PDA

View Full Version : M14 Armscorp Receiver Group Buy... info only

toolman9000
01-06-2007, 8:43 AM
There is a M14 Armscorp Receiver Group Buy going on at the m14firinglineforums.com (http://www.m14firinglineforum.com/upload/index.php?) go to the "group buys" section.

Price is $455+shipping, it is a limited run of 250 receivers.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/rangeofficer14/TFL0001x200.jpg

---
information only
---

-toolman9000

tygerpaw
01-06-2007, 9:23 AM
My opinion is to stay with Springfield Armory, Inc. or LRB. I had an Armscorp and it had problems with the bolt stop working, which is common from what I hear. And yes, I did use a USGI bolt stop, a few of them in fact. The finish is also not as good in my opinion.

That's my .02 worth...........

NRAhighpowershooter
01-06-2007, 1:15 PM
A LOT of the big named 'smiths won;t touch a Armscorp receiver for a match rifle build.

donger
01-06-2007, 2:19 PM
IIRC the Fulton M14 receiver is just an Armscorp with different roll marks.

So stay away from the Fultons as well. :D

toolman9000
01-06-2007, 3:47 PM
I have a Fulton that is perfect... I know that Armscorp has gotten some bad press, but I doubt that you would get an out of spec receiver - they wouldn't want to tick off 250 M14 devotees would they? That would tank their business with that much bad press. I bet the recievers from this group buy are the best they will ever make - it's just good business.

The Fulton receiver I got from the WR.com group buy was perfect and Warbird said that it was the best he ever saw from Fulton... there are slight differences between Armscorp and Fulton even they are both made by Armscorp - Fulton has their own specs.

Since it is a super long wait to get an LRB right now and getting a stripped Springfield Inc. (Made in Canada) are $550...

Say what you will about Armscorp, but this is a good deal especially if you have a parts kit or two lying around.

my 2 cents.

-toolman9000

jtv3062
01-06-2007, 6:09 PM
I got my LRB a few years ago so I did'nt have to be put on a waiting list, but is'nt Lou filling back orders right now? so the wait could'nt be long.

cocorador
01-07-2007, 6:30 AM
I have an Armscorp and it runs perfect with GI mags, including the bolt hold open. It's been perfect. IMO.

toolman9000
01-27-2007, 8:53 PM
needed to bump this... check out the new picture in the first post!

Cool!!!

tygerpaw
01-28-2007, 7:43 AM
I have an Armscorp and it runs perfect with GI mags, including the bolt hold open. It's been perfect. IMO.

I have heard of people who really love theirs. But my experience was shared by others too. I have heard that some factory seconds were being sold by Sarco, Inc. and others in $300 range a few years ago. I may have gotten one of those unknowingly....

vonsmith
01-28-2007, 12:19 PM
My opinion is to stay with Springfield Armory, Inc. or LRB. I had an Armscorp and it had problems with the bolt stop working, which is common from what I hear. And yes, I did use a USGI bolt stop, a few of them in fact. The finish is also not as good in my opinion.

That's my .02 worth...........
What was the cause of the bolt stop not working? Did the mag push the bolt stop high enough to block the bolt? Did removing the mag tend to pull the bolt stop back down releasing the bolt instead of leaving the bolt stop alone? The reason I'm asking is because one of my SA rifles has this issue.

=vonsmith=

gunshack
01-28-2007, 6:06 PM
If the folks at M14forum are involved you can guarantee these are going to be top quality receivers. Some of the most highly regarded M-14 smiths and historians hang out there. I talked to the general manager of Armscorp myself, and he's really happy to have the opportunity to serve that community.

There were indeed a bunch of Armscorp seconds that made it to the market via Sarco and Numrich. That tarnished the name of an otherwise good receiver. Fulton's receivers are made by Armscorp, and they have a great reputation.

This group buy is being orchestrated through RA Parts, the sister company to Armscorp, and the only way to get an Armsorcp that you know has passed their QA standards.

toolman9000
01-28-2007, 9:14 PM
If the folks at M14forum are involved you can guarantee these are going to be top quality receivers. Some of the most highly regarded M-14 smiths and historians hang out there. I talked to the general manager of Armscorp myself, and he's really happy to have the opportunity to serve that community.

+1

I couldn't say it better myself... that is why I posted this in the first place!

Top quality, cool heel stamp and a piece of mind.

-toolman9000