PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired...

Ziggy91
07-20-2011, 5:50 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm 100% sure that anyone here (on this site and in this state of California) can agree that our gun laws, for lack of a better term... suck

I've been searching for a rifle for some time now and I'm absolutely sickened and frustrated by the limits that we're faced with...

Honestly, I'm ok with the 10 round limit in magazines..... but this bullet button business just kills me. If I was going to do something criminal, the damn thing wouldn't even be on there to begin with...

Hell, it may not be that bad if I can still shoot the gun without problems...... but is this really necessary?

Someone please tell me... why do we have this crap law and what can we do to get rid of it?

:mad:

stix213
07-20-2011, 5:56 PM
Support the SAF & CGF, cause they already have a lawsuit attempting to overturn PC 12276.1 (the law that makes you have a bullet button) and 12031(e) (the law that allows unconstitutional searches to check for loaded guns)

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=436300

dantodd
07-20-2011, 6:38 PM
Support the SAF & CGF, cause they already have a lawsuit attempting to overturn PC 12276.1 (the law that makes you have a bullet button) and 12031(e) (the law that allows unconstitutional searches to check for loaded guns)

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=436300

^^^ This ^^^

Liberty1
07-20-2011, 6:41 PM
Click and be uplifted! http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/news/current-cases.html

proclone1
07-20-2011, 6:57 PM
http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/donate !!

Like you, I definitely get really frustrated mentally when I think about these asinine laws. It just goes to show you that your vote is important, and it's imperative that each voter do their best to understand who they're voting for.

Hilldweller
07-20-2011, 7:12 PM
Amen

luckystrike
07-20-2011, 7:21 PM
is that gordon freeman in your avatar?

Drivedabizness
07-20-2011, 7:31 PM
I'm sure the "right people" have considered this...but I'd love to see the State of CA subjected to a consent decree (like LAPD has been under, like the Dept of Corrections is under) where the Federal Courts have to OK anything everything that touches our 2nd Amendment rights. Action and action again they (the CA legislature and various local government entities to varying degrees) have openly acted to discriminate against anyone who wishes to exercise their rights. From the State Senator who, when advised that a pistol regulation would make target models used by folks training for the Olympics illegal, said "so tell them to move to another State", to all the other examples we all know so well...like the ammo law that was struck down by the Feds only to be essentially resurrected with the same (or worse) flaws in this session.
Until we take away the Legislatures ability to act against us we will have to roll the dice, pay the $$$, and maybe worst of all, wait for justice while we sue - one unconstitutional item at a time.
I know, too good to hope for, right?

SJgunguy24
07-20-2011, 7:42 PM
You think your having a tough time with these laws, try building guns while trying to maintain a legal configuration at all times.
For example, if a customer wants me to chop their barrel on a Saiga 12, I have to completely dissassemble that shot gun and can only reattach the barrel after the barrel work has been completed. That means pressing on the muzzle device or having to make a custom one off muzzle protector to keep the possibility of damaging the brake to a minimum. Outside of CA a temporary questionable status is not an issue as much. The Feds understand that is part of the process and give you leeway to complete the work. CADOJ does not allow that, so that means hours of extra work to stay in compliance for a 1 hour job.

Window_Seat
07-20-2011, 8:12 PM
As all of the above indicates, and I can't emphasize enough that it's not lost upon many who have a serious hand in this issue that the AW ban needs to go.

One thing I might also add is that it's taken years to research all the materials needed for there to be a good foundation for a constitutional challenge to this AWB.

Stick around and stay tuned, and be ready to see something come up in :twoweeks:...

Erik.

timdps
07-20-2011, 8:18 PM
Honestly, I'm ok with the 10 round limit in magazines..... but this bullet button business just kills me. If I was going to do something criminal, the damn thing wouldn't even be on there to begin with...

Hell, it may not be that bad if I can still shoot the gun without problems...... but is this really necessary?

Gotta deal with it until it gets changed. Until then, if ya don't like the bullet button, then go featureless with Solar Tactical grip fin or MonsterMan grip. I'm partial to grip fins because I like unusual stuff. They are not quite as convenient as a grip but they work fine.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/timdps/Featureless/RPD1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/timdps/Featureless/PTR44a.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/timdps/Featureless/M53a.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/timdps/Featureless/FAK.jpg

pointedstick
07-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Don't get mad, get educated. Knowledge is power, and the more of it you have, the stronger you will be when the time comes to use it.

