearms to comply with the 5150.
I saw in an earlier post about how spousal rights were not affected as long as the non-prohibited spouse keeps the firearms/ammo/magazines locked up and unavailable. To the prohibited spouse.
I also have questions about whether AR15 parts kits are prohibited, he cannot reload because ammo components/powder/brass/primers are considered prohibited items. They want stay within the letter of the law, no funny business that is why I am trying to help them. So any help you folks can provide would be a great help. No legal aid here all services rendered will be paid for............Thanks, A2

It sounds like you are now being pointed in the correct direction and I am not in your area anyway. Nevertheless, I want you and everyone else to know that anyone who calls me with a question will get a call back within 24 hours.

I am listed on the Calguns Foundation website.

-Adam Richards
(916)444-9845
(in Sacramento)

KylaGWolf
07-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Ohsmiley that is a good thing to know. Also the lawyer Gene recommended is fabulous although is crazy busy.

1911_sfca
07-25-2011, 8:47 AM

There's your answer. For your other question(s), you have Jason Davis's # so you're good to go.

hoffmang
07-25-2011, 7:47 PM
Ohsmiley that is a good thing to know. Also the lawyer Gene recommended is fabulous although is crazy busy.

Adam is your goto if you're north of the Bay Area for example.

-Gene

taperxz
07-25-2011, 7:51 PM
It sounds like you are now being pointed in the correct direction and I am not in your area anyway. Nevertheless, I want you and everyone else to know that anyone who calls me with a question will get a call back within 24 hours.

I am listed on the Calguns Foundation website.

-Adam Richards
(916)444-9845
(in Sacramento)

copied into my iphone!!