PDA

View Full Version : Sign the petition regarding "open carry" in California

jeep7081
07-20-2011, 8:42 PM
Found this. Not sure if its too late to sign it.

I was #2691 to sign
http://www.petitiononline.com/CalOCPet/petition.html

Light reading after you sign
http://sierramadre.patch.com/articles/california-open-carry-bill-passes-state-senate-committee

bwiese
07-20-2011, 9:23 PM
This online petition is useless politically. It's in fact it's most likely designed to get your name for a mailing list.

It's dangerous because it diverts efforts from real political work and calling/writing/faxing CA legislators and keeping their phone lines busy and their staff occupied.

However, now that they have your name and address I'm sure you'll be getting more catalogs in the mail, along with fundraising solicitations.

EBR Works
07-20-2011, 9:26 PM
^^ This. Believe it.

Drivedabizness
07-20-2011, 9:32 PM
F it... #2699

jeep7081
07-20-2011, 9:37 PM
This online petition is useless politically. It's in fact it's most likely designed to get your name for a mailing list.

It's dangerous because it diverts efforts from real political work and calling/writing/faxing CA legislators and keeping their phone lines busy and their staff occupied.

However, now that they have your name and address I'm sure you'll be getting more catalogs in the mail, along with fundraising solicitations.

Asked for zipcode, not address. Click on it ;) Besides, had my "tin hat" on when I did it :)

astroboy
07-20-2011, 10:57 PM

^^ This. Believe it.

i concur with both posts.

G1500
07-20-2011, 11:00 PM
My name is way back in the double digits.

jeep7081
07-21-2011, 12:13 AM
My name is way back in the double digits.

Very cool! Every little bit helps.

jeep7081
07-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Per request. Quote deleted.

Anchors
07-21-2011, 2:12 AM
Nothing has ever been accomplished with an e-petition.
It is essentially even less useful to us as a ballot initiative.

But hey, it doesn't hurt so whatever.

jeep7081
07-21-2011, 5:08 AM
Nothing has ever been accomplished with an e-petition.
It is essentially even less useful to us as a ballot initiative.

But hey, it doesn't hurt so whatever.

Ya, its better than posting and complaining. Its something in a forward direction to show your not happy about it.