RRangel
07-20-2011, 11:03 PM
It's normal to be angry when our public servants so easily disobey their oaths. Channel you anger into action via supporting the pro gun causes in our state that have already been mentioned. I can guarantee you that our terrible anti-gun legislature does not want more pro gun activists working with and supporting the Calguns Foundation, NRA, and SAF. In the end they will be helpless against court losses.

DeanW66
07-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Supporting the CG Foundation doesn't require a huge investment either, if you don't want it to. For example, until just last week I was donating $5 every paycheck automatically via my online bill pay. Only $5. I just doubled that, now $10 every paycheck. But those $5 and $10 donations, when multiplied across thousands of people, can add up to a lot of support.

See my signature for the link on instructions how you too can make simple small but still important donations.

Anchors
07-21-2011, 2:10 AM
is that gordon freeman in your avatar?

Haha nice. I love HL.

Supporting the CG Foundation doesn't require a huge investment either, if you don't want it to. For example, until just last week I was donating $5 every paycheck automatically via my online bill pay. Only $5. I just doubled that, now $10 every paycheck. But those $5 and $10 donations, when multiplied across thousands of people, can add up to a lot of support.

See my signature for the link on instructions how you too can make simple small but still important donations.

Hey, that is a great idea! I'm usually broke, but that might be a good way for me to get a regular donating pattern.

I didn't realize you could donate in such small increments.

Get3CoffinsReady
07-21-2011, 4:29 AM
Yeah, I don't care for the bullet button either. I am not going to trade a detachable magazine for a pistol grip. Check out an M1a, kel-tec su-16, benelli mr1 and there might be some custom shops that will outfit a featureless AR or AK.

sima09
07-21-2011, 4:45 AM
I think it's funny that the BB is there to stop crazy people from going off at a bunch of people, or gangs/criminals..but do you guys honestly think that a criminal is gonna care if their gun is legal? I think all these laws just hurt...and undermine the constitutional rights of LAWFUL and SANE gun owners

Get3CoffinsReady
07-21-2011, 5:42 AM
Yep, I am more and more convinced that there is no such thing as a "sensible gun law".
They exist to frustrate gun owners and to ward off or shut down gun shops.

Slim///
07-21-2011, 6:01 AM
I thought the bullet button was created by us, for us so we can still have our beautiful rifles?

vantec08
07-21-2011, 6:24 AM
We have these crap laws because this nation (and state) has mutated into something unrecognizable, outside of the Constitution and its original intent and meaning. The majority of voters in CA are mainly in the major metropolitan areas and carry most elections. They have decided its much simpler to hold inanimate objects accountable rather than criminals, especially considering that criminals are the very constituency of one major political party. We fight back through forums and organizations, but are only one vote away from losing it ALL - - the deciding vote on a 4-4 deadlocked SCOTUS - which doesnt portend well for the future. I could be optimistic if many of the decisions came back 7-2 or even 6-3 but such is not the case. I never thought I would see the day, in my lifetime, when the Boy Scouts and the NRA would be the Evil Empire. Yea, we have won some important recent legal decisions, but that can be wiped out by that ONE deciding vote. And, believe me, the the stupid laws will continue and will require a wiping out one-by-one. A long and tedious process that will take YEARS. Any state that has put itself in the place that CA is in is not likely to turn on a dime and change. Stay prepared ziggy, keep your powder dry and your head down. There might in incoming.

Ziggy91
07-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Great stuff everybody, glad to see that I'm not alone.
I'll do my best to deal with this crap for now, but still hold that hope for change...

Haha nice. I love HL.

BTW it's Chris Costa

...Gordon Freeman WTH lol

Bhobbs
07-21-2011, 10:34 AM
The part that gets me the most angry is we have to work through the courts which takes months to get 1 law struck down. In the mean time the legislature is passing multiple bills including some that do what we just fought to overturn.

We are fighting an uphill battle while the anti legislatures roll more sh*t downhill at us.

timdps
07-21-2011, 1:46 PM
Great stuff everybody, glad to see that I'm not alone.
I'll do my best to deal with this crap for now, but still hold that hope for change...

There have been HUGE changes since 2005. Before 2005 there were no Off List Lowers, no bullet buttons and no grip fins to make pistol gripped rifles featureless. Without bullet buttons, there was no way to get a pistol with a mag outside the grip. None of the guns in my post above or the photo below (except the Tokarev) would have been possible in CA before these changes.

Without CalGuns.net its unlikely that there ever would have been OOLs, bullet buttons or grip fins and all the guns that can now be imported and used in CA.

I had to get bigger pistol case...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/timdps/Draco/DSCN3632.jpg