PDA

View Full Version : Legal advice for family out of state, Oregon

bloodhawke83
07-21-2011, 8:23 PM
So my grandfather from my step-father's side pasted few years ago, he let his girlfriend handle stuff for him. She ended up taking everything, car, guns and w/e he had not bolted down. Today, I found out she has felonies to her name.

Extended family is in Medford Oregon, who can they contact to get help? ATF, local PD, sheriff?? :confused:

We need to get these guns out of the hands of a felon ASAP. Most likely she sold them already to whomever.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/180a167e-9213-ae7e.jpg

Vietnam us army vet.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/180a167e-9300-8fb1.jpg

robcoe
07-21-2011, 9:00 PM
So my grandfather from my step-father's side pasted few years ago, he let his girlfriend handle stuff for him. She ended up taking everything, car, guns and w/e he had not bolted down. Today, I found out she has felonies to her name.

Extended family is in Medford Oregon, who can they contact to get help? ATF, local PD, sheriff?? :confused:

We need to get these guns out of the hands of a felon ASAP. Most likely she sold them already to whomever.

If there are records that she took them, I would contact the local PD or sheriff

Dont expect to get anything back however, my family has been going through an estate battle in that screwey state for the best part of a decade, eveything will be stacked against you and the courts wont care what kind of evidence you have.

SanPedroShooter
07-22-2011, 5:00 AM
The Medford police are real *** kickers, and they know all the scum bags in town by there first names. They pride themselves on it.

I would call them and tell them who, what, when, where. Let them know there is a felon running around their town armed to the teeth... Expect results?

Also, the multiple pawn shops are filled with guns (its actually pretty cool) you may want to pass out a discription of what you're looking for.

r3dn3ck
07-22-2011, 6:49 AM
used to live there. MPD doesn't dig d-bags and especially those with bad timing. Call up.

bloodhawke83
07-22-2011, 6:57 AM
First I need the make model and serial number. He was a Nevada LEO for most of his life, how do we go about getting the purchase & register history from Nevada?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

socal2310
07-22-2011, 8:00 AM
First I need the make model and serial number. He was a Nevada LEO for most of his life, how do we go about getting the purchase & register history from Nevada?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Clark County requires registration of handguns only, apart from that, there is no registration of any sort in Nevada. 4473's facilitate tracing from the weapon back to the owner, not the other way around and the information is privileged in any case. Unless he recorded the information somewhere, it's gone as far as your ability to find it is concerned.

Ryan

bloodhawke83
07-22-2011, 8:20 AM
Clark County requires registration of handguns only, apart from that, there is no registration of any sort in Nevada. 4473's facilitate tracing from the weapon back to the owner, not the other way around and the information is privileged in any case. Unless he recorded the information somewhere, it's gone as far as your ability to find it is concerned.

Ryan

Man, I really don't know this grandfather that well. I'll have to dig around to see where he lived. I wont know until I get home.