PDA

View Full Version : What's LUCC?

Cato
07-22-2011, 4:51 PM
I just recently came across this acronym. What does it mean? Anyone do this?

Woodworker2
07-22-2011, 4:56 PM
Locked unloaded concealed carry

mej16489
07-22-2011, 4:56 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acalguns.net+LUCC&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

stix213
07-22-2011, 5:47 PM
Generally its when you have a handgun unloaded in a secure locked case, with loaded magazines within the case, in a setup that can be carried on your person. This can be done with a fanny pack, laptop looking bag, man purse, or in my case I have a .380 that fits into a Nintendo DS case that actually fits in my jeans back pocket.

The idea is although its probably not useful in a direct encounter (I've timed myself unlocking and loading my .380, and I'm usually in the 6-8 second range before I have one in the chamber), but it could be useful in a mass shooting or other threat where you have several seconds to act before the bad guy focuses on you personally.

This is legal in certain situations, but not legal all the time everywhere. Exemptions from Penal Code 12025 are used when this is legal (12025 is the ban on unlicensed concealed carry). The exemptions used are in PC's 12026, 12026.1, & 12026.2. Read up on those if you're considering it. There are also several threads here that dive in depth into the time/place legalities of LUCC.

CitaDeL
07-22-2011, 6:59 PM
I just recently came across this acronym. What does it mean? Anyone do this?

Locked unloaded concealed carry

Actually it's more accurate to call it Locked Unloaded 'Cased' Carry, since a secure locked case is an exemption to 12025. Technically- it isnt even 'carry' either. It's transportation.

Yes, people do this, myself included- since I am no longer licensed to carry concealed. It sucks more than UOC, but less than being totally disarmed. From my Bagmaster belt pack, its about 10-12 seconds from unlocked to loaded. The benefit is that I dont have to think about GFSZ.

Scream_4637
07-22-2011, 8:15 PM
Ok... so in the spirit of this thread in asking what acronyms mean, what does FUD stand for. I know what it means in the sense that it goes something along the same as BS but I can't figure out what it actually stands for. I have a good guess at what the first word is. I've been wondering for a while but haven't had the stones to ask.

ElvenSoul
07-22-2011, 8:19 PM
Something you need when buying lottery tickets.

InGrAM
07-22-2011, 8:22 PM
Fear, uncertainty, doubt. FUD. Yes, BS
The people that spread it the most are gun store owners and older punks at the range.

Turo
07-22-2011, 8:27 PM
Ok... so in the spirit of this thread in asking what acronyms mean, what does FUD stand for. I know what it means in the sense that it goes something along the same as BS but I can't figure out what it actually stands for. I have a good guess at what the first word is. I've been wondering for a while but haven't had the stones to ask.

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606

All the acronyms of CalGuns you could ever need :D.

Scream_4637
07-22-2011, 8:32 PM
http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606

All the acronyms of CalGuns you could ever need :D.

Thank you Turo for the link and Oaklander for the list of acronyms!

Librarian
07-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Fear, uncertainty, doubt. FUD. Yes, BS
The people that spread it the most are gun store owners and older punks at the range.

It's actually a bit more than that - it's deliberate misinformation, with the intent of gaining some advantage for the FUDder.

Being wrong is not FUD - wrong is necessary, but not sufficient for FUD.

People who use FUD for 'wrong' probably call 'magazines' 'clips'. :rolleyes: :) :hide:

Turo
07-22-2011, 11:31 PM
It's actually a bit more than that - it's deliberate misinformation, with the intent of gaining some advantage for the FUDder.

Being wrong is not FUD - wrong is necessary, but not sufficient for FUD.

People who use FUD for 'wrong' probably call 'magazines' 'clips'. :rolleyes: :) :hide:

Oohhh boy, You gonna catch it!