PDA

View Full Version : Tangental to Fast&Furious/Castaway, did State Dep. sell arms directly to Los Zetas?

Digital_Boy
07-21-2011, 9:55 PM
If this article has any steak beneath the sizzle, I am truly agog. Bypassing the straw buyers an retail gun shops and going directly to the wholesaler. And flying them out of the same airport DEA operates out of.

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/brad-kozak/atf-death-watch-42-where-did-they-get-those-wonderful-toys/#more-56282

Mods: feel free to lock and link if this is a dupe.
Edit: fixed the link.

SoCal Bob
07-21-2011, 11:02 PM
I got an error message that said "server not found"

dantodd
07-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Try this: http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/brad-kozak/atf-death-watch-42-where-did-they-get-those-wonderful-toys/#more-56282

SoCal Bob
07-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Try this: http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/brad-kozak/atf-death-watch-42-where-did-they-get-those-wonderful-toys/#more-56282

Thanks, that worked. Yikes!, incredible if it's true.

Quser.619
07-21-2011, 11:35 PM
Is it me or does this look like the next couple years of governmental entertainment? Seriously, through in a crucial Congressional & a Presidential Election & this seems weirdly almost like a political-drama book. What are the chances of all of these weapons & programs being unrelated, not much I'd venture. Feels like I'm almost becoming a conspiracy theorist.

MP301
07-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Funny. I guess those of us that have been thinking government conspiracies are the exception and not the rule, are reconsidering thier positions lately. If not, I'm gonna start calling them coincidence theorists!

bob7122
07-21-2011, 11:45 PM
wow!...

that is all i can say.

Dutch3
07-22-2011, 3:59 AM
I have long suspected something of this nature. It is smelling like Iran-Contra more and more every day.

proclone1
07-22-2011, 7:58 AM
Was the media doing their job back in days of watergate & iran/contra, or were they still as agenda-driven as they are today? (but just couldn't hold back the flood because some proverbial cat was out of the bag regarding those scandals?)

This debt ceiling financial issue seems to be pretty unfortunate timing as it's a convenient distraction for the news outlets to cover that, and for any would be questions posed to the administration be answered with "How can you think of such petty things when are nation's economy is at the tipping point??"

I'm really wishing for the press beatdown to commence, but I don't have high hopes for it.

Untamed1972
07-22-2011, 8:10 AM
Wow! Sounds like Iran/Contra all over again.

So would someone like to tell me again why I should still trust LEAs and their agents? :confused:

So much for the oath to support and defend aye? :rolleyes:

VegasND
07-22-2011, 8:16 AM
I wonder if there comes a point where even the strongest ideologue begins to question their beliefs?

It will be interesting to see if the MSM can ever get a bellyfull and look behind the curtain.

r3dn3ck
07-22-2011, 8:17 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mexico-town-dissolves-police-dept-gun-smuggling-scandal-184408968.html

don't forget that little adjunct to the whole story. Columbus, NM dissolves its PD because the whole town government and pretty well all the residents were involved. The state resources that would normally prosecute such are apparently so deep in bed with them that they can't prosecute, so the already-shown-to-be Federal AG steps in to what... assure us that there's nothing to see here and that we should move on after it's been shown that they were in the same bed and have the crabs to prove it.

Wherryj
07-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks, that worked. Yikes!, incredible if it's true.

Even more incredible will be whether any "justice" is done if this turns out to be true. If it does, I'd predict that the mainstream media will absolutely ignore the story (pretty much like they have the Fast and Furious story for the most part), and that lower level lackies get a slap on the wrist followed by a pardon-then the government just continues to do "business as usual" thereafter (both parties).

vantec08
07-22-2011, 4:01 PM
I wonder if there comes a point where even the strongest ideologue begins to question their beliefs?

It will be interesting to see if the MSM can ever get a bellyfull and look behind the curtain.

That would only be sensible ideologues, who have the capability for original, critical thinking.

Digital_Boy
07-22-2011, 10:52 PM
I think this is going to be a bad one, if the likes of CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC and FOX actually deign to cover it.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/worse-than-gunwalker-state-dept-allegedly-sold-guns-to-zetas/?singlepage=true

Dutch3
07-23-2011, 5:53 AM
Was the media doing their job back in days of watergate & iran/contra, or were they still as agenda-driven as they are today? (but just couldn't hold back the flood because some proverbial cat was out of the bag regarding those scandals?)

The Washington Post was the only media investigating Watergate for about 6 months. It finally went mainstream after the judge presiding over the trial of the burglars released a statement that one of the defendants had told him they had been threatened to "keep quiet" by government operatives.

Iran-Contra was first revealed by Lebanese sources after a plane delivering US weapons to the rebels was shot down over Nicaragua.

With the proliferation of internet sources today and easier access to information, this should be front page news everywhere. It is clear the mainstream media are failing in their responsibility of unbiased reporting.

ALSystems
07-23-2011, 7:49 AM
With the proliferation of internet sources today and easier access to information, this should be front page news everywhere. It is clear the mainstream media are failing in their responsibility of unbiased reporting.
Not a surprise at all.
I just hope this story eventually gets mainstream media coverage.

Lone_Gunman
07-23-2011, 9:08 AM
They're painting this as disinformation over at Sipsey St. Say it's intended to take the focus off of the gunwalker scandal. I tend to think he knows what he's talking about.

Dutch3
07-23-2011, 9:32 AM
They're painting this as disinformation over at Sipsey St. Say it's intended to take the focus off of the gunwalker scandal. I tend to think he knows what he's talking about.

It seems to me it would draw more attention to gunwalker and the whole "US guns going to Mexico" thing. Issa and Grassley smell blood and I don't think they are going to lose their focus.