PDA

View Full Version : Who sells the Vulcan har-25?

rocknut
01-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm going to have to buy one. Not for a .308 tack driver, I'll wait for a RRA Lar-10 for that. No, I need an ar-10 lower to use with a .450 marlin upper. Think .458 socom on steroids!!! Anyway, I've searched everywhere I can think of, but can't fine the Har-25 advertised anywhere. Vulcan's website doesn't even list it.

bonjing
01-06-2007, 11:55 PM
where are you located?

I think city arms in pacifica still carries them

five.five-six
01-07-2007, 12:05 AM
if you want to get one fom vulcan you have to call them..er him. he uses the same phone line for faxes. you can fax the ffl to him and pay with a cc. the usaly do not awnser the phone so you may have to call a lot but they will have it to your ffl befor the 10 days are up. I have been through this more than once :)

PLINK
01-07-2007, 12:56 AM
I was at the Cal Expo Gun show today. At the Sonoma Firearms table they had a few. Sonoma Firearms is out of Antelope, CA.

rocknut
01-07-2007, 9:09 AM
I'm in sacramento. I'll have to see if I can make it out to Cal Expo today. Thanks for the info guys.

50BMGBOB
01-07-2007, 1:43 PM
Sonoma Firearms had them and I think Antioch Armory had a few left.

rocknut
01-07-2007, 2:03 PM
I called john from Sonoma Firearms. He said that he has a stripped lower but he wants $350 for it. That sounds high for any hesse product, but I don't know what vulcan sells them for. I have an email in to them to find out. Does anyone here know what they sell for?

HKROB
01-07-2007, 2:19 PM
Gunrunners was selling them as a complete fix mag lower for $500 they would also machine your upper to fit(DPMS,armalite)

arguy15
01-07-2007, 2:46 PM
I called john from Sonoma Firearms. He said that he has a stripped lower but he wants $350 for it. That sounds high for any hesse product, but I don't know what vulcan sells them for. I have an email in to them to find out. Does anyone here know what they sell for?
He also wanted $250 for a stripped Double Star and $180 for a stripped Vulcan.

ketec_owner
01-07-2007, 4:37 PM
Wait for the Noveske AR-10 lower. $500 or $350 for a HAR-25 with a fix mag configuration isn't worth it. The cut DPMS mag expoxied in sucks and the overall finish is terrible. Most of them have variations in dimensions and take work to make viable. If you want to pay $350-$500 - at least get a real AR-10 lower that will be remarked and rebranded. Currently - I look at my HAR-25 lower as a way of holding my other parts together and that's about it - until I finish all the work to get it dependable and viable.

five.five-six
01-08-2007, 1:07 AM
Wait for the Noveske AR-10 lower. $500 or $350 for a HAR-25 with a fix mag configuration isn't worth it. The cut DPMS mag expoxied in sucks and the overall finish is terrible. Most of them have variations in dimensions and take work to make viable. If you want to pay $350-$500 - at least get a real AR-10 lower that will be remarked and rebranded. Currently - I look at my HAR-25 lower as a way of holding my other parts together and that's about it - until I finish all the work to get it dependable and viable.

that is just the price you have to pay if you want somthing exotic in the PRK

my first one i refinnished with brownells bake-o-finish and it looked nice

the next one had a nicer finish and I am using a standard armalite mag. no last shot hold open which is nice as you have to drop the bolt to load it anyway.. just remember to count to 10 :)

I have about 100 rounds no ftf or fte and it is well under 1" at 100, more like 1/2"

rocknut
01-08-2007, 1:11 AM
Is there an expected release date for the noveske? I'm going to have to get a RRA when they are released, but I want something to put a .450 marlin upper on in the meantime.

pc_city
01-08-2007, 7:04 AM
Is there an expected release date for the noveske?
I would go ahead and get an HAR-25 lower. The only info I could coax out of John Noveske is:
A 7.62 lower is on the drawing board.
I used the bake method to remove the DPMS mag and built it up with an Armalite LPK and Armalite mag. I put in a JP trigger but I am thinking about trying a Geiselle. Last shot hold open functions fine on mine. A couple of hundred mixed rounds of Black Hills and South African surplus have gone down the tube without any problems except one blown primer.

Chrism1438
01-08-2007, 8:08 PM
i purchased two vulcans from sonoma one carbon the other regular. the carbon is great. the other well it sucks. the dims are not correct. i sent it to vulcan and they wanted me to send my new bushmaster lower parts kit to them so they could modify the parts to fit the perfect lower. this back and for email and phone calls went on for awhile. i sent the lower to them and they said it was fine. so it sits alone until i have it correctly milled and dim'md. i have the jig and bits just waiting to get the mill.

just so you all know the lower trigger group pockets are rough and radius plus dims are not correct. a person could clean it up with a dremil- but shouldnt have to. so as the saying goes- friends dont let friends buy vulcans or hesse(one and the same).

rocknut
01-08-2007, 9:27 PM
It sounds like I'm going to get the one off of the sale section. $225. I'm not expecting perfection. I have access to a mill if I need to. I'm thinking I'll have it duracoated earth brown anyway so as long as I can make it fit things will be good. I'm going to get the .450 marlin 16.5" upper from Accuracy systems Inc. http://ruger-mini-14-firearms.com/ar10_supermagnum.html A little more than half way down the page.

