PDA

View Full Version : 42% off NRA Memberships!

GOEX FFF
07-20-2011, 6:48 PM
I just saw this on NRA's FB page.
Sorry if it's a little late, but NRA is offering an annual membership for a measly $20.00

According to the page they linked, there is only 11 hours left.

Get your all IMPORTANT (and cheap) NRA membership now!!

http://markdown.com/

taperxz
07-20-2011, 7:06 PM
Interesting! I don't like that you sign up and get this on a NON NRA site though. Did anyone try this?

monk
07-20-2011, 7:12 PM
I was looking this up and it seems Glenn Beck has ties to this site. While I don't agree with the man, this site does seem to be legit.

infernl
07-20-2011, 7:22 PM
I prefer the $25 membership, with the $25 BPS gift card...

Dutch3
07-20-2011, 7:26 PM
I just tried it, the purchase was confirmed and I received an email:

"Once the deal closes your credit card will be charged and you will receive an additional email confirming the charge and instructions on how to receive your voucher."

"Once the deal closes"? "Voucher"?

Wernher von Browning
07-20-2011, 7:32 PM
I prefer the $25 membership, with the $25 BPS gift card...

Si.

With the Bass Pro Shop deal, you pay $5 more, but you get the nifty-keen (Hecho en Chine) range bag, the gift card, and, most important, a PAPER (not "digital") copy of the magazine of your choice.

GOEX FFF
07-20-2011, 8:57 PM
The link is right from the NRA FB page so I'm sure its legit.

Just-in
07-20-2011, 9:10 PM
dang I just joined for 25. ah well 5 mo' dollas towards fighting for our guns!

The rest of you free loaders who havn't outta contribute...

Rhythm of Life
07-20-2011, 9:14 PM
Si.

With the Bass Pro Shop deal, you pay $5 more, but you get the nifty-keen (Hecho en Chine) range bag, the gift card, and, most important, a PAPER (not "digital") copy of the magazine of your choice.

Still waiting on everything but my membership card from that deal.

No BP gift card, no magazine, no range bag. Seems like the NRA duped me.

Just-in
07-20-2011, 9:33 PM
How long have you been waiting? I noticed they cashed my check within probably two days of mailing. All I want is my membership card and decals...

Maestro Pistolero
07-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Seems strange and kind of cheesy. If the point of joining is to support gun rights, why try to get it as cheap as you can? It's 35 dollars at full price. :confused:

Anchors
07-21-2011, 2:11 AM
I don't get the point of joining if you're trying to get it as cheap as possible...

Dutch3
07-21-2011, 3:22 AM
I don't get the point of joining if you're trying to get it as cheap as possible...

I'm not cheap, I'm just broke. :mad:

Maestro Pistolero
07-21-2011, 8:22 AM
I'm not cheap, I'm just broke. :mad:

That I can understand.

Wernher von Browning
07-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Still waiting on everything but my membership card from that deal.

No BP gift card, no magazine, no range bag. Seems like the NRA duped me.

I looked into that some time ago. Lots of people said they were waiting on their bennies, and they did eventually arrive but it took a while. Be patient. And do let us know if they DON'T ever arrive.

mdimeo
07-21-2011, 11:02 AM

Having N+1 members is probably more valuable to NRA's political power than having N+10 dollars. Buying a cheap membership is better than writing an equivalent check as a straight donation, even after they send you a bunch of dubious freebies.

johnny1290
07-21-2011, 11:13 AM
They've been giving away memberships for years. I assume , like magazines, the more subscribers the more clout/ad revenue etc.

Funny thing, when I signed up for free in years past I got the card and sticker much sooner than when I paid $25 at the gun show.

Anybody have a line on a $300 lifetime membership? I know they run that promo from time to time. I don't need a magazine or hat. Better I give them $300 upfront, since who knows I may get hit by a bus tomorrow and I can't afford to pay $1,000

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Anchors
07-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Having N+1 members is probably more valuable to NRA's political power than having N+10 dollars. Buying a cheap membership is better than writing an equivalent check as a straight donation, even after they send you a bunch of dubious freebies.

They use the money on politicians and propaganda.
Politicians care about the gun vote to an extent, but I think the gun money keeps them coming back.

There are a lot of antis or people that vote anti even if they would never join a group like Brady, but a lot more people pony up their money for the NRA, which gets results.

But I think the cheap promotions are good for getting other people memberships, then they can renew as they please!

xrMike
07-21-2011, 1:09 PM
No BP gift card, no magazine, no range bag. Seems like the NRA duped me.Sorry man. I was wondering why I got 2 sets of everything. Now I know.