PDA

View Full Version : parts kit question

tujungatoes
01-05-2007, 6:04 PM
I'm sorry If this has been gone over a bazillion times, but I couldn't find it. So here it goes...I've decided I want to build an AK. AKparts.com and cope's seem to have the best prices on the Romanian kits. Would anyone recommend one distributor over the other? Or does anyone have a better place to go? I don't remember seeing many at the gun shows.

Any input would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance

Toes

jumbopanda
01-05-2007, 6:40 PM
They're both good vendors.

Mag_Rat
01-05-2007, 6:42 PM
I bought both my kits from DPH, they are ok.They only ship UPS ground and it takes forever.

thedrickel
01-05-2007, 6:49 PM
I just bought a few from DPH, don't know how their kits are yet, but they had the best deal with G2 FCG's, it was less than 140/kit shipped. Gotta stock up before they start running out! (I'm gettin kinda worried since bocefus is out of them . . . that can't be a good sign :( )

tujungatoes
01-05-2007, 7:10 PM
Thanks guy's for the heads up on DPH they are cheaper still:D ...one question. They don't specify weather the kits are #'s matching. As this is my first build I'm being very cautious. I don't want to have to worry about headspace. Do most of these match?

Toes

fal_762x51
01-05-2007, 7:22 PM
DHParms kits match unless it says otherwise. I got one, 1982 and it fitted the built nice.

PLINK
01-05-2007, 7:44 PM
I got two "hand picked" kits from Copes that had some rust on them. This was from their last batch though. I basically wrote them and said if "hand picked" means rusty then I will not be buying kits from them anymore. They never responded.

Guinness
01-05-2007, 8:48 PM
I got two "hand picked" kits from Copes that had some rust on them. This was from their last batch though. I basically wrote them and said if "hand picked" means rusty then I will not be buying kits from them anymore. They never responded.

Not to get off topic, but thats the problem with 'Hand Pick' as I see it. Most vendors will do a 'hand pick' of what is left instock - IE the best of 5 random picked ones.. Well, if its the end of the run then your 'hand pick' has been picked over a few times before..

Back on topic..

I've had success with both.. :)

6172crew
01-05-2007, 9:05 PM
Which AK parts kits are the ones to have?

Other than the osama bin laden one.

JHC
01-06-2007, 6:53 AM
The only reasonably priced parts kits out there right now are Romanian unless you want a folder(major hassle in CA), then you will find some Polish and a few Yugos. The parts kit I want is one of those Yugo .223s but they are around $400, I could get 4 more Romys for that