ASI Upper Receiver 450 MARLIN 16.5L x .936 Dia., for Armalite AR10s

Carbine length fiberglass free float tube with single rail gas block

PRICE $1280.00

C.G.
01-09-2007, 4:27 AM
I would go ahead and get an HAR-25 lower. The only info I could coax out of John Noveske is:

I used the bake method to remove the DPMS mag and built it up with an Armalite LPK and Armalite mag. I put in a JP trigger but I am thinking about trying a Geiselle. Last shot hold open functions fine on mine. A couple of hundred mixed rounds of Black Hills and South African surplus have gone down the tube without any problems except one blown primer.

I am glad someone else has a functional, last shot hold open HAR-25 with Armalite LPK and mags. I don't think people believed that mine works.

C.G.
01-09-2007, 4:45 AM
i purchased two vulcans from sonoma one carbon the other regular. the carbon is great. the other well it sucks. the dims are not correct. i sent it to vulcan and they wanted me to send my new bushmaster lower parts kit to them so they could modify the parts to fit the perfect lower. this back and for email and phone calls went on for awhile. i sent the lower to them and they said it was fine. so it sits alone until i have it correctly milled and dim'md. i have the jig and bits just waiting to get the mill.

just so you all know the lower trigger group pockets are rough and radius plus dims are not correct. a person could clean it up with a dremil- but shouldnt have to. so as the saying goes- friends dont let friends buy vulcans or hesse(one and the same).

This is an AR-10 type lower, not AR-15 type. While one can buy many different AR-15 type lowers, the same cannot be said for the AR-10 type.

five.five-six
01-09-2007, 7:15 AM
I would go ahead and get an HAR-25 lower

not bad advice, hesse is out of business, vulcan ough the remaining stock at auction. once they are out, there are no more. I was thinking I would replace mine if somthing reasonably priced came along but the thing functions fine and gets plenty of looks at the range. even if egal arms came out with an oll, I do not know that I would run right out and replace it

ketec_owner
01-09-2007, 7:25 AM
It sounds like I'm going to get the one off of the sale section. $225.

I think that's a better deal. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like the HAR-25 - but it's the price gouging that I don't care for.

rocknut
01-09-2007, 10:34 AM
I think that's a better deal. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like the HAR-25 - but it's the price gouging that I don't care for.

I agree. FWIW, Vulcan emailed me back and they sell the har-25 for $199. Its going to be cheaper for me to buy the $225 one since I don't have to pay shipping and the ftf transfer is cheaper. Plus I get to see it on thursday.

Sonoma Firearms has to be charging 100+% markup on their receivers!:mad:

SC-Texas
01-15-2007, 5:14 PM
I have one. How much is a fiar price for a used, complete rifle?

C.G.
01-15-2007, 5:39 PM
I have one. How much is a fiar price for a used, complete rifle?

Barrel length, chrome-moly or stainless?

SC-Texas
01-15-2007, 9:14 PM
24": stainless

http://www.atomiclabrat.com/images/2006-4-15%20%20HESSE%20AR-10/shooting.JPG

C.G.
01-15-2007, 9:39 PM
24": stainless

If it had an Armalite upper it might be worth more; but stripped lowers were selling here for around $290, another $140 for an LPK and buttstock. I am not sure how much the Hesse is worth; 24" ss upper is $950 from Armalite and can be bought for $850 at vendors, but I think the Hesse upper is worth less.
My guess the rifle is worth about $1,000 in California, in states where people can buy DPMS it is worth less.

ketec_owner
01-16-2007, 6:28 AM
Hey Texas. I remember you from ARF.com

Your mag is an modified FAL mag - if I remember correctly. If you put a prince50 fixed mag kit and a DPMS 10-rounder on it from tenprecent firearms - you probably could advertise it here for what you've been asking for on ARF.Com - since it's a complete rifle. Although - you'd have to include a Cohiba or two to seal the deal. :) Good luck.

tygerpaw
01-16-2007, 8:04 AM
Sonoma Firearms has to be charging 100+% markup on their receivers!:mad:

From what I've seen at the few gunshows I go to, Sonoma Firearms is expensive on everything. I dont begrudge them for it. Business is business, and if it works for them, fine. But there are better deals on what they sell a lot of other places.

ketec_owner
01-16-2007, 8:21 AM
If it was a car would you pay 100% markup?

five.five-six
01-16-2007, 9:15 AM
see if you can get this guy to ship it without the pistol grip. you would be hard pressed to complete one for less CLICK HERE (http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=120&t=394937)

WeThePeople
01-23-2007, 1:04 PM
Chris at BSP has HAR-25 lowers for sale. 951-360-